Confirmed with Link: Calum Ritchie signs ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We just need Val and Landy back, then there will be 2 really good PP units.

PP 1
Val-MacK-Mikko
Drouin-Makar

PP2
Landy-Mitts-Lehky
Girard-Toews

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not really. Granted most of his time there was doing the 3 dmen thing so.
He didn't have an elite shot but IMO he has the skill to be an asset on the man-advantage.

I still found it absolutely hilarious that upon his arrival in Buffalo he got visibly frustrated because when they were on the power play, his teammates just stood there without a clue as to what to do. :laugh:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Was Byram ever all that good on the power play? I honestly don't remember.

The very brief time he got on PP1 he was awesome. On PP2, nothing.

This is probably peak Byram we'll ever see on the Avs. When Makar was injured and that boy went ham on the man advantage and getting #1D time. 1 even strength goal, a goal and an assist on the man advantage.

Not surprising at all to me that he didn't want to play behind Makar.

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He didn't have an elite shot but IMO he has the skill to be an asset on the man-advantage.

I still found it absolutely hilarious that upon his arrival in Buffalo he got visibly frustrated because when they were on the power play, his teammates just stood there without a clue as to what to do. :laugh:
The flip side of that is Byrum trying to direct a PP that he has no idea how to operate and the other 4 were dumbfounded that he was trying to do his own thing.

I think Bo has some PP upside to his game, but he doesn't look like a guy who should be a top unit player. Dahlin and Power both look better in that role than Byram has so far. If I was Buffalo though, I'd give Byrum a run prior to Power on the 2nd unit though.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The very brief time he got on PP1 he was awesome. On PP2, nothing.

This is probably peak Byram we'll ever see on the Avs. When Makar was injured and that boy went ham on the man advantage and getting #1D time. 1 even strength goal, a goal and an assist on the man advantage.

Not surprising at all to me that he didn't want to play behind Makar.

Ah yes, I remember how royally pissed I was that Bednar threw JTC and Naz out there the same time (it almost always ended in disaster when those two were out there together outside of the '21-22 season) in OT, such a waste of a great effort from Bo. That was a pretty fun game otherwise though.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Ah yes, I remember how royally pissed I was that Bednar threw JTC and Naz out there the same time (it almost always ended in disaster when those two were out there together outside of the '21-22 season) in OT, such a waste of a great effort from Bo. That was a pretty fun game otherwise though.

I'm still mad at Kadri for losing his man and ruining that game for Bo :laugh:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Was Byram ever all that good on the power play? I honestly don't remember.
Not really. He showed flashes and he had a lot of mobility. He was better when there weren't 3 dmen on the unit but I don't think he was aggressive enough in driving toward the middle of the ice. He was dangerous as hell when he did it, but he like everyone else on the Avs since '95 overpassed the hell out of the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad