GAME 7 - This is why we are fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Game 7 winning team

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Lol sitting bergeron would be like sitting Backes game 7 but on steroids. Even if he sucked so bad you dropped him to the 4th line he’s still playing

The bruins rallied this year primarily for bergeron, I think they can do so again tomorrow night

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I disagree, Zacha has fanned on so many opportunities. He needs to start scoring. I’m not asking for a goal a game, but asking for one goal in a 7 game series from a top 6 forward shouldn’t be asking much.

I fully agree Coyle has been incredible with bergy out.

Bruins are averaging 4 goals a game. Scoring isn't the problem.

Coyle has 1 goal and 1 assist, but you see his play as incredible.

Zacha has 5 assists (including a huge one shorthanded yesterday) but he needs to start scoring?

Let's see if Ullmark can stop a beachball

Let's not.

Reactions: Spjutmuren and PB37

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Ullmark stats - 3 good, 3 bad. Flip a coin for game 7, I just don't know.

1682783023202.png

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
So in this series....

Ullmark has an expected goals against of 18.9 and has allowed 20 goals against. Now this isn't all on Ullmark. If we look, he's faced the 3rd most shots, the most high danger shots and had the 3rd most rebound attempts against.

The Bruins team defense is allowing way to many high quality shots and not boxing guys out from 2nd chance opportunities. Ullmark is giving up too many rebounds and can seem to make those timely saves he was making during the regular season.

The Bruins lead the playoffs in goals scored at 24. If you told me before the series that Boston would average 4 goals per game, I would have thought they were going to sweep the Panthers. Instead they've allowed the 2nd most goals against and are heading to a game 7.
As a former goalie, it looks to me like he's fighting it. One of my sons is also a goalie and early in the game there was a shot at his glove and we were saying how odd it was to see a goalie make a save with his glove and for the puck to deflect off it. A glove save usually involves the puck going in the webbing or the palm, or even off the wrist guard but this looked like he closed his hand too early or turned his hand and the puck went off the back of his fingers. Weird.

He just hasn't been sharp. Getting beat on shots from the blue line that he misjudges. The game winner last night was a clean look and he just got beat. All of the puck handling turnovers that result in scoring chances. He's dropping rebounds in high danger areas instead of off to the sides or into the corners... A lot of these high danger shots/chances are his own doing.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
We have played sloppy, disorganized hockey in 4/6 games in this series. They have looked nothing like the team in the regular season and its not because of the Panthers forcing them. They have to play G7 like our first two games in Florida. Play a structured, patient game tomorrow and we'll win. Keep forcing things and play impatient and we'll be golfing

Reactions: b in vancouver

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This has been one of the most painful series I've seen. As a Bruins fan for a long time that says a lot.
Self inflicted wounds, sloppy play, brain dead decisions, etc.
The only team that can beat The Bruins is The Bruins... and they have.

The 2010 Philly series was the worst for me.

1993 Buffalo was awful too.

1973 Rangers.

Lots to choose from.

Reactions: b in vancouver

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Zacha has 5 assists (including a huge one shorthanded yesterday) but he needs to start scoring?

Let's not.

Ullmark also has an 84% save percentage even strength with Zacha on the ice in the playoffs and Zacha is 48% in the face off circle. On top of his 0 goals.

100% give him credit for his assists, but we need more overall from him.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Do or die game. Bruins will make history one way or the other. It really doesn't look too good right now and if they lose it is pretty sad for the year that they had and fall to the President Cup Curse.

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
This has been one of the most painful series I've seen. As a Bruins fan for a long time that says a lot.
Self inflicted wounds, sloppy play, brain dead decisions, etc.
The only team that can beat The Bruins is The Bruins... and they have.
It's definitely uncharacteristic of the B's in terms of defense and puck management when you look at the squads from 2011 to 2022. Out of sync, players moving out of position to make offensive plays, forcing risky passes leading to costly turnovers, etc. Claude (and probably Cassidy as well) would have had an aneurysm last night if he was behind the bench seeing this.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
This game is so much more than a regular game 7. If they somehow manage to bungle a game 7 at home after being up 3-1, after being the best team in history, we will all look at the 08-23 stretch a lot different. As it stands already, this franchise has underachieved when it mattered overall, but a cup win changes all that. . Too lose this game would just cement it.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Just do it! Nike.

B’s are like a world class heavyweight boxer that’s risen to the top of their class, but have never really been challenged along the way.

This season pretty much came out of nowhere and the bumps along the way were pretty minor.

A couple of punches here and there, but they’ve never been cut, and they’ve never been knocked down until now.

And now it’s the 12th round against a scrappy, and frankly a very dangerous opponent that just will not go away.
I feel the heavy champ is tripping over his her shoes more then anything at the moment. We could have easily finished this off. It's all head stuff right now.

Reactions: FinnBear

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
this has loss written all over it.
they got lucky in 2013 with tge leafs game 7.
when youre up 3 games to 1 with home ice and cant win in games 5 or 6.
you are gonba be playing scared as shit.
happened in 2004 and 2010 with this team.
im expecting another flop in game 7. which also happened in 2013 but somehow tge leafs folded even worse.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Said before the playoffs that I am overconfident the Bs will win because the team was not overconfident based on everything they were saying. Boy did I ever misread that wrong. Team and coach were saying all the right things, but their performance has been that of a team that believes they can partially show up and still pull out the W.

Hall, Coyle, Bertuzzi, and Marchy are the forwards I exempt from my ire. Those guys have all shown up and fought like hell to win. The rest of the team has been spotty at best.

There is just no way a team with its head in the right place can come out in game 6 and commit the same costly mistakes that cost them dearly in game 5. I could stomach things better if FLA was playing all-world hockey, but they aren't. Much of what is costing the Bs is unforced and self-inflicted. Mental mistakes galore. Unfocused players and a coach who has developed too much hubris.

Even if the Bs pull out game 7 they have shot themselves in the foot by not gaining valuable rest and recovery time that would have come by taking care of business earlier.

Amazing to me how a team that set some very hard-to-break regular season records can't even handle the lowest seed in the playoffs. There have been some epic choke jobs in Boston sports history. Many of those came in a conference/league championship or the final enchilada. This "historic" Bs team is aiming to take things to a new level and choke before they are even able to get out of the first round.

I truly hope the so-called leadership on the team is aware of and cares about what a loss on Sunday will do to its legacy.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
This game is so much more than a regular game 7. If they somehow manage to bungle a game 7 at home after being up 3-1, after being the best team in history, we will all look at the 08-23 stretch a lot different. As it stands already, this franchise has underachieved when it mattered overall, but a cup win changes all that. . Too lose this game would just cement it.

For me this game IS the finals. I know it sounds nuts, but I'm ok with them losing in a later round. I just need them to win THIS one.

Losing to the Leafs or Devils, I could handle.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
My prediction is swayman starts, plays really well but the offense decides to shit the bed this time and they lose so we're all left wondering what could have been had swayman started even 1 of the games they lost

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Let's not.

I agree. Team defense, sloppy breakouts, and poor goaltending is what's hurting Boston. The offense is fine.

Ullmark does not look like the same goaltender, either from the injury or nerves or both. Everything tossed at his feet, he's falling on his butt and scrambling. This is a complete 180 from how he played all year, where he was large in net and calm.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
I've been on the Ullmark bandwagon up until like 5 minutes ago. Right now the Panthers aren't scared of Ullmark. They have a book on him and he's not playing like a Hasek or Roy right now where he's your savior.

What is the one thing, lineup wise, that can throw some doubt into the heads of the Panthers? Swayman. Get the kid in there and have him tested early. The Panthers might need a new approach with Swayman. Might make them change their game a bit. I dunno.

What I do know is that if they were planning to start Swayman, wouldn't they be practicing today? Get him as many reps as possible since he hasn't played in a few weeks? Makes me think they'll stick with Ullmark.

Also, Krejci. No idea why he played last night, but I bet he plays tomorrow too. They won't sit him if it's potentially his last game in the league. Even though he's cooked right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad