Speculation: Another year of this Bluc **** (The 2024-25 season thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Of course they kept Lewis, it's more important to say and have Lewis play his 1000th game as a King than giving a legit shot or even risk losing a young player to waivers.
He deserves it and he brings leadership, work ethic and PK.

We lost some PK guys already from good units.
Don't forget about Fagemo.

At this rate, the Kings will have extra forwards - Fagemo and Kayilev and two extra D in Burroughs and Englund.

I have to imagine one of those four will be traded or waived.

That's why I think sending Clarke down makes sense to give coaches time to evaluate and Blake time to make trades.

I know its been said Clarke is ticketed for the NHL but that does not necessarily mean right out of camp.

They burned Laferrierre's eligibility or I would say the same for him.

He slumped and they should have set him down, looking forward to this seasons waiver jam.

I would try to sneak guys down on waivers as early as possible, letting them know they will be back after Blake adjusts roster.

Boom!

This kind of talk is much better than negative and trying to be funny rehash of the same things we hear to infinity and beyond!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
We have random shit like neurolink and some random ass shit about colonizing Mars but we can’t repair shoulders and do knee surgeries correctly. Weep for humanity.
Not true. All you need is $6 million.

Well that's $42,540,000 today adjusted for inflation. Where's that ad for gold and silver?

Tell Dools to unban me it's a new season!

Let bygones be bygones!

Thanks!
Meet the new season. Same as last season.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
IMO that Englund is traded or picked up on waivers. Loved the way he played last year. He was tied for the league lead in fights, only makes 1 million and will be a UFA.

Burroughs makes a bit more, is a better player and his deal has two years. He can also play both sides. I have the feeling the Kings will want to keep him with that versatility.

I don't see the Kings losing Kayilev for nothing, so he will stay also unless he is traded.

Could Fagemo be waived again? Possibly? But why risk. Better to have two extra forwards than one extra D.

Kings can afford to lose a D with Jones and Moverare in the AHL also.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
IMO that Englund is traded or picked up on waivers. Loved the way he played last year. He was tied for the league lead in fights, only makes 1 million and will be a UFA.

Burroughs makes a bit more, is a better player and his deal has two years. He can also play both sides. I have the feeling the Kings will want to keep him with that versatility.

I don't see the Kings losing Kayilev for nothing, so he will stay also unless he is traded.

Could Fagemo be waived again? Possibly? But why risk. Better to have two extra forwards than one extra D.

No one wants Englund on an NHL roster with a 1 way deal for next year. Turns out the guy who is forced to eat the poison pill is Rob Blake. Funny how that happens. Guess he forgot that Andreas is 29 years old and no sane person is thinking about putting in a waiver claim at $1M / season.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
No one wants Englund on an NHL roster with a 1 way deal for next year. Turns out the guy who is forced to eat the poison pill is Rob Blake. Funny how that happens. Guess he forgot that Andreas is 29 years old and no sane person is thinking about putting in a waiver claim at $1M / season.

That's great to have him in Ontario as a n injury call up

For once I hope you are right!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

I agree Englund is odd man out but I personally think he clears waivers. I agree Burroughs is a better option in all regards and will likely play a bit. I think Burroughs will be better than most people expect and now I’ve done my homework I like that trade.

If Kaliyev is truly getting a clean slate, I hope both parties fully live up to that and make the most of it. Both sides have nothing to lose and everything to gain at this point.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I am confident that Englund would be claimed. With Edmundson highly unlikely to play more than 60 games you need cover on the left side.

The battle is whether you keep the diet Gavrikov in Moverare, the diet Edmundson in Englund, or the diet NHLer in Jones.

Carrying 8 defensemen is the wisest choice here, and Burroughs should be safe.

Reactions: johnjm22

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Those lines hahaha
Laferriere Kopitar Kempe
Fiala Byfield Foegele
Jeannot Danault Moore

so mcuh for supporting the kids eh
Kaliyev Thomas Lewis playing for last place
Turcotte and Fagemo on the AHL #1 line

Also seemst o confirm the defense we're all looking at though with Anderson Doughty / Gavrikov Spence / Edmundson Clarke

Wild Card race solidified baybee, just trade Turcotte Thomas Kaliyev and Fagemo for more 30 year olds and get it over with.

This is going to be a bottom 10 NHL offense.

Last edited:

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Those lines hahaha
Laferriere Kopitar Kempe
Fiala Byfield Foegele
Jeannot Danault Moore

so mcuh for supporting the kids eh
Kaliyev Thomas Lewis playing for last place
Turcotte and Fagemo on the AHL #1 line

Also seemst o confirm the defense we're all looking at though with Anderson Doughty / Gavrikov Spence / Edmundson Clarke

Wild Card race solidified baybee, just trade Turcotte Thomas Kaliyev and Fagemo for more 30 year olds and get it over with.

This is going to be a bottom 10 NHL offense.
They are not the opening night lines though, it’s a start for camp.. We know there are guys competing for spots so putting them on similar level lines with each other makes for a more even comparison. If you were to put Thomas alongside Kopitar for example that potentially gives him a leg up heading into camp. Thats IF you really want to read anything into it.

I don’t think it is much other than indicating seniority and where the competition in training camp lies. Knowing Hiller it’ll be in the mixer by the middle of the day anyway. Hey, it may well work out how you describe but we will see. I’m certainly not bothered at this point as it is pretty much what I’d expect. If we’re the last preseason game I’d feel differently.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

bland

Jul 1, 2004
They are not the opening night lines though, it’s a start for camp.. We know there are guys competing for spots so putting them on similar level lines with each other makes for a more even comparison. If you were to put Thomas alongside Kopitar for example that potentially gives him a leg up heading into camp. Thats IF you really want to read anything into it.

I don’t think it is much other than indicating seniority and where the competition in training camp lies. Knowing Hiller it’ll be in the mixer by the middle of the day anyway. Hey, it may well work out how you describe but we will see. I’m certainly not bothered at this point as it is pretty much what I’d expect. If we’re the last preseason game I’d feel differently.
Their opening training camp lines have mirrored their intended NHL lines for the last couple of years if memory holds true.

And Laferriere and Byfield ARE kids in the top 6. The real beef here is Jeannot with Danault instead of using that spot for Thomas/Fagemo/Kaliyev. Laferriere's game is well suited for Kopitar, no shame in seeing him get that opportunity. Foegle was a "we are at the store with a handful of cash, might as well buy something" signing and is the only real blockade for a kid on the roster. But he's serviceable, and if he helps Byfield develop as an attacking center by stretching the coverages in transition, that is a perfectly acceptable bridge deal.

Re-signing Kopitar and retaining Danault over the summer. pretty much locked Turcotte into that 4c spot, so that isn't surprising.

The only real change I would like to see would be Jeannot-Turcotte-Lewis/Kaliyev/Fagemo with Thomas up with Danault and Moore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad