GAME 7 - This is why we are fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Game 7 winning team

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
This game is so much more than a regular game 7. If they somehow manage to bungle a game 7 at home after being up 3-1, after being the best team in history, we will all look at the 08-23 stretch a lot different. As it stands already, this franchise has underachieved when it mattered overall, but a cup win changes all that. . Too lose this game would just cement it.
It will be just plain awful

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't vote on polls in the playoffs. However, I truly believe that if the Bruins just stop doing self inflicted dumb shit we will win Sunday. We are the better team. It's time we start playing like it. I believe.

Pasta Autograph for good luck!
20230406_172013.jpg

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Coming home up 3-1 nobody would have questioned him starting.

Ullmark's comments after Game 5 bothered me

I have learned over the years that athletes speaking in a second language never show emotion.

Yea I didn't like the way he handled that interview either and on top of that he looks like a basket case.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If they lose 3 home games in a series and a game 7 at home again I don't know what I'll do with myself.

Here's why I'm more angry than any other year. The 1971 Bruins lost in the first round, they won the cup in 72. The 1996 Red Wings won 62 games and lost in the playoffs, they won the cup in 97. The 2019 Lightning embarrassed themselves, they won the next two cups. Does anyone think the Bruins are contenders next year? We all see the cap, we all see the writing on the wall. This was the last dance, the last chance with this core. It's blowing up this summer, if you don't win now you'll never get that second ring for Bergy, Marchand, and Krejci. This would be the worst of the worst.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
None of us are ready for this ride to end.

However, as much as any of us here want them to take it, we cannot will them to a win.

That’s being a fan.

And the blessing and curse of hockey is that the best team doesn’t always win, or even survive the first playoff round.

At the end of the day, this is all entertainment so enjoy.

Ddawg

Mar 7, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
So, am I the only one who thinks Linus is moving like he is injured?

I honestly believe he is hurt and so IMO Sway must start game 7.

No matter which net minder is in the D HAS to be better. Cliffy has to sit, Grizz has to play and what the hell is up with Lindy and Orlov??
@Ladyfan, I mentioned in the Ullmark thread a couple of days ago that it looks like a lower back or groin issue. His side to side movement is not good. He is not squaring up and noticed he is not putting his right pad square on the ice. I haven't been able to suss it fully like I was able to do earlier in the season with Sway.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
If they lose 3 home games in a series and a game 7 at home again I don't know what I'll do with myself.

Here's why I'm more angry than any other year. The 1971 Bruins lost in the first round, they won the cup in 72. The 1996 Red Wings won 62 games and lost in the playoffs, they won the cup in 97. The 2019 Lightning embarrassed themselves, they won the next two cups. Does anyone think the Bruins are contenders next year? We all see the cap, we all see the writing on the wall. This was the last dance, the last chance with this core. It's blowing up this summer, if you don't win now you'll never get that second ring for Bergy, Marchand, and Krejci. This would be the worst of the worst.

Idk, I have faith sweeney will adjust accordingly if they bow out early and they have enough good pieces that they can contend again. Who knows, if they don’t win it this year, maybe next year is the year the “new” core says it’s our time. A lot can happen. Hell, Carlo, McAvoy, pasta, Gryzz, Coyle, DeBrusk all have game 7 and finals experience. All depends on how they perform on the ice. They finish 2nd or 3rd in the division next year they can absolutely go on a run especially if sweeney moves the fat this off-season. I think game 7 will cement who that fat might end up being regardless of whether they win or lose, you’ll continue to see who’s expendable as time goes on, a loss will just really tell you early

The tough part will be if Ullmark stands on his head but we lose 2-1:laugh:

Especially if one of those is directly Bertuzzi and Hall’s fault :laugh:

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Tomorrow feels like it could be a repeat of game 7 in 2004 vs Montreal.

At home, 0-0 score and Montreal scores with 10 minutes left, get an empty net goal and win 2-0.

My worry is these guys tomorrow will be tight, especially the D. But they did all this to themselves which makes it all the more incredibly difficult to believe

President’s trophy might be the only hardware we have this spring…….

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Tomorrow feels like it could be a repeat of game 7 in 2004 vs Montreal.

At home, 0-0 score and Montreal scores with 10 minutes left, get an empty net goal and win 2-0.

My worry is these guys tomorrow will be tight, especially the D. But they did all this to themselves which makes it all the more incredibly difficult to believe

President’s trophy might be the only hardware we have this spring…….
Yep... That will be the challenge
73 trying to do too much
Lindholm playing nervous....

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Someone, (Bergeron), should make the whole team watch game seven against the Blues. Including the Blues celebrating with the Cup on our ice.

Bergeron, Carlo, Coyle, DeBrusk, Grzelcyk, Krejci, Marchand, McAvoy and Pastrnak were all there, but all look like they need a reminder.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Ya know the message is basically no emotion.. even keel.. stick to the process. What I love about hockey is the emotion… I get it’s important to bounce back and not beat yourself up, but if you rid yourself of emotion, you rid yourself of hunger and drive, of hating to lose.

PoweredByRICE

Hates your team
May 7, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I'm fairly confident if we can get the first goal and then push the lead to 2 to 0 with the crowd behind them Florida is cooked. We saw how lovely that first goal can be in game 7 in 2019 at home

I'd also like to add that regardless of the outcome tomorrow, this will not hurt as much as 2019 for me.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm just astounded what's happening here... I kept assuming Boston would steamroll their way to the finals and figured that it was gonna be next to impossible for a team to win 4 games against them in a 7 game series.

I still think Boston will have a huge game 7 and win but regardless, I am in shock

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'm just astounded what's happening here... I kept assuming Boston would steamroll their way to the finals and figured that it was gonna be next to impossible for a team to win 4 games against them in a 7 game series.

I still think Boston will have a huge game 7 and win but regardless, I am in shock
I never thought they would steamroll,wasn’t putting as much into the regular season,playoffs are a totally different animal,but sure never thought they would really be responsible for their 3 losses by just such a total shitshow defensively.

FinnBear

Feb 21, 2016
Tomorrow will be a physical and mental test and it comes down to whoever wants it more. I expect neither team to leave any gas in the tank by the 20 minute mark of 3rd period.
Bruins have to focus for a whole 60 minutes, not 59:59. We deserve a full 60 minutes of comittment, especially after the regular season the Bruins had.

I think going with Swayman is the right call, he should have been there 3rd period last game. Goalie move worked for Panthers. But you practice him lightly today. Some PP on PK drills, distance shots... nothing exhausting but you do want his body and mind ready.

I will give the Panthers credit, they are not afraid of contact and wade right in front of the Bruins net to get high danger shots and rebounds.
I think age and physical condition and of course, a mindset, makes a bit of a difference here also.
Bennett will attack right through the middle drawing everyone into the front. Bruins have tendency on favoring shots from the half Walls because thats where usually Pasta sets up. However this is play offs and they cannot be afraid to attack the middle of the ice, even if it hurts more. They have gotten some good goals from there when they attacked net front.
Shots from outside mathentically favor the goalie playing the angle and while Bobrovsky is no World beater by any stretch, he can play those just well enough. Attacking the net from straight angle you open up much more net and a small literally move opens up angles even more.
Let's go Bruins - get into the mud and get dirty!

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad