GDT: Leafs @ Habs - 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Ok fair enough. Next year as always.
Obviously there will be injuries and movement and Robertson not playing early in the season does not mean "next year".

If Malgin starts the year well and Robertson can't get in then this is a good problem to have.

If Malgin starts slowly then we send him down and he probably clears waivers at that point.

More likely, someone gets hurt and we find a way to have them both in the lineup if both are deserving.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I’m curious about that Xkehaj kid- he’s a big boy and he’s mean but how long until he gets overzealous and picks a fight with Ryan Reaves or Tom Wilson and gets fed his lunch? How long until he pulls a Dion and takes himself out of position with a big hit and gets walked?

But then again I also read last year while the OHL was in the off season he was working at Costco. Admirable, work ethic in today's youth is in the toilet, though not like I blame them; you gotta work twice as hard to get half what your parents had, participating in a society that despite all the ‘progress’ is worse and more unfair than ever.

I predict a shredding, maybe 5 or 6-1 but anything is possible.
You are correct. They tend to be a stupid move makers in the end, so many of them. I'm glad and I'm sure you are too, that we have ashton-reese and aube now also. Ashton Reese will be pummeling opposite players down this season. Now that we have made it clear that simmonds is no longer good enough to be up with the club. Others are instead. That Xkehaj guy might get checked down even tonight. We have some players who can handle that. Lets see if we target him. Our own D is not that tought. Only Muzzin can look the part at times, but he is not tough like simmonds, reaves or wilson or like domi.

Not over Aube? I will be fair though, I don't pay attention to him, so maybe I am missing something.
They are only playing him tomorrow. Robertson. He did not make the cut because of money. We all good to go tomorrow night, then he'll be playing and you'll see him playing. We can't see him tonight, but that's an all of us, we can't see him in the lineup, but only tomorrow.

Reactions: Voodoo Child

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Injured 1-2 Sens this year, and put a Senators player out for the year last year in exhibition. Beware, did the same in junior if I recall.

He didn't look like he had the foot speed to keep up with most players, and if I remember correctly, Nylander tossed him on a loose puck battle.

Maybe he is as scary as everyone seems to think he is, but I wasn't impressed or thought he was menacing in any way during the pre-season.

I'm rooting for the kid cause his story is awesome, but I think it is another overhyped player because he is tough.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Was just going to say, watch out for the X guy. He's a punk, injured multiple people in preseason and needs to hit to keep his job. Not a hockey player but more of a cheap shot artist.

Arber Xhekaj is the furthest thing from a punk and is an example of our the Leafs completely missing the boat.

He's a beast and a helluva hockey player.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Arber Xhekaj is the furthest thing from a punk and is an example of our the Leafs completely missing the boat.

He's a beast and a helluva hockey player.

Who do you take out for him? Sandin or Liljegren?

I've already seen this said twice and I don't think he is going to be half the player as either of them.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Who do you take out for him? Sandin or Liljegren?

I've already seen this said twice and I don't think he is going to be half the player as either of them.

that's fine. I was fortunate enough to watch him play about 20 home games last year through the OHL championship.

he's going to make a fine NHL defenseman, and one that would have looked great in Blue and White.

sorry, the second part of your question.

he may not play in the NHL this year. he may have been sent to the Marlies. But for a free pickup, Montreal sure cucked the Leafs on that one.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
that's fine. I was fortunate enough to watch him play about 20 home games last year through the OHL championship.

he's going to make a fine NHL defenseman, and one that would have looked great in Blue and White.

sorry, the second part of your question.

he may not play in the NHL this year. he may have been sent to the Marlies. But for a free pickup, Montreal sure cucked the Leafs on that one.

He is blocked next year too, so he has to be alright with waiting 2 years for a shot. So who do you drop to accommodate him?
Also if he is only maybe playing some of the season with Montreal, I question how good the Canadiens think he is.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Tough building to kick the season off at. You just know the Bell Centre is going to be vibrating for this one. I am expecting another close opening game of the year, similar to last season opener. MTL has the ability to play with pace, and we just have to be careful with the puck in neutral ice. They have the weapons to turn it back in a hurry.

We are clearly the better team all around, but that means absolutely nothing in these types of games. Whoever wants it more is going to take the 2pts. Get through the 1st 10 minutes, take the crowd out of the game, and just play within our structure. Don't get greedy early on.

MTL's defense is nothing to call home about, so if we can force the pucks down low and get them skating hard minutes we should be able to make them crack.

I am excited for the season to begin, and I am excited with the group we have on the ice. I genuinly think we improved over last season.

Prediction:
4-2 Leafs
Marner, Malgin, Nylander, Jarnkrok

GO LEAFS GO!

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Is there a ceremony tonight? I don't want to tune in at 7 just to wait for 30 minutes

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Wow, I still have PTSD from those years. It was insanity then, just as it is now for the Canadiens. Who made the deciision to go with 3 rookies...Imlach, McNamara, or Ballard? Either way, it wasn't another 10 yrs till we recovered from that.
That’s why God created Fantilli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad