Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think they would match. Besides there are very limited teams that have the money, their own picks and are without a number one goalie. Its like 3 to 5. I cant remember the exact number.
It also takes two to tango. Of those 3 to 5, how many would Swayman likely want to play for?

The threat of an offer sheet here feels extremely low.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I think they would match. Besides there are very limited teams that have the money, their own picks and are without a number one goalie. Its like 3 to 5. I cant remember the exact number.

3 to 5 sounds like a lot to me!

Also, if this drags into the season, any team that suffers a major injury early could also suddenly be a potential place to give him an offer sheet.

Even if it's still unlikely, it's still a threat to account for, which gives him a little more leverage.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
That’s right. If we take a step back and think of very recent deals:

1. They took on $3M for FOUR MORE years for a 30 year old backup who had the worst performance of any starter last season in a deal so bad for the Bruins that national media continues to laugh about it.

2. $2.75M for the #6 dman and $5M for the #5 dman with a term bringing him well into his regression years for a near $8M 3rd pair

3. Way over market value for the new #2C, with most of those years in full regression years.

All while knowing your youngish in-his-prime #1 needs a new deal. All these overpays accumulate to cap hell. We have seen this scenario since the cap was introduced in 2005.

I have been saying for months that Swayman will get $9M if the deal is over 5 years. I still think that is where this ends up.
I hope the Bruins can sleep at night knowing the national media is laughing at them. What a crock of ****

And who gives a hoot.

Bruins are and have been a top notch operation that's the envy of many teams in the league.

Posters crying over what they are paying other roster players but want to pay an unproven one round win goalie 9m for multiple years is pure gold.

He is not getting 9m, If that's the hill he will die on then trade him today, see ya

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
3 to 5 sounds like a lot to me!

Also, if this drags into the season, any team that suffers a major injury early could also suddenly be a potential place to give him an offer sheet.

Even if it's still unlikely, it's still a threat to account for, which gives him a little more leverage.

Im not worried.
Again the lack of own picks is a factor coupled with the Bruins ability to match.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I hope the Bruins can sleep at night knowing the national media is laughing at them. What a crock of ****

And who gives a hoot.

Bruins are and have been a top notch operation that's the envy of many teams in the league.

Posters crying over what they are paying other roster players but want to pay an unproven one round win goalie 9m for multiple years is pure gold.

He is not getting 9m, If that's the hill he will die on then trade him today, see ya

If the guy was showing signs up bring Hasek or Roy sure but 9 mill a year bc he won a round against Toronto? Vasi and Borbovsky showed they are big money goalies. Swayman could get there but he needs go prove more.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Regular season? Ullmark's was better by the numbers and the eye test.

1725460385859.png

Thomas played more games, had the same SV% and had nearly 5x as many shutouts

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Regular season? Ullmark's was better by the numbers and the eye test.

They had the same sv%, .938. Also Ullmark's battery mate was 5th in sv% in basically the same # of games as Ullmark that year kind of defeating the "it was Ullmark doing it" argument.

Thomas had slightly more separation from 2nd/5th/10th and separated against a better group of goalies than Ullmark did. Also, playoffs count as part of a season.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
View attachment 904983

Thomas played more games, had the same SV% and had nearly 5x as many shutouts

That is a big factor in Ullmark's favor.

To have a 1.89 goals against with only 2 shutouts means he had virtually no bad games.

Thomas had an 8-6 win over Montreal, a 7-5 win against Calgary, a 7-6 loss to Buffalo, etc.

Ullmark 40-6-1
Thomas 35-11-9

They had the same sv%, .938. Also Ullmark's battery mate was 5th in sv% in basically the same # of games as Ullmark that year kind of defeating the "it was Ullmark doing it" argument.

Thomas had slightly more separation from 2nd/5th/10th and separated against a better group of goalies than Ullmark did. Also, playoffs count as part of a season.

A Vezina season. Regular season. That's what i was talking about. Obviously, Thomas full season (counting playoffs) was the best.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That is a big factor in Ullmark's favor.

To have a 1.89 goals against with only 2 shutouts means he had virtually no bad games.

Thomas had an 8-6 win over Montreal, a 7-5 win against Calgary, a 7-6 loss to Buffalo, etc.

Ullmark 40-6-1
Thomas 35-11-9

A Vezina season. Regular season. That's what i was talking about. Obviously, Thomas full season (counting playoffs) was the best.
No, it means he had better team defense in front of him. Save% is the only valid individual stat for a goalie, imo

Reactions: Grimey

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
No, it means he had better team defense in front of him. Save% is the only valid individual stat for a goalie, imo

Not at all.

Especially on a team that's system stresses clogging the middle and encouraging bad angel shots.

Also benefits a goalie like Thomas, who wasn't known for his rebound control.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Did I just hear right ..... Swayman asking for 10 million? lol. Tell me I didn't hear that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad