Friedman: Phil Kessel looking for opportunity to return to NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Phil Kessel, the underrated genius.

Hotdog-jokes were old since day one. People don't know that he was the best of every fitness camp before season, posted better numbers than anyone, even Crosby, who is notorious about his fitness.

Phil is a f***ing phenomenal player, has been underrated his whole life because of his awkwarness.

Phil for life.

Ps. I'm not Phil.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
No you can't but the last time he was in the league he did put up 36 points in a depth role.

Nobody can use that?

Really?

But 38 year old Kulemin who has been out of the league for 6 years gets a PTO?

By the way I'm rooting for Kulemin but it is ridiculous
Kulemin could play on any line when he was in the NHL. Kessel needs minutes, PP time and to be sheltered to be effective. I love the guy, but Kessel is a negative if he's not putting up 20+ goals for you. He's atrocious on defense because he doesn't put any effort in. That being said, if you're a team that's tanking, you don't have much to lose by signing him. He'd likely help the tank job if anything.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Phil Kessel, the underrated genius.

Hotdog-jokes were old since day one. People don't know that he was the best of every fitness camp before season, posted better numbers than anyone, even Crosby, who is notorious about his fitness.

Phil is a f***ing phenomenal player, has been underrated his whole life because of his awkwarness.

Phil for life.

Ps. I'm not Phil.
Long live Phull Vessel!!

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
226155.jpg
He looks like a less athletic looking version of a young Elton John

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Kulemin could play on any line when he was in the NHL. Kessel needs minutes, PP time and to be sheltered to be effective. I love the guy, but Kessel is a negative if he's not putting up 20+ goals for you. He's atrocious on defense because he doesn't put any effort in. That being said, if you're a team that's tanking, you don't have much to lose by signing him. He'd likely help the tank job if anything.

Yea you need a perfect mix. You need a team with a need for offense and help stave off defense for him.

Pp1 / pp2 time as well.

It's an awkward mix for a competitive team.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I feel a gender change and shift over to the “P” May be the move for Phil.

If any player could have the bravery to do this, it's Phil Kessel. To fight against all odds and show his true colorful self would be worthy of the highest respect. I couldn't see any GM turning down a PTO request after witnessing such an amazing display of courage.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
If he gets a contract, I’ll guess it’ll be with one of these 3 teams….

Columbus
Washington
Chicago

Columbus has cap space and could use a veteran with skill to play alongside Monahan.

Washington could help him hit 1000 career points and have a second big milestone celebrated if/when Ovi passes Gretzky’s goals record.

Chicago can use him as an asset. Have Bedard help pad his stats to build up his trade deadline value.

Last edited:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Yea you need a perfect mix. You need a team with a need for offense and help stave off defense for him.

Pp1 / pp2 time as well.

It's an awkward mix for a competitive team.
He's a guy you could give PP time to and look to flip him at the deadline. That's how a GM of a bad team should look at it tbh. Kessel just has to prove he can still skate.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Back to Toronto? Hey if Pacioretty can get a PTO then Kessel can.
I'd welcome him back, as a Leafs fan, with open arms.

I've made this joke before. Kessel is what a normal guy would look like if he found a genie in a bottle.

Wish 1 - beat cancer
Wish 2 - long NHL career with no injuries
Wish 3 - "hmmm, do I want a beautiful family, or to be beautiful myself?"
FyjeH9oaEAAoZfv.jpg:large

Reactions: Voight and Mrfenn92

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I'd welcome him back, as a Leafs fan, with open arms.

I've made this joke before. Kessel is what a normal guy would look like if he found a genie in a bottle.

Wish 1 - beat cancer
Wish 2 - long NHL career with no injuries
Wish 3 - "hmmm, do I want a beautiful family, or to be beautiful myself?"
FyjeH9oaEAAoZfv.jpg:large

I say get Kessel so he can show the Core 4 how to win in the playoffs. 👌

Reactions: banks

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Friedman said he probably going to Columbus
Sorry but it sucks our season has started with trying to garner any excitement in possibly signing Kessel.

Bottom of the barrell again - GMDW is doing what he can but I never thought we would be in this position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad