Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Korpisalo and Bussi unless you also get a goalie back as part of the trade. If his demands are way too high I’m fine moving him. Obviously not ideal but better than overpaying. This is why it should have been done way earlier

They're not a playoff team with those two goalies.

The Bruins aren’t going to give him a two year deal. 4 is probably the shortest the Bruins could be convinced to go. So 2 or 4 is a false choice.

Why would he agree to four? I know why the Bruins would love that, but that's exactly why Swayman wouldn't.

2/3 or 8 is what makes sense for him.

Reactions: lopey

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They're not a playoff team with those two goalies.

Why would he agree to four? I know why the Bruins would love that, but that's exactly why Swayman wouldn't.

2/3 or 8 is what makes sense for him.
Well, if he’s not getting 2 or 3 and doesn’t want max then 4 is the best option. No GM would give 2 or 3. I still think they end up at 8 years eventually. But Sway isn’t going to get 3 or especially 2 years. That would be a fireable offense.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
I love Swayman but to be honest, a Bussi / Korpisalo tandem doesn't scare me in the slightest.

Korpisalo is better than how he played behind a putrid Ottawa defense. Bussi is a ~.920 G in a good AHL sample size, maybe this is his opportunity.

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I love Swayman but to be honest, a Bussi / Korpisalo tandem doesn't scare me in the slightest.

Korpisalo is better than how he played behind a putrid Ottawa defense. Bussi is a ~.920 G in a good AHL sample size, maybe this is his opportunity.
If Bussi ,Korpisalo don't scare you then you are past a point of no return. Swayman will be signing don't worry.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
haven't paid much attention to this all summer, but imagine it'll get settled pretty soon.
didn't love them moving ullmark and handing swayman all that leverage, but the timing of
the draft and teams desperately trying to get a goalie dictated how it went down.

will be interesting to see how he performs this year after getting a massive pay raise.
it's a different kind of pressure when you are making star level cash. not to say he can't
handle it, but we don't know that yet.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Both of those players proved themselves, Sway has not .

Regular season:
132 games /.919 sv% / 2.34 GAA

Playoffs
20 games / .922 sv% / 2.38 GAA

Out of McAvoy, Pasta and Swayman. Swayman was the only one to make an all star team before they got paid.

Swayman was the best player on the ice for the bruins in the playoffs this past season.

I think he’s proved plenty.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This is an interesting point of view and has some real merit. I would throw money at Swayman to a point, but we've also all seen well-built teams have great success with average goaltending. If we consider the range of ability of the NHL starter level goalie, some are better than others, but they are all good at what they do. Does a Cup contending team still contend with a Korpisalo over a Swayman? Or whatever examples you pick. I am inclined to agree with you most of the way here, though I do think Swayman coming in between 7 and 8 with some term is not overspending on the position.

Not even close. A contender with Korpisalo in net makes you the Leafs

Reactions: lopey

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
This is an interesting point of view and has some real merit. I would throw money at Swayman to a point, but we've also all seen well-built teams have great success with average goaltending. If we consider the range of ability of the NHL starter level goalie, some are better than others, but they are all good at what they do. Does a Cup contending team still contend with a Korpisalo over a Swayman? Or whatever examples you pick. I am inclined to agree with you most of the way here, though I do think Swayman coming in between 7 and 8 with some term is not overspending on the position.

It’s not only going from korpisalo to swayman, but going from swayman/Ullmark to korpisalo/bussi.

You go from the league best goaltender pairing to arguably the worst.

Bruins went to OT an insane amount of time last year. They were operating on thin margins to begin with. Going from swayman/Ullmark to korpisalo/bussi could be a disaster

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don't know if Korpi is as awful as you all think he is. Regardless, I don't really believe that is what we will see- Swayman will sign. The response was more about not overpaying for goalies. I agree with @RoccoF14 's overall point, but I also think that I would go higher for Swayman than he would and not think it was an overpay.

It’s not only going from korpisalo to swayman, but going from swayman/Ullmark to korpisalo/bussi.

You go from the league best goaltender pairing to arguably the worst.

Bruins went to OT an insane amount of time last year. They were operating on thin margins to begin with. Going from swayman/Ullmark to korpisalo/bussi could be a disaster

I think the team on the skater side is better this year, so the number of OT situations should be reduced. But, this is all summer speculation. I am excited to see if the team is as good as I believe they will be. If not, I've been a fan long enough that I am used to disappointment :D

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
We have leaked footage of a party which he takes a cat from a chair, places it on the floor and then sighs openly. He then sits on the chair without checking the room only to see a pregnant lady without a chair. He offers the seat and she says she is fine and would rather stand. He continues on comfortable in the chair and says" If you change your mind I will move for you."

What an ogre. What about how the cat feels?
Trade him to Calgary.

Don Sweeney s the guiding light.
Disbelievers shall be rebuked.
Poor chair cat.
trade for Weegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad