Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Sidney Crosby to two year extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fordy

May 28, 2008
You're right about that, he won't see the playoffs here for the remainder of that contract!

Not trading him to COL is a mistake, but but season ticket holders!!!!! Well, they can watch him play never to collect a post season point again as it stands now.
we’ll make the playoffs this year

Reactions: wizmet12

PrimumHockeyist

Apr 7, 2018
hockey-stars.ca
Maybe I'm the only one seeing it this way, but I also think the team-friendly price and term keep his own options extremely open. If they continue to slide, he can ask for a trade to the team of his choosing at any point and his contract is extremely palatable for a contender, and reasonably easy to fit under a cap (especially prorated at a deadline).

I think he likes being considered a team-first guy and he continues to secure that legacy. If the Penguins pull off some miracle and turn things around, his contract is helpful from a cap perspective. If they can't stop the bleeding, he has one of the most attractively tradeable rental contracts in the game.
good insight

PrimumHockeyist

Apr 7, 2018
hockey-stars.ca
The weirdest athlete ever? :laugh:

We love you Sid!
Dennis Rodman

I get that Sid cleans up on endorsements in Canada and all but I'd guess he's left $50-70 million on the table over the course of his career by taking what he's taken here. We are really fortunate.
Aside from the pay increases he could have gotten, his wage must have been steadily declining since his first 8.7er. I wonder what the adjusted dollar difference is between this year and the first 8.7

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
A lot of players wait until they're finished and if you know anything about Crosby, like even just surface level shit as a non-Penguins fan, you'd at least know one thing about him - his dedication to the game.

So it makes sense he doesn't want to commit to a family that he wouldn't see often because his career is #1 to him right now, I would wager his final year or two when he's really about to pack it in, he'll get married and the kids thing if he wants it, will come after. Crosby for the years we Pens fans have watched him, has been one of the hardest workers on and off the ice, his dedication to the game borders on the crazy side for how hard he trains, his charities, etc. There's a reason a lot of players say things like it's unfair to their wives and kids to do this or that and that it's time to be a Dad and Husband for a while, the travel, training, etc...it's a lot for someone to do alone while their partner is off half the year playing and training.
Fine as a man. But it becomes much harder to have children for a 40+ year old woman.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I don't like these kinds of posts, period.
It's 1 thing to speculate on injuries and such, but even if Sid were gay who really gives a flying f***? Dude is 1 of the best ever and I don't care what is sexuality is or if he makes loves to couches in his spare time.
Sid being gay would break the internet. Dont kid yourself

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
While this is true, it's also possible he and Kathy don't want kids. IIRC, Kathy is a model, believe she's been very career focused, just like Sid.

Reminds me of Paul Kariya and his longtime partner Valerie Dawson, who is also a model. They've lived a quiet, private life and don't have kids.
Sid is one of the most career focused players in sports. There's no one even remotely close to how dedicated he is to his craft and how serious he takes it. It's normal for someone like him to decide on that part of his life when he feels like he can give it the respect it deserves with attention.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
And people wonder why there are those who take most of this board's opinions seriously.

If Sid gets married and has kids, it's even MORE evidence he's gay, and is just doing that to keep up appearances,

Am I doing this right? (members of congress notwithstanding).
If Kathy was Sid's beard, his house would look like this.

asjv2lqj48161.jpg

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Sid is never going to ask to be moved to a contender so he can ride their coattails to another Cup. It is not happening and I don't understand why so many people like to float it as a possibility. He wants to spend his entire career with the Penguins. I don't think he could have made this more obvious.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I do think he will evaluate after this extension is done but I also think there is a very real possibility this contract will end it for him unless we pull off a miracle and somehow have a good team in 3 years. He’s won all there is to win. Money has obviously never really motivated him.

For all the talk that he’s a hockey robot, I just don’t see him wanting to be 43 years old and playing with whatever version of Lasse Pirjeta and Jon Sim we have at that point. The franchise also won’t need him to survive like we did with Mario at that point in his career.
Hopefully it won't be that bad lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's just friendly banter so no need to read too much into it, but I just saw this:

It's interesting to me because I think Letang fully intends on playing out his 6 year deal, which is wild to me.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Not a whole lot tops "speculating on an athlete's sexuality while worrying about them having kids" in terms of being absolutely embarrassing and cringe. :laugh: f***in' weird, loser behavior.
Sidney Crosby = Secretariat theory confirmed.

It's just friendly banter so no need to read too much into it, but I just saw this:

It's interesting to me because I think Letang fully intends on playing out his 6 year deal, which is wild to me.

It makes sense because Letang is mentally and legally on par with a below-average golden retriever in the brains department.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Not a whole lot tops "speculating on an athlete's sexuality while worrying about them having kids" in terms of being absolutely embarrassing and cringe. :laugh: f***in' weird, loser behavior.
I think this takes the cake but may I propose "bitter Leafs fans making everything about Kyle Dubas" as a close second?

Exhibit 1A)

Still miss playoffs. Dubas delays rebuild for what?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Still miss playoffs. Dubas delays rebuild for what?

What's the rush to dispose of one of the best players in the history of the sport? We're gonna watch Crosby and Malkin for a few more seasons, then the team will be dismantled and we'll hope for another successful rebuild.

If the Leafs ever had players like that, they'd do the same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad