GAME 7 - This is why we are fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Game 7 winning team

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Time to pull out one of my old favorites.
1682785784706.jpeg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So, am I the only one who thinks Linus is moving like he is injured?

I honestly believe he is hurt and so IMO Sway must start game 7.

No matter which net minder is in the D HAS to be better. Cliffy has to sit, Grizz has to play and what the hell is up with Lindy and Orlov??

There is no question in my mind that Linus is injured. All you have to do is watch him moving out there to see it, his movements are slower & not as smooth as they would be if he was 100% healthy.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
If the B's can do it to the Canadians in game 7 in the 2011 first round than so can we.
Just a quick reminder of how that went down.

We lost games one and two at home. We then won four out of the next five, three of them in OT, including game seven.

This year's team has no resemblance to that team. We've mostly been front runners.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
foligno has to sit tomorrow too.
if krejci is playing im rolling with
marshy bergy debrusk
bert krejci pasta
hall coyle zacha
greer nosek hathaway

gryz mac
lindholm carlo
orlov forbort
swayman

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Just a quick reminder of how that went down.

We lost games one and two at home. We then won four out of the next five, three of them in OT, including game seven.

This year's team has no resemblance to that team. We've mostly been front runners.
correct.
our previous game 7s similar to this year would be 2004 2010 and 2013

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Also, Krejci. No idea why he played last night, but I bet he plays tomorrow too. They won't sit him if it's potentially his last game in the league. Even though he's cooked right now.
Last second decision on Krejci. I don't even think he was in all of warmups. If he's that last second, yeah, then he shouldn't have been in. What you bring up is something that has been bothering me.

Who gives a crap if it's his last game in the league? Why is this feel-good crap with veterans taking precedence over common sense? We have a captain playing, and getting injured, in the meaningless final game of the season because of whatever the hell actual reason. We have Foligno in over a kid who would be a better option because of "leadership" that doesn't seem to be doing squat. Now we have a struggling slowed down version of an already slow center being put in and playing big mins over top of guys who can actually keep up with the pace and contribute. Maddening.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
For me this game IS the finals. I know it sounds nuts, but I'm ok with them losing in a later round. I just need them to win THIS one.

Losing to the Leafs or Devils, I could handle.
I can't We can't lower our expectations now. Anything less than a cup win was unacceptable imo, but that is only my opinion. I am not going to tell you or anyone what to be happy with.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
The 2010 Philly series was the worst for me.

1993 Buffalo was awful too.

1973 Rangers.

Lots to choose from.
Definitely a lot.
2012 Washington was the series, like this one, that there wasn't a minute I didn't know they'd win. Also the series, like this one, that you couldn't point at injuries, refs, bad luck, unbelievable goaltending, excellent other team, etc. ... but to a Bruins team that simply wasn't playing as well as they were capable of.

Really need to get their heads out of the sand.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
You have to go with Swayman.
Ullmark has not gotten it done in 2 games, and has been bad.
This is why you have 2 great goaltenders.
Is it fair ? no. But he is an NHL goalie, and he should be able to handle the pressure.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I can't We can't lower our expectations now. Anything less than a cup win was unacceptable imo, but that is only my opinion. I am not going to tell you or anyone what to be happy with.

I am with you except that I would take at least a Cup Finals appearance to call the season an acceptable result. Anything less than that for me is a fail for this team. We have seen them be too good for good teams in the league to handle many times this season to be satisfied with a "good try." You get to the Finals and then, at least for me, you can make allowances for playoff weirdness etc. But it is not for me to set standards for anyone else's happiness, either.

Agreed, but you know Montgomery is gonna run him out there again

I think this is probably right. The time for Swayman was last night after that disaster of a game 5. I don't see how Montgomery doesn't go with Linus, as much as I agree that Swayman should be in there.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Grasping...

The Bruins have won 7 consecutive playoff games played on Sundays and have only lost 1 Sunday playoff game at home in more than 5,000 days (nearly 14 years.)

Tomorrow needs to arrive quickly. If not, I'll soon be calculating the Bruins record when... the dew point is above 50! :DD

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
It's the proverbial nut cutting time for the Bruins and if they want to not end up like all the rest of the recent pas President's Trophy winners, ol' Monty needs to pull Linus and put in Swayman and make some needed adjustments on the back end. The talent's there. It's the execution that leaves something to be desired and this team needs to put the Sunrise Mountain Lions out to pasture or risk wasting an excellent season.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Ponder this with your morning brew

Henrik Lundqvist said on TNT the Bruins should go with Swayman

I don't get watching Ullmark let in 6 goals on heels of game 5 blunder.That's betraying entire team for 1 persons feelings or just tone deafness of situation.They don't start Swayman they are nuts

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
One thing I will say that bothered me last night was the Pasta breakaway when we were up with 9 mins left.

It was exactly why this guy becomes invisible 5 on 5 in the PO. He is only dangerous on the PP.

He needs to bear down and bury that puck. Instead he throws a muffin at Bob looking for a penalty.

Your not getting that call in the playoffs at that moment.
Go wan you make it sound like he shooting at an empty net.Guys scores 2 goals still at him.They lost because the goalie stunk and coach let him stay in for 6 goals

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's the proverbial nut cutting time for the Bruins and if they want to not end up like all the rest of the recent pas President's Trophy winners, ol' Monty needs to pull Linus and put in Swayman and make some needed adjustments on the back end. The talent's there. It's the execution that leaves something to be desired and this team needs to put the Sunrise Mountain Lions out to pasture or risk wasting an excellent season.

Let's see what happens. I once played in a band with another guitarist who was on a whole other level from where I was at the time- just phenomenal and he showed it every night when we jammed or practiced. Then we did a gig and he utterly shit the bed so much so that I had to step in for his parts in order to save the show (didn't really work out). Some folks are just not cut out for performing under pressure. This team as a whole may not be- they haven't shown otherwise so far. We'll see tomorrow night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad