GDT: Leafs @ Habs - 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Oh if I could ask a small favour to all you Leafers

No whining, crying nor declarations of doom after even the smallest of calamities please. Let's try not firing the coach and management after a goal is scored and stop blaming stuff on a player particularly when said player isnt even on the ice! All that nonsense is just too frigging annoying for words.

Thanks;
Your friend koho
That would be nice but it's too late, the weeping started some time this morning back on page 2. :laugh:

The Leafs had tendency to allow teams back in the game after getting a comfortable lead.

I see y’all wearing sweaters…….must mean it’s hockey season
Not me but my daughters, wife and mother all love sweater weather. Was a beautiful fall weekend in Montreal, seems to be the case every year.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That would be nice but it's too late, the weeping started some time this morning back on page 2. :laugh:

Not me but my daughters, wife and mother all love sweater weather. Was a beautiful fall weekend in Montreal, seems to be the case every year.
are you going to the game?

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Sadly the only thing worse would be if we grabbed 6 random people off the street. Gave them a jersey, skates and a hockey stick. lol

The funny thing is. Over the years, regardless of where our teams are in the standings. The games are usually close. Let's just hope that we're all entertained, and no freaking injuries.
Harsh experience has taught me to never, ever take a game against the Habs lightly.

They are always highly contested. I don't breathe until the last 3rd period horn sounds.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Our offense should feast on their defense.

Very soft lineup tho. Expect that X guy to be taking runs at our guys
We will score at least 6 goals in tonights' game. I already put on bets on us. This game is ours to take.

And that x guy will be taking even more penalties on us. Our guys in our 4th line will take care of "business" though. Ashton-Reese and Aube-Kubel will fight tonight, or at least one of them will.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
We will score at least 6 goals in tonights' game. I already put on bets on us. This game is ours to take.

And that x guy will be taking even more penalties on us. Our guys in our 4th line will take care of "business" though. Ashton-Reese and Aube-Kubel will fight tonight, or at least one of them will.

I’m curious about that Xkehaj kid- he’s a big boy and he’s mean but how long until he gets overzealous and picks a fight with Ryan Reaves or Tom Wilson and gets fed his lunch? How long until he pulls a Dion and takes himself out of position with a big hit and gets walked?

But then again I also read last year while the OHL was in the off season he was working at Costco. Admirable, work ethic in today's youth is in the toilet, though not like I blame them; you gotta work twice as hard to get half what your parents had, participating in a society that despite all the ‘progress’ is worse and more unfair than ever.

I predict a shredding, maybe 5 or 6-1 but anything is possible.

Reactions: Kelly and danny90

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Malgin has a bit of a Barabanov vibe, hopefully this time we reap the rewards instead of another team.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
bored-waiting.gif

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Malgin is getting a tremendous opportunity to succeed. Can’t see why he doesn’t.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
About 30 mins away from Montreal now. Anyone else going tonight? Need some backup incase I get beat up after we win lol

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Harsh experience has taught me to never, ever take a game against the Habs lightly.

They are always highly contested. I don't breathe until the last 3rd period horn sounds.
Funny thing is in the last 19 season openers between the Leafs and Habs, the Leafs are 12-6-0-1 iirc

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Hopefully Murray plays great and shuts everyone up.

Expecting nothing less than a Murray shutout and a hatty from Malgin.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
About 30 mins away from Montreal now. Anyone else going tonight? Need some backup incase I get beat up after we win lol
If you get beat up by a Habs fan we will revoke your leads fan credentials :sarcasm:
Good luck and enjoy. I've seen a few games there and it's usually just good natured banter

Reactions: peconcan

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Could Robertson not be put in for someone? Seems like a bit of a waste tbh.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Was just going to say, watch out for the X guy. He's a punk, injured multiple people in preseason and needs to hit to keep his job. Not a hockey player but more of a cheap shot artist.

He can barely keep up to people too, so it has to be in areas where he can even reach our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad