Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Give three see where it goes. They have no choice but to not let this kid bend them over.

He still sounds bitter over arbitration, ironic that he says he's learning the business side of Hockey.

Doubt he signs long term regardless of the amount anyway because of it.

He clearly didn't appreciate arbitration, but at the same time there is not real indication that he has bitterness against the team . He has been the most dedicate guy working out with the team. Says all the right things, and it certainly seems he has made no effort to pursue a offer sheet

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
If management has given him their best offer and he still rejects, trade him and send him off on his merry way. 1 person should not be allowed to control team finances and think he is their only option.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
But he is correct he's their only option, right?
Their have to be other options which will not produce his kind of numbers but if he got injured for the season management would have to be creative.

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Do we not all agree that we reasonably would predict Swayman as being a top goaltender in the league for the foreseeable future? Like… if you were to make a prediction, where do you see him for the next five seasons? Top ten at his position? Top five?

I believe most of us would have him there. I believe Sweeney would have him there. I know Swayman believes he’s among the best at his position and will be for some time.

So unless you predict otherwise, why are so many demonizing Swayman for negotiating himself a contract that reflects the expectations? If you hate him for that, then there can’t be many players you like - because that’s what happens in every single contract negotiation.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
One of his first saves in game 1 against Toronto watching it real-time I thought for sure it was going to be a goal (cross-crease to the front of the net) and it turned out to be a spectacular save by Swayman.

He ended up following thru with a really good performance in that series even though it took Pasta to win it in OT Game 7 (I know Ullmark played a game). I do wish Swayman didn't sound the way he did in the podcast he joined a week ago. Just sounded a little entitled to me. But I get it, he wants his payday. Most people would.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
This thread is legit comedy gold. Playoffs he’s the next one, young superstar where there is no limit to what he can do

Now, what? He wants to get paid? Bussi and Korpisalo will be fine it’s a goalie system, guy is not a proven 1, you don’t pay goalies long term etc etc

Is there a special HF payment program from Jacobs where you knock the players and fluff management?
He won a round sure but the next one I'd hold off for now

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If you go the way you talk with the cap growth i thing you are looking at 8 for 12-14 million, especially if he has proven to be the player he was in 2024

If the cap goes up 4 million a year the next 4 years, it will be at 104m. Helly's deal he signed at 29 with two Vezina's was for 9.7% of the cap. Which would be a few thousand dollars over 10m a year. If Swayman gets three Vezina's over the next 4 years to deserve an even bigger contract, I would be thrilled.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
KPD yesterday’s hockey notes in the Globe:

Still waiting on Swayman deal​

As Labor Day approached, all remained quiet regarding the Bruins’ efforts to sign Jeremy Swayman to a contract extension.

Reminder: The CBA-mandated deadline is Dec. 1, at which point, if still unsigned, Swayman would surrender his right to play in the NHL this season. Chance of that: the same as a Manitoba snowball on a South Miami beach.

Nashville was motivated to deal Askarov to the Sharks because the Predators tied up Juuse Saros with an eight-year deal that kicks in October 2025. A proven No. 1, Saros is 29, four years older than Swayman, and has played upward of triple the games (350 to Swayman’s 132).

The pact Saros signed, keeping him in Nashville’s control for nine years, next season will begin paying out at $7.74 million per. The bridge deal that got him there (four years, $20 million) expires next spring.

With neither side talking for the record, or at all, it’s only guesswork if Saros’s salary history offers any guidance as to where Swayman and the Bruins could find a landing spot.

Given that the Bruins have yet to use Swayman as a full-time No. 1, they are looking to ink him to a bridge deal, one of maybe 3-4 years, scaled up from his $3.475 million of last season. The number could be, say, $22 million-$24 million if stretched to four years, at which point he then would eligible to become an unrestricted free agent at age 29.

Per the CBA, the sides could extend to the maximum eight years, which would scale up the AAV, possibly reaching toward Charlie McAvoy’s neighborhood of $9.5 million per year. But if the Saros deal signed this offseason is used as a comp, the Bruins’ max offer could be more in the range of $8 million-$8.5 million AAV.

Bruins veterans are scheduled to report to camp on Sept. 15.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
This thread is legit comedy gold. Playoffs he’s the next one, young superstar where there is no limit to what he can do

Now, what? He wants to get paid? Bussi and Korpisalo will be fine it’s a goalie system, guy is not a proven 1, you don’t pay goalies long term etc etc

Is there a special HF payment program from Jacobs where you knock the players and fluff management?

We have leaked footage of a party which he takes a cat from a chair, places it on the floor and then sighs openly. He then sits on the chair without checking the room only to see a pregnant lady without a chair. He offers the seat and she says she is fine and would rather stand. He continues on comfortable in the chair and says" If you change your mind I will move for you."

What an ogre. What about how the cat feels?
Trade him to Calgary.

Don Sweeney s the guiding light.
Disbelievers shall be rebuked.
Poor chair cat.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
In what world does a 4-year deal make sense for Swayman? (Unless of course it's for crazy money, which wouldn't make any sense for Boston, so that doesn't matter.)

2 (maybe 3) or 8 are the only terms that make sense for Swayman.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
In what world does a 4-year deal make sense for Swayman? (Unless of course it's for crazy money, which wouldn't make any sense for Boston, so that doesn't matter.)

2 (maybe 3) or 8 are the only terms that make sense for Swayman.
4 gets him past the next CBA and gets him another contract before he turns 30. Could make a lot of sense for him.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Who is their other option?
Goalie Bob is going to make one Joonas Korpisalo into Ken Dryden. He will be our rock of Gibraltar.

Sway overplayed his hand. Don’t need an expensive backup to JK, who is on a steal of a deal, I might add.

(On a serious side note, if Korpisalo does not turn out to be an expensive mistake I am ready to eat shit. Hoping to, actually.)

Reactions: EverettMike

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Why would he give up two years of free agency so that he can then end up on the verge of 30 when he'd be looking to really cash in? Two years gets him to a much better spot.
The Bruins aren’t going to give him a two year deal. 4 is probably the shortest the Bruins could be convinced to go. So 2 or 4 is a false choice.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
He won a round sure but the next one I'd hold off for now
Tim Thomas won rounds ,Swayman was good but lets stop this talk as if he stood on his head and even if he did it still wasn't good enough to win a second round.

I still think he will keep it short term to move on from the Bruins as soon as he can.

Reactions: KrejciMVP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad