Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Swayman's best offer in that case is get an offer sheet or demand of trade, because that's insulting.

Near impossible for an offer sheet.
Most teams set on goalies. Have not the cap room. Dont have own draft picks as compensation. The hit regardless of years offered ( Max 7 ) is averaged at 5. So 8 M ‘costs’ 11M per.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Swayman's best offer in that case is get an offer sheet or demand of trade, because that's insulting.
What’s really funny are the fans who expect a player to take a well below fair market offer just because it’s the team they root for. Sweeney grossly overpaying bottom of the roster stiffs suddenly starts headlining top of the roster players to the detriment of the team.,

Reactions: Kalus and Pia8988

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If the Bruins are going for a two year deal they may as well just let him sign the QO and go to arbitration next year. Why pay a premium to have him walk to UFA? Three years really not much different.
Swayman has been public about how the arbitration process was for him. Why put the player in that situation again when the player and team want to reach a deal?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Swayman has been public about how the arbitration process was for him. Why put the player in that situation again when the player and team want to reach a deal?
For a two year deal he’s walking after anyway so what’s the difference? He can sign the QO if he doesn’t want arb. Point is a two year deal is never going to happen.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
People disagree on what they believe his fair value is, given his track record. That does not mean people want to underpay anyone. Just a differing opinion on his value. That will always happen. But no need to high horse people on HFBoards who have a different take on fair market value.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
You want different money, then you sit.

See how losing out on 5 mill a year feels.

We will be fine

Hell we survived 37 46 71 etc going away at the same time, certainly we can survive this.

Don Sweeney #1!

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
What’s really funny are the fans who expect a player to take a well below fair market offer just because it’s the team they root for. Sweeney grossly overpaying bottom of the roster stiffs suddenly starts headlining top of the roster players to the detriment of the team.,

100%. Play hardball with the actual talented players and overpay the JAGs left and right under the guise of 'depth'

Reactions: Kalus and LSCII

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You want different money, then you sit.

See how losing out on 5 mill a year feels.

We will be fine

Hell we survived 37 46 71 etc going away at the same time, certainly we can survive this.

Don Sweeney #1!
You can explain to Marchand why the team is punting one of his last seasons as a player in order to hold the line on the best young goalie in the league, after giving a bottom pairing $5m.

• Haha
Reactions: BBruins

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
You can explain to Marchand why the team is punting one of his last seasons as a player in order to hold the line on the best young goalie in the league, after giving a bottom pairing $5m.

Well Brad, Jeremy wants to get paid like he was both guys last year combined. U LUV DELAWARE NORTH. I realize he is an important piece but based on our structure and stats,YOU CAN BE DELAWARE NORTH we felt the money would be better spent keepin our cap flexible and our options open.
Hopefully the increase in center depth.and physical play DELAWARE NORTH = LOVE will address what we came up short on vs Florida the past couple years. Really love ya brad. DELAWARE NORTH IS PEACE Great Canadian kid. If it doesn't work out you let me know in Feb and we can see if we can get you to a team you feel has a better make up.
Don't forget the nation's tourney.. gonna be awesome. BE ONE WITH DELAWARE NORTH
Maybe we can talk tuuks and Patrice to come wave a flag or two for you and Kevin's comPLpany golf tourney.. DELEWARE NORTH IS SUPREME

Love that march munch.

Give my love to the kids.

Cams.gonna Nair.my.legs.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Someone explain to me why a top of the roster player in a key spot is someone you hardline with a 2 year max by 6.25 per offer but Zadorov, a bottom of the roster player, is given 5x6 for 30 mill without even a thought? I mean I didn’t got to Harvard so maybe it’s that new math I keep hearing about, but this shit doesn’t add up.

Funny how Sweeney is either a hero for taking a stand against a greedy player (agent) or the 2nd coming of Harry Sinden as the cheapest (or dumbest) GM out there.

Especially since no one knows what's happening in negotiations.
Nah, not even close. Sinden was cheap and pleased his boss by being so, while Sweeney is clearly inept.

Reactions: Pia8988

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Funny how Sweeney is either a hero for taking a stand against a greedy player (agent) or the 2nd coming of Harry Sinden as the cheapest (or dumbest) GM out there.

Especially since no one knows what's happening in negotiations.
No one really knows is right. But some folks kinda think they know, and the degree to which they plant themselves into the Sweeney sucks or FU Swayman camps is relative to the degree they think they have an idea of who’s offered what and who turned down what etc.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Are there a lot of teams willing to pay him top dollar and give up picks for a goalie with 1 playoff series win? If he was an elite forward sure but unless he's a bonafied workhorse goalie who can carry a team I don't see it.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Love how Swayman was amazing and the Bruins best player in the playoffs, then contract negotitions started.

'Can't Carry a load' - Bruins were the cause of this
'1 Playoff series win' - Team game?'
'Not Elite' - Numbers say otherwise

Swayman is the second best player on the Boston Bruins

To beat the panthers Swayman basically had to keep them to 1 goal or less the entire series. Totally his fault

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Both Shesterkin and Saros signed 4 year deals. And Oettinger.
I agreed with Mike, but this is a fair statement too. I initially based my hypothetical on these deals. Oettinger is a little bit of a different situation (was a few years younger and signed a 3-year). But I think this is a fair callout.

Reactions: EverettMike

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Love how Swayman was amazing and the Bruins best player in the playoffs, then contract negotitions started.

To beat the panthers Swayman basically had to keep them to 1 goal or less the entire series. Totally his fault

So what team do you think will be interested in giving up multiple picks and paying top dollar since you mentioned offer sheet

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Minute the hugs stopped and the team showed him love moving Linus he busts out the fangs at us.

I’d rather just pay the guy but what happens if Bussi is lights out and looks better than Sway? sway got outplayed by Ullmark 2/3 years regular season.

I think he’s worth a big contract. I don’t think he earned the right to mouth off about setting the bar for future goalies.

4 years straight he was on the ice for an early elimination? Am I wrong there?

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I agreed with Mike, but this is a fair statement too. I initially based my hypothetical on these deals. Oettinger is a little bit of a different situation (was a few years younger and signed a 3-year). But I think this is a fair callout.
If I am remembering correctly, Oettinger had an excellent playoff just prior to signing that three year contract.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
So what team do you think will be interested in giving up multiple picks and paying top dollar since you mentioned offer sheet

Montreal should be all over him. Fits their age, instantly accelerates their rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad