2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We all know Sammy doesn't go full bully unless it's a guy he can look straight in the eyes without the use of a footstool.
But let's be honest about it. Sammy isn't completely against pulling out the footstool and giving a taller guy a can of whoopass either. Just hasn't happened yet. Hell, it took a lockout for Danny Hinote to finally go toe-to-toe with big Z. G's time's a coming. He's going to get the recognition for power and perseverance he so richly deserves.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I thought back then (and was not the only one) that Montreal will come to regret not picking him up so much in the future. Now, they do have some pretty good young forwards and if Laine bounces back who knows. But some of you might not remember that at one point Michkov was actually perceived better than Connor Bedard. He was that f***ing good. If he can return to that same sphere...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I thought back then (and was not the only one) that Montreal will come to regret not picking him up so much in the future. Now, they do have some pretty good young forwards and if Laine bounces back who knows. But some of you might not remember that at one point Michkov was actually perceived better than Connor Bedard. He was that f***ing good. If he can return to that same sphere...
He was never perceived better than Bedard.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He was never perceived better than Bedard.
False. They were in the same tier before their draft season and the war in Ukraine which prevented Michkov from participating at the WJC and getting proper NHL scouting. Some experts had Michkov ahead of Bedard, including Pronman who later said that Michkov is the best draft-eligible prospect in the offensive zone he has ever seen.

Reactions: Chiarelli and LOFIN

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
@henchman21 said that Michkov informed 2 teams in the top 6 that he'd not go there. We know that Arizona was one of them, we don't know who is the other one. Could be Columbus or Montreal.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
False. They were in the same tier before their draft season and the war in Ukraine which prevented Michkov from participating at the WJC and getting proper NHL scouting. Some experts had Michkov ahead of Bedard, including Pronman who later said that Michkov is the best draft-eligible prospect in the offensive zone he has ever seen.
Yes and no. You make it sound like the war in Ukraine dropped his stock. While it probably did, he simply wasn't as impressive in the years leading up to the draft. The last time he was probably on par with Bedard was in 2021

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
I don't recall the Mishkov hype ever getting to the point where he was on par with Bedard. I do recall however that it got to the point where it was putting him in a tier above everyone else, other than Bedard, with some comments about him "closing the gap", "not being as far back of we thought", etc... But always portraying Bedard has the undisputed #1 regardless.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't recall the Mishkov hype ever getting to the point where he was on par with Bedard. I do recall however that it got to the point where it was putting him in a tier above everyone else, other than Bedard, with some comments about him "closing the gap", "not being as far back of we thought", etc... But always portraying Bedard has the undisputed #1 regardless.
We are talking years ago, when these kids were like 14 to 15 year old. It was always Bedard as the undisputed #1 when the draft was closing in.

But the point is, this kid was seen as a special player a long time ago. And he might be the Ovechkin to Crosby (Bedard) of this generation.

Reactions: GoNordiquesGo

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
When is Utah supposed to pin down a name? If they make the playoffs, the networks aren’t really going to be forced to refer to them as “hockey club” are they?

Deadsy

May 8, 2021
When is Utah supposed to pin down a name? If they make the playoffs, the networks aren’t really going to be forced to refer to them as “hockey club” are they?

I don't think they have told when they will reveal the name. This season they will be "Utah Hockey Club". I would imagine everyone will call them just "Utah".

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yep, they're going the whole season as Utah Hockey Club. Not a big deal they'll just refer to them as "Utah."

I imagine the team name will be announced at some point during the season to garner interest. But we won't see uniforms until summer 2025 at the earliest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad