Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
F*** This team just can't catch a break. Marner was fumbling the puck all game long, hope he's not mentally F***** again for game 7. Good game overall, too many mistakes, and officials didn't help. What a shame.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Play to the whistle.

Blow D coverage + Campbell has to cover that puck. What the hell was he thinking?
Jack hasn't inspired any confidence so far this playoffs. He likely needs to be replaced this summer. He isn't a number 1 guy who can carry the load and play a ton of games, not physically or mentally

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Infraction again? I don't believe it, I mean really somebodys a little too sensitive methinks

Enjoy yourself, loosen up, life is better that way.

ToddBrew

Oct 5, 2017
Caps fan coming in peace. Long time listener, first time commenter. Something feels different this year. Leafs take game 7. Truly. They skate too hard and too fast to not take it. Hockey is fickle as the Bolts didn't deserve that win. Don't lose heart.

p.s. Caps are BONED. But the Leaf will win this series.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Other than maybe puck over glass, does anybody think that there is any scenario at all where the refs would give the Leafs a 2 minute 5 on 3 PP when they were down a goal in the 3rd facing elimination?

And if there was a 1 in a billion scenario where that would happen, does anybody think that our opponent would then not get a single PP through the next 30 minutes of play?

I didn't think so.

We deserved this game. Absolutely robbed.

DarenX

Sep 21, 2019
Honestly, they played good, especially in ot. Sometimes it's good Sometimes it's shit.

I dont get the reffing in this series. It was actually the most 5on5 we have seen entire series until the third... like what were they trying to accomplish... then put them back away in ot when there were 2 pretty clear calls... just can't with them.

Bad goal by Jacky but it was a greasy one.

I will be there to bleed blue on Saturday, as long as they show up and grind it out, raise the intensity like game 5, I will be rooting for them no matter the outcome. Just need to show up.

Mopar

May 3, 2021
The OT was definitely starting to feel like the OT against Montreal last year. Carry the play, outshoot them, outchance them, one mistake and done.

Soft goal in OT from Jack. Should have closed this out tonight after getting 3 more on Vas.

We shot ourselves in the foot tonight. Kerfoot drop pass, the high sticking penalties, etc. Played well enough to win but mistakes cost us tonight.

We'll finish this at home.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I hope Matthews puts up some good regular season #'s his last couple years in Toronto. He's not coming back to a team with 11 straight first round exits. If he does, he's a pylon.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
virtual group hug guys. It's hard to be mad at them. For one, they played well. 2, they got f***ed over with the bogus Foote dive. 3 there was no make up call in OT for it even though there were clear opportunities for the refs to make a call.

Someone said it well in the GDT. It's hard enough beating the defending champions and it's hard enough to beat the zebras but beating both together is nearly insurmountable. I'm used to this Leafs losing routine by now but still kinda stings. Not even mad.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Leafs are the better team. Campbell is the better goalie. Game 7 outcome will be by NHL decree, with their sadistic jail guards, the referees, carrying out the orders.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
What's infuriating is that there are fans that watch this same precise thing happen each and every year, 6 times in a row, and still act like it's irrational "negativity" to be honest about what's happening with this team.
This. And those "positive" happy fans will be MIA in the PGT after the game 7 loss just like last year.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Just one of those BS games where the league calls down to the refs, and says we need this to go 7 games.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Wonder if Campbell will give up a soft icebreaker in game 7, this goalie and team are so hard to predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad