Post-Game Talk: Hellecrook steals one from the Sharks 3-2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-game audio:

Players: Blake Wheeler & Connor Hellebuyck.

Coach Maurice: How would he describe the performance of his goalie tonight? How atypical was that win? On the persistence to get the late goal. How much better can they be in a back-to-back? Thoughts on the debut of CJ Suess? Did the Sharks wear themselves out? On the composition of the power play. When was the last time he had a guy turn down a spot on the top power play unit?

To listen click here.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
upload_2019-11-2_0-40-22.jpeg

Check out the shot attempts. Helle's going to need treatment for PTSD.

A buddy of mine took the shot and sent it to me. :laugh:

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
I agree to take those two away from Scheif and Wheeler.

However, I didn’t see good effort at all from Scheif and Wheeler-especially Scheif. Those two lean a ton on Connor to do all the heavy lifting!
Yeah, I am generally not impressed with their *leadership* on the ice, but it felt like their pride got to them today, and they engaged some more in board battles, maybe more so in the offensive zone than DZ.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I guess you missed the LIKE MANY part. Still, a few of his turnovers were careless, I see no reason to hide from that.

No, I didn't miss it - that's why I said what I said.
I didn't see a single player play well with the puck in our end.
We spent the night in our zone without the puck - it was terrifying to watch.

Reactions: ps241 and Ducky10

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Remember game 1, when Helle used his judgment (as I do as a serious poker player, as all us do) to assert that he played well but had bad deck/puck luck?

Surely, Bucky has put up numbers since that has justified his early swagger.

that's what I like.

So by all means, Connor, keep rolling; you're our last/only hope for the playoffs and/or a miracle run.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Seemed like every line was dominated for almost every shift except for the ones we scored on. And maybe the pp. We were dominated for like 52 minutes out of 60.

Sharks fly the zone super quick and play pretty angry in their own rink. Ice didn't seem very good but they know how to deal with it. I have a feeling they're going to win a lot in this home stand they have coming up.

Suess-Gust-Shaw line hardly saw any time, but what I saw wasn't very encouraging.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
So I guess we can put Dahlstrom back into the lineup, he's not any worse than the bottom 4 d playing on this team, also not any better

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Remember game 1, when Helle used his judgment (as I do as a serious poker player, as all us do) to assert that he played well but had bad deck/puck luck?

Surely, Bucky has put up numbers since that has justified his early swagger.

that's what I like.

So by all means, Connor, keep rolling; you're our last/only hope for the playoffs and/or a miracle run.

Wheelers comments are too funny -
We wore them out - they finally ran out of gas from cycling and shooting all night - rope-a-dope

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
This post makes no sense.

would be the most Maurice thing to go back to ELL... we shall see. Maurice made a point to say how he thought Roslo was bad through 40... as if everyone else wasn't as well... although i guess the horses*** comment covers that

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
After hearing Maurice’s explanation for Ehlers on PP2, maybe it’s time to give this a try instead?

27-55-81
29-44

85-18-26
28-4

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Should fans be happy about this win ? I guess they are, but should they be happy with the way the Jet's are playing ? I don't think so, as the Sharks were totally all over them.

The Jet's are playing far to low against their defense, and their defenseman are open and just peppering the Jet's with shots. They need some of their speed guys like Roslo, Ehlers, and these guys closing these gaps, or their going to get hammered.

I really see the absence of guys like Tanev and Armia missing, and I question why Maurice would allow the team to be so dominated by this team. The Jet's have a lot of talent and speed and should use it.

Good news this season is the play of Ehlers and the sudden emergence of Jack Roslovic -- and the solid play of Helle of course.

I think Ehlers has the potential to score 80 points this year, and I think Roslovic could pick up 50 if he's left on Ehler's line.

Scheifele and Wheeler were not helping out in the defensive end - why not ? maybe Wheeler is to comfortable with his new contract ?

In summary the Sharks do not have that much more talent than the Jets, but it sure looked like they did. Maurice has to change their game plan, or their going to get slaughtered.

Luck only lasts so long.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad