Post-Game Talk: Hellecrook steals one from the Sharks 3-2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Paul Maurice quote: “Jack Roslovic created that goal, and he needed to, because he was SO bad through two and a half periods”.

What? What? Are you serious PoMo? Calling out one of the only players actually creating anything offensively on the ice for you?
I was shocked by that comment-just horrible. If anything, he should have called out Scheif.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Paul Maurice quote: “Jack Roslovic created that goal, and he needed to, because he was SO bad through two and a half periods”.

What? What? Are you serious PoMo? Calling out one of the only players actually creating anything offensively on the ice for you?

That is borderline infuriating. I'm going to bed.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think we all would agree --the Jet's have more than enough offensive firepower, but they just have to improve their defense capabities, and that includes their forwards coming back and helping out the defence.

Scheifele and Wheeler who are supposed to be leaders are the first ones that have to step up and hustle.

As much as many fans love Laine -- I think I'd look seriously at trading him for a couple defenseman, as we need more defensive capability, and would lose some scoring -- and what we'd lose, we'd pick up in return on a solid trade. I think this is the way to go. It will take to long to draft and develop defenseman. Pull the trigger on a big deal Chevy -- or we're a 500 team or worse this year.

Answer--trade Laine -- the return players would be great, and make this team a more complete team. I know this is not popular, but we don't need scorers --we need some 2 way hockey players.

We need guys like Lowry or Copp, who "can also score" OR a couple of really good solid defenseman who can also play with some offensive ability--then we'd be a lot more competitive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Upperdeckjet

None

Feb 22, 2012
At least that explains why Ehlers wasn't on the top unit. I guess as long as PP1 is designed to set up a shooter at the left circle or in the slot Ehlers won't be on it if he doesn't want to play his off side.

He wasn't even prompted about Roslovic specifically, just decided to throw him under the bus on the way out.

Edit: Expanding on the Roslovic quote from Maurice - Absolutely nobody on the Jets had good shot metrics. Pointing out that Roslovic had an awful game is in such bad taste.

Reactions: Mbraunm

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Not that Mo was wrong about Rosie, but he really needs to can it with the calling out players, particularly young ones. He sounds like a jackass.
I think Maurice is very much into maintaining power structures/hierarchies. IMO, he is quick to take young players down, when they are beginning to break out (Ehlers, Roslovic... ), and threatening the position of his favorites (such as Scheifele, Wheeler), who - in turn - helps him control the room.

I think the situation about the PP setup today was quite telling and - honestly - embarrassing for Maurice.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If anything maurice seldom calls out players if ever. Boston coach for example calls them out almost every time they lose. When we beat them last year he called out chara. Roslovic is a pro player and an adult I think he can take it.

Reactions: STZD

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Your right -- we should be happy about the win --I know I am, but the 2nd part of my question was --should we be happy about the way the Jet's are playing right now ? --answer is "no."

i ain't gonna harass cause you the reason the barkeep gives me a half price round <3

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
If anything maurice seldom calls out players if ever. Boston coach for example calls them out almost every time they lose. When we beat them last year he called out chara. Roslovic is a pro player and an adult I think he can take it.
I disagree-it was classless-especially since Scheif and Wheeler played worse, especially Scheif. Those two have been beyond reproach for so long, and sooner or later it will cause a significant rift in the dressing room.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I disagree-it was classless-especially since Scheif and Wheeler played worse, especially Scheif. Those two have been beyond reproach for so long, and sooner or later it will cause a significant rift in the dressing room.

I think your right -- Maurice needs to start calling out Wheeler and Scheifele, but I don't think he has the stones to do that --he's a little intimidated by them --and they run the team.

This is not a good sign for a coach -- a championship coach should be the "boss" and call the shots --and the players should respect him , but they don't have to like him. Maurice is to worried about being liked IMO.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
You are actually making a point here against Maurice. Boston is a much more successful team because the coach holds the ENTIRE team accountable-including his vets. Everyone is accountable. I think Maurice could actually take notes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad