Post-Game Talk: Hellecrook steals one from the Sharks 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Which is completely out of context. Maurice clearly was using it as a reason why he can trust Rosie to be put in more situations if anyone cared to listen beyond that one sentence.

Basically, Roslo was bad most of like game and Maurice said 'like all of them' but he stuck with it. That showed Maurice that even when things are going badly for Roslo, and Maurice said like every player that will happen over the course of the year, that he can still put him out because Roslo can pull through it. That gave him trust to have him out there in the future.

I get that and I know his Corsi wasn’t great, like everyone else. Maybe I’m crazy, but I saw one line give a great effort, steal pucks from behind the net and create more scoring chances than all the others combined. Am I the only person who saw that? If so, then I guess I am crazy. :help:

Last edited:

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
My thoughts:
It was a stinker of a game, as SJ deliberately pressured our half-AHL defense, and we simply could not respond. This will get better with Niku and Beaulieu in the lineup, but I fear Morrissey may not play to his potential without a stronger partner (ie Buff).
Overall, our top-6 forwards are stronger than last year, with Roslo, Ehlers, Little (and Laine before he got hurt) showing progression in their games. Connor looks very strong, Scheifele will be fine, but the jury is out on Wheeler. It would have been decent to defer crucifying him until he has played a meaningful number of games, given his past history.
Our bottom 6 won't miss Tanev much, as Copp, Lowry (now that he is back), Perreault are a strong possession players. Gus will be great if given a chance on the 4th line, and when Laine is back we will have 7 top-6 forwards to play around with.
Special teams are atrocious this year and due for a major overhaul--I'm not sure I buy what Maurice is selling about Ehlers and the half-wall. It'd be hard to look that gift horse in the mouth, but since he is tied for #3 in scoring for RWs I won't worry about it for now.
Vezina- caliber goaltending can cover a lot of warts and if Helle keeps this up and we get lucky on the injury front there is still hope.
I ventured into the GDT last night for the first time in a while and won't be back for a longer while. It's worse than our defense and special teams combined.:sarcasm:

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
That was a stinker that we came out on top of...whew!

I see pitchfork and torches crew made it out this evening. Cheers lads, mind the pointy ends.

So there were posters all last year that wanted the giraffe and chiapet gone. They're gone now...how about that defense eh?

I don't think this is so much on PoMo. We are down multiple players and our D Corp is a tire fire.
Morrissey looks like he is playing with something nagging him since after training camp.
Kuli went from looking good at the start of the season to looking like a seasoned AHL D Man.

Refs let a lot go...except they called Purr-oh on the sneaky trip...which if they caught that but not the blatant crap makes me scratch my head.
Just pointing that out for interest sake.

As for PoMo calling Rosie out...he didn't bring up Rosie, the media did and he wasn't going to praise the guy without exposing the warts too...he was pissed.
If he sounds extra hoarse tomorrow we know he threw the spittle at the boys last night and this morning.

Hope the boys show up tonight.

Reactions: scelaton

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Two points is two points but man was that ugly.

Outside of a few individual performances I'm at a loss as to what the heck this team is trying to do on the ice. We are so disjointed moat nights it's incredibly hard to discern any type of system. It is beyond comical for an NHL team.

I honestly have no idea what the game plan seems to be know outside of collapse and bunker around Helle and then hope to be opportunistic on the few chances we create.

This team bunkers, can't breakout and can't maintain any sustained offensive pressure. It is honestly a mess and I really can't see the end game here from this coaching staff anymore. Either the team needs to do a 180 or we need a new voice imo. As a paying seat holder I will not be at all happy to fork out big dollars for whatever it is th

Except it would be unfair to Helle, I would give back the 2 points if I could.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I don't remember Maurice throwing players under the bus before this season really, especially not by singling them out. Maybe I have selective memory, but this is starting to sound like a coach who's scared ****less for his job and has also lost the room. It's a very bad sign when a coach starts to blame his players. IMO a coach should always carry the load and responsibility publicly, if you have problems with how some your players are playing, let them know in the room and you don't have to be kind about it. But that's private between the coach and players.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
I don't remember Maurice throwing players under the bus before this season really, especially not by singling them out. Maybe I have selective memory, but this is starting to sound like a coach who's scared ****less for his job and has also lost the room. It's a very bad sign when a coach starts to blame his players. IMO a coach should always carry the load and responsibility publicly, if you have problems with how some your players are playing, let them know in the room and you don't have to be kind about it. But that's private between the coach and players.

It's not something we've seen a lot of before from PoMo, to his credit. In fact, he seemed to go out of his way to avoid calling out individual players (with the odd exception). Tensions and frustration must be running high, understandably. But it is noticeable that he has refrained from calling out Wheeler and Scheifele, who have both been mostly awful during the last stretch, and have continued to play big minutes with little to show for it.

Brutal game. Hard to watch last night, hard to watch when I tried again this morning. At least it was mostly SJ fans who paid to watch it in person I guess.

Johnnucleo

Jan 2, 2016
Ostrava
Ehlers and Roslovic together are magic. I also think putting Wheeler at Centre is a good way to split he and Scheif up and have a solid top 6. Wheeler was good at centre when he has done it:

Connor Scheif Laine
Ehlers Wheeler Roslovic
Copp Lowry Perreault
Plug Little Plug.

What do people think of that? I think it fixes a lot of things on the top 6. Having Little as 4th line C can legitimize that line.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
So there were posters all last year that wanted the giraffe and chiapet gone. They're gone now...how about that defense eh?
Would you have re-signed either for what they are getting? Seriously?
Myers at 6m for 5 years?????

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Right now, the problem starts at the top of the lineup. Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler remains a dysfunctional line that bleeds shots defensively. Morrissey is having a really shaky season so far. As long as the top players are struggling, the Jets will not succeed. Maurice needs to abandon the notion that Scheifele and Wheeler need to play together vs. top lines. Morrissey needs to get his game together. Even up the line distributions and try to create at least 3 strong lines.

Still, with this D the Jets won't be a serious contender, so focus on developing a few young players, starting with Niku and Gustafsson.

Absolutely the top players need to get it together. Morrissey has been shaky no doubt but he is being put in a very tough situation. I am sorry but Poolman has no business in an NHL top 4 let alone on a top pairing.

Mark and Blake though have no such excuses. Both have been terrible despite prime linemates. Got to wonder if the vets have started tunning out the coach.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad