Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
No way he signs a one year deal.
I would expect he wouldn't. But as training camp rolls into the season and he sits, it becomes a closer reality.
I don't expect either side to budge. He isn't worth 9-10Mx any number of years. Not with Hellybuck making less and Shersterkin about to break the bank.
Young Sway still has a lot to prove IMHO. Use Raycroft as a prime example. His career took a node dive rather quickly after the league figure him out. Dafoe was never the same after his holdout led to a hamstring issue that continued to nag him till he retired.
He is gambling as much as they are.
What is he takes a nose dive like he did after the AS game? He will no longer have the convenience of another AS goalie to take the load off. Not to mention, oh the Boston media, grrrrrrr!

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
They're not a playoff team with those two goalies.

Why would he agree to four? I know why the Bruins would love that, but that's exactly why Swayman wouldn't.

2/3 or 8 is what makes sense for him.
Possibly not. But they could be.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
This morning on chiclets Ryan Whitney said according to his sources that the most recent offer from the Bruins was 4 years at $6.2m AAV whereas Swaymans camp is looking for the same contract as McAvoy and not only that but also that the Bruins haven't responded to counter offers from Swaymans camp in about 3 weeks.

I'm not panicking but them supposedly still being almost 3 mil and term apart this close to camp makes me not feel good. :help:

• Wow
Reactions: lopey

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This morning on chiclets Ryan Whitney said according to his sources that the most recent offer from the Bruins was 4 years at $6.2m AAV whereas Swaymans camp is looking for the same contract as McAvoy and not only that but also that the Bruins haven't responded to counter offers from Swaymans camp in about 3 weeks.

I'm not panicking but them supposedly still being almost 3 mil and term apart this close to camp makes me not feel good. :help:

I put as much stock into that report as I do the "$10 million" one, but wow that would be a truly insulting offer

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Love how much people care about making sure players are underpaid.
I get what you're saying, truly. Though, at the end of the day the success of the Bruins is more important to me than the success of one singular player. I don't begrudge players for trying to maximize their income either.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
To me, this is all on Swayman's agent. He was a dick with Krug's and Nylander's negotiations and now he's doing it again. To bad Donny does has the balls to tell Swayman this is our final offer. Take it or risk sitting out for the next 2 maybe 3 years.
There are honest negotiations and there are toxic negotiations. You've described the toxic.

Hopefully Sweeney and the Swayman camp are engaged in the honest version.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Well I don’t believe this to be true, but if it is thats not his fault, that’s on the organization.

Everyone was so happy about the goalie tandem and the hugs. Yet come contract time, swayman wants to be paid like the all star that he is. Yet they platooned their future goaltender with a goalie who wasn’t in their future plans.

Now they put themselves in a situation where they either have to pay Swayman to be a top 5ish goalie or run the risk of letting him walk. All without knowing if he can “handle the load”

Poor organizational planning.
Does not matter what you believe, he just has not proven that he cannot handle the load, also he should feel fortunate, that was given the opportunity to play has much as he has, they were paying a goaltender 5 mil a year, and it was not like he sucked, many teams might have just gone with the veteran. no he cannot walk, he can sit though.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Love how much people care about making sure players are underpaid.
I don't know where you get that information, I for one am usually favor the player but there are exceptions. I also like a team that has depth and flexibility to make moves to fill holes when needed.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
If the B's want 6.25M and Sway's team wants Chucky's 9.5M/yr, boys meet in the middle for crying out loud 7.875M/year for 3 or 4, He still gets an incredible pay day after that based on how he sees himself progressing. I would not give him the 7-8 years until he proves he's a work horse.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Does not matter what you believe, he just has not proven that he cannot handle the load, also he should feel fortunate, that was given the opportunity to play has much as he has, they were paying a goaltender 5 mil a year, and it was not like he sucked, many teams might have just gone with the veteran. no he cannot walk, he can sit though.

He can play out this season and walk at the end of the year.

Ullmark is fortunate the team stuck with him after two complete disaster post seasons.

For all the swayman may not be able to handle the work load fodder he played 56 games last year including postseason and showed zero signs of slowing down.

You pay him this offseason or likely lose him next offseason.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Perhaps we let the wrong guy go.:confused:

Swayman is not a an 8 mil guy. Anything over is ridiculous.
Does he want to play hockey or jerk his chain over a half a mil or so?

Least we're not the leafs quite yet, paying 4 bozos over 1/2 the cap (who disappear in the playoffs)then running around bargain shopping to fill their roster.
Pacioretty is there no target:laugh:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He can play out this season and walk at the end of the year.

Ullmark is fortunate the team stuck with him after two complete disaster post seasons.

For all the swayman may not be able to handle the work load fodder he played 56 games last year including postseason and showed zero signs of slowing down.

You pay him this offseason or likely lose him next offseason.
Per Puckpedia, Swayman's UFA year is 2026.

Reactions: lopey

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
I believe the rumored 4yr x $6.2M deal the Bruins are offering. It's around what goalies with 2 RFA years left have got on 4-5 year deals, like Demko and Shesterkin, with a bit of a cap inflation.

I think they'd go up from that number a bit on a 4 year deal, but not much if at all over $7M.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think Swayman's comparables are Hellelbuyck and Sorokin.

I don't think Swayman is at prime Price level, $10.5M cap hit, or should get Bobrovsky's $10M cap hit. Bobrovsky has multiple Vezina's, multiple Stanley Cup appearances, and a Stanley Cup under his belt. Vasilevskiy at $9.5M has won a Vezina, a Conn Smythe, and won multiple Stanley Cups.

Hellelbuyck ($8.5M) has a few Vezina's under his belt, but I think with the cap increase, 2-3 years at $7-8.5M makes sense for both Swayman and the Bruins. Swayman gets paid and can opt to go to free agency if he wants after the deal. He'll definitely be getting $10M+ on his next deal with the Bruins or not. Bruins buy 2-3 years of having a clear cut #1G and can have the Rangers dictate the goalie market with Shesterkin. It buys the Bruins 2-3 more years of developing their goalies too in case Swayman outprices himself out of Boston.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think Swayman's comparables are Hellelbuyck and Sorokin.

I don't think Swayman is at prime Price level, $10.5M cap hit, or should get Bobrovsky's $10M cap hit. Bobrovsky has multiple Vezina's, multiple Stanley Cup appearances, and a Stanley Cup under his belt. Vasilevskiy at $9.5M has won a Vezina, a Conn Smythe, and won multiple Stanley Cups.

Hellelbuyck ($8.5M) has a few Vezina's under his belt, but I think with the cap increase, 2-3 years at $7-8.5M makes sense for both Swayman and the Bruins. Swayman gets paid and can opt to go to free agency if he wants after the deal. He'll definitely be getting $10M+ on his next deal with the Bruins or not. Bruins buy 2-3 years of having a clear cut #1G and can have the Rangers dictate the goalie market with Shesterkin. It buys the Bruins 2-3 more years of developing their goalies too in case Swayman outprices himself out of Boston.
If the Bruins are going for a two year deal they may as well just let him sign the QO and go to arbitration next year. Why pay a premium to have him walk to UFA? Three years really not much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad