• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bs1011

May 27, 2019
We need to weather the storm :facepalm: in our own building. This core has come out flat in every game seven even the ones we’ve won.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Can you imagine Krejci and Bergeron ending their careers on a game 7 loss? It would be almost impossible to imagine :laugh:

Play Swayman and ffs stop playing scared.

Play in the moment and think about how you pulled together this season when we were down 3 guys. You played as a f***ing team.

I don’t know why they reverted to last year’s team but it is infuriating.

I have homework to do so I’ll probably just follow along here. It worked in 2013.

Sorry but their piss poor play has soured me on the team and I don’t think I will ever look at them the same.

If these guys are reading this stop playing scared. Simplify your game. Play as a team. Don’t think about the future. Stay in the present. You can beat these guys. You need to believe in yourselves like your fans have since October. Play a full 60 minute game. Start on time.

Good post.

Razor has been saying it best imho. They aren't making hard plays. All the giveaways are on soft crappy back hands. PLAY HARD. Focus on your play and get the puck out of your zone. In a 60 minute chess match you can chip the puck deep. You can ice it. You can be more strategic.

They're playing a weirdo pond hockey style they've basically not played all year. It's very odd.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Hope you’re right but hasn’t been the case for the Bruins for awhile,unless it’s against the Leafs and that’s not really much of an accomplishment.
Panthers were one of NHL best team last year. They are no scrub! Our group was a bit arrogant, thinking it would be a walk in the parc. In PO, everything can happen. Bruins are not playing very well IMO, and that has to do with a couples of thing, regardless we are 3-3 AT home. Now like the Panthers are trying to do with their so-so season (redeem themselves) Boston can also do the same in game 7!

When you are talking for a while, I simply disagree. Following posters here, 29 teams a year are simple big f..losers cause there is only one team winning each year!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Can you imagine Krejci and Bergeron ending their careers on a game 7 loss? It would be almost impossible to imagine :laugh:

Good post.

Razor has been saying it best imho. They aren't making hard plays. All the giveaways are on soft crappy back hands. PLAY HARD. Focus on your play and get the puck out of your zone. In a 60 minute chess match you can chip the puck deep. You can ice it. You can be more strategic.

They're playing a weirdo pond hockey style they've basically not played all year. It's very odd.
That’s for sure Krejci definitely wouldn’t be back I doubt the Bruins would even want him back ,not sure about Bergy would he want to end it on such a sour note .Let’s hope we don’t have to find out.

Reactions: FONZIE

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I have trust that Neely and Sweeney aren't going to let Monty make the personnel decisions for game 7. They have far too much invested in this to let the ship go down with a coach who has got just about everything wrong in this series when it comes to deployment of personnel. No guarantees with any moves but it's clearly evident that Ullmark is broke and absolutely can't start game 7.
But will they let Bergeron make personnel decisions?

I’m not joking.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Panthers were one of NHL best team last year. They are no scrub! Our group was a bit arrogant, thinking it would be a walk in the parc. In PO, everything can happen. Bruins are not playing very well IMO, and that has to do with a couples of thing, regardless we are 3-3 AT home. Now like the Panthers are trying to do with their so-so season (redeem themselves) Boston can also do the same in game 7!

When you are talking for a while, I simply disagree. Following posters here, 29 teams a year are simple big f..losers cause there is only one team winning each year!
Have said the same about the Panthers 122 points last season,now I‘m not sure who they lost in the offseason or injuries that resulted in them having an average season.But also if the Bruins went out early after the season they had ,even hypothetically if they could have most of the same team back ,what’s the chances they would have anywhere near this kind of regular season.They wouldn’t win the Presidents trophy if it meant throwing games to lose it.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Have said the same about the Panthers 122 points last season,now I‘m not sure who they lost in the offseason or injuries that resulted in them having an average season.But also if the Bruins went out early after the season they had ,even hypothetically if they could have most of the same team back ,what’s the chances they would have anywhere near this kind of regular season.They wouldn’t win the Presidents trophy if it meant throwing games to lose it.
Boston simply can NOT have the same team. 2 top 9 center paid like DK and PB won't happen. 88 at 11, and cap issue. This is an all IN PO ! That said, IMO if they go thru this round, they might be the underdog in second round which could be what this team need.

I rather beleive in this group till the end, rather than throwing everyone under the bus while they are facing adversity!

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I intentionally skipped all the local and national post game coverage last night. It’s past talking time, most analysis no longer matters, play simple, structured, layered hockey tomorrow night. Some difficult decisions about who dresses, but all regular season they won with whoever was in the lineup, have to have that mentality tomorrow.

At every stage of his career, Swayman has stepped up and become the guy. Maybe this is his time, save face for Linus and admit he has a nagging injury.
I’ll be there with @Ladyfan :nod: cheering for our boys. I’m hoping for hugs, we know there will be handshakes. This is why we watch sports, the possibility of joy versus heartbreak, and as a Black and Gold lifer, I’ve had plenty of both, love this team!

Here we go :bruins Here we go!!:clap::clap:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I mean dude, I’ll be honest, a big reason I ain’t mad is cus I’m excited for game 7. It.l f***ing blow chunks if they lose and I have to couple my Sunday blues with that and going back into the work week thinking about it, but I think the people getting mad don’t understand how good the panthers can be, yes we gave them goals, yes Ullmark should have rested in game 5 or 6 or both, but this panthers team could have also taken game 1 and it would be the same situation in the end….it goes to 7.

Get pumped, get excited, cheer them on, we need to send as much positive energy from this fan base to them as possible. I truly believe in that, ladyfan’s post in 2011 was huge.

We’ll see what they’re made of tomorrow night

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
same was said in 2010.
Then they won 2011!
Difference between then and now is that Bergy, Marchand, Krejci and the rest of the Bs core were all in their early 20s with their entire careers in front of them. Fast forward to today where Bergy may be done after this season, Krejci I would make a sure bet that he retires after this season and Brad Marchand will be 35 in 2 weeks and has had 2 hip surgeries. Sure they have McAvoy and Pasta who are still young but I'm not convinced that those guys are capable of dragging them to the promise land.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
We need to weather the storm :facepalm: in our own building. This core has come out flat in every game seven even the ones we’ve won.

Dude what?

They’ve dominated tons of game 7’s they won and even the Montreal one they scored 2 quick ones

Only game 7 they came out flat for was against leafs in 2013, in 2018 they didn’t come out flat but leafs put more on initially, 2019 they shut them out 5-0.

Even against the blues, they dominated first period and gave up 2 shitty goals, but they didn’t come out flat. Second period maybe but not the start of the game

Game 7 against Tampa, not flat at all, hame 7 against Vancouver? Far from flat.

I didn’t think they came out flat against Carolina either, canes just a better team that year

Reactions: Spjutmuren

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Difference between then and now is that Bergy, Marchand, Krejci and the rest of the Bs core were all in their early 20s with their entire careers in front of them. Fast forward to today where Bergy may be done after this season, Krejci I would make a sure bet that he retires after this season and Brad Marchand will be 35 in 2 weeks and has had 2 hip surgeries. Sure they have McAvoy and Pasta who are still young but I'm not convinced that those guys are capable of dragging them to the promise land.
Does not change anything... return at that time and read here, and all what was written would be a copy taste off what we read here now.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The Bruins have been a chokey organization during the course of my fandom (1993-present) but I’m not sure any of that has any bearing on what happened tomorrow.

As far as the track record of “the core”, well there aren’t many left from it if you’re going back to 2011, and nobody on D or in net.

And this team is drastically different from even 2019, so I don’t put much stock in that finish either.

Now it’s about how they play in one game.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
At the end of the day it's probably a good thing we are being humbled and pushed to 7 games. If they can grind out the win tomorrow then hopefully they will come out stronger in round 2.
This is where I'm at. If they win tomorrow, this could ultimately be the true test to propel them even further along. Lets hope so.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I wish the Bruins picked up Tkachuk..perfect Bruin type player.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Ad

Ad

Ad