GDT: Leafs @ Habs - 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Holy Smokes that defence. If the Leafs don't tee off with at least a 5 spot I'll be disappointed.
What was I thinking predicting an upset? 4 rookies with 14 NHL games total experience. Seriously that's like the Leafs circa 1981 with a defense of Benning, Boimstruck and McGill.

• Haha
Reactions: therealkoho

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
So you're claiming that you don't know the potential line up or where to watch it
I didn't say that at all. I said that it would be nice for the game thread - especially the game thread for the opening night of the season - to have literally any information about the game, like it usually does. Instead, we got somebody rushing in at 7 in the morning to put in zero effort and post a game thread full of nothing.

At least now we have a Montreal lineup.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Clean sheet, a lot to be excited for, and nothing major to complain about. By the end of the game I expect that to change even after a win. To be determined:
1. How will Murray do?
2. Is Malgin the real deal?
3. Will Matthews be in 1st place in the scoring race after tonight?
4. Who will step up if things get rough?
5. Is Sandin ready and rust free? No spinorama’s tonight please.
6. Will Muzzin survive the game?

Reactions: Puckstuff

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Pre-season is too long, time to get it started.

DROP THE PUCK!!

NHL Game Page

Thats a lot of pylons on D

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Montreals forward line up is actually not too bad. They should be able to score some goals

I’m kinda shocked they went 0-8 in ore season.

Defence is full of rookies but still should have managed to squeeze out a game.

I dont think they’ll be as bad as they were last year

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have you not learned from the past lol. I never say this anymore
I believe what I say has zero impact on the outcome. Tough to see them losing this one though.

Grab a Smoked Meat Sandwich ... so good.
My Sunday hangover breakfast at Ruebens
1665590869576.jpeg

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
What was I thinking predicting an upset? 4 rookies with 14 NHL games total experience. Seriously that's like the Leafs circa 1981 with a defense of Benning, Boimstruck and McGill.
Wow, I still have PTSD from those years. It was insanity then, just as it is now for the Canadiens. Who made the deciision to go with 3 rookies...Imlach, McNamara, or Ballard? Either way, it wasn't another 10 yrs till we recovered from that.

Reactions: justashadowof

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Our offense should feast on their defense.

Very soft lineup tho. Expect that X guy to be taking runs at our guys

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

Was just going to say, watch out for the X guy. He's a punk, injured multiple people in preseason and needs to hit to keep his job. Not a hockey player but more of a cheap shot artist.

• Haha
Reactions: EveryDay

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The only potential pylons on defense are Savard and Wideman. The others can all move. There is a lot of youth on defense that might take a while to gel.
They haven't moved much in the NHL. Big difference skating in the big boys league.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Their forward group ain't bad and could cause some problems. We have to take advantage of their inexperienced defense core.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008

Undrafted. He would have been a great addition to our back end, given his size and toughness. Played right under our noses. I guess we have to wait to see if his game will translate into the NHL.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Was just going to say, watch out for the X guy. He's a punk, injured multiple people in preseason and needs to hit to keep his job. Not a hockey player but more of a cheap shot artist.
Who has he injured so far? Last thing we need is this guy taking cheap shots at us when the game is out of reach.

• Haha
Reactions: Nogatco Rd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad