GAME 7 - This is why we are fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Game 7 winning team

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
But will they let Bergeron make personnel decisions?

I’m not joking.
Fair question, Monty has often alluded to how this team coaches themselves. Regardless, the 2 guys who absolutely can't be in are Ullmark and Clifton. I suspect that Bergeron will want one last ride with Krejci and Foligno.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
The recipe has been the same all year. Give up 2-3 odd man rushes a game, attack with D-men and flat out rely on your goalies to have a .922 or better save percentage and be the 1st star of the game 80% of the time, when it isn't Pasta scoring a hatty.

Ullmark will likely have same surgery Brad had, but just on right hip. He slides right to left on his knees, doesn't push off right leg and struggles to get up. Monty, look at his eyes as he's getting up off the ice!!

Sway has to be injured too. Only explanation. Bob didn't play since March and came right in.

Given all that. Structured layered defense, pick your spots, be a tad more conservative. Oh wait, something we never worked on all season.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Zacha is getting a massive pass from people as well. Sure he has five assists and I’m not taking that away from him, but zero goals and he’s had a few opportunities go to waste.

11 career playoff games and 0 goals for Zacha. Time to contribute.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
So many questions for game 7.
Another one is after giving up so many goals, do they change their game plan to a simple, boring, smothering 90's Jacques Lemaire type defensive effort, or continue their high risk puck possession style that got them here?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think you’ve got to swing for the fences in Game 7.

This club has had two cracks at closing it out, one at home and one on the road, and has failed (sorry, Giannis).

So you’ve used up your leash.

If Krejci doesn’t give you the best chance to win, he sits.

The situation in net is a mess, though.

I was for them staying the course with Ullmark, and I was wrong.

Well after another shaky performance by Ully, it’s looks like the Bruins coaching staff has turned the best tandem in the league into a self created goalie controversy by not starting Swayman earlier in the series. Now the 23-year old could face immense pressure in the do or die situation.

Reactions: BBruins

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think you’ve got to swing for the fences in Game 7.

This club has had two cracks at closing it out, one at home and one on the road, and has failed (sorry, Giannis).

So you’ve used up your leash.

If Krejci doesn’t give you the best chance to win, he sits.

The situation in net is a mess, though.

I was for them staying the course with Ullmark, and I was wrong.
I think the biggest issue montgomery overlooked was that Linus has never had the workload in the NHL that he is now. He’s been a platoon and/or injured(Buffalo days). I’m not sure if he played 6 games in 13(?) days like he has in his NHL career, and if he has played that, he hasn’t done it recently.

So now they have an overworked goalie in Ullmark and a rusty goalie who has barely played in 3 weeks in swayman.

Just piss poor management by Montgomery.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think the biggest issue montgomery overlooked was that Linus has never had the workload in the NHL that he is now. He’s been a platoon and/or injured(Buffalo days). I’m not sure if he played 6 games in 13(?) days like he has in his NHL career, and if he has played that, he hasn’t done it recently.

So now they have an overworked goalie in Ullmark and a rusty goalie who has barely played in 3 weeks in swayman.

Just piss poor management by Montgomery.
He froze up, because the easy second guess is if you go to Swayman mid series and lose, the question becomes “Why did they mess with what was working?”.

That’s why it feels to me that this whole schtick about it being a game day or game time decision in net is smoke and mirrors.

I don’t think they were ever going to go Swayman.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
B’s are like a world class heavyweight boxer that’s risen to the top of their class, but have never really been challenged along the way.

This season pretty much came out of nowhere and the bumps along the way were pretty minor.

A couple of punches here and there, but they’ve never been cut, and they’ve never been knocked down until now.

And now it’s the 12th round against a scrappy, and frankly a very dangerous opponent that just will not go away.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Zacha is getting a massive pass from people as well. Sure he has five assists and I’m not taking that away from him, but zero goals and he’s had a few opportunities go to waste.

11 career playoff games and 0 goals for Zacha. Time to contribute.

Zacha should be one of the last guys to take a shot at on this team.

His play, along with Coyle's, when Bergy & Krejci were out, is one of the biggest reasons the B's have 3 wins in this series.

B’s are like a world class heavyweight boxer that’s risen to the top of their class, but have never really been challenged along the way.

This season pretty much came out of nowhere and the bumps along the way were pretty minor.

A couple of punches here and there, but they’ve never been cut, and they’ve never been knocked down until now.

And now it’s the 12th round against a scrappy, and frankly a very dangerous opponent that just will not go away.

Nice analogy.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Tomorrow is the last day of spring break and Megan is going to be going back to work on Monday. Baby will spend the last 6 weeks of the school year in childcare, and tomorrow will be a very emotional day.

I’m annoyed that the Bruins have let this thing go to 7 and that, of course, the game is smack dab in the middle of my own playoff game.

In previous years, I’d have gone full Jimmy Fallon from Fever Pitch, recorded the game, and avoided all spoilers like the plague, but I’m frankly too busy to do so.

Pissed that they went Sunday night over Sunday afternoon, but whatever.

Life goes on.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Zacha should be one of the last guys to take a shot at on this team.

His play, along with Coyle's, when Bergy & Krejci were out, is one of the biggest reasons the B's have 3 wins in this series.

Nice analogy.
I disagree, Zacha has fanned on so many opportunities. He needs to start scoring. I’m not asking for a goal a game, but asking for one goal in a 7 game series from a top 6 forward shouldn’t be asking much.

I fully agree Coyle has been incredible with bergy out.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So in this series....

Ullmark has an expected goals against of 18.9 and has allowed 20 goals against. Now this isn't all on Ullmark. If we look, he's faced the 3rd most shots, the most high danger shots and had the 3rd most rebound attempts against.

The Bruins team defense is allowing way to many high quality shots and not boxing guys out from 2nd chance opportunities. Ullmark is giving up too many rebounds and can seem to make those timely saves he was making during the regular season.

The Bruins lead the playoffs in goals scored at 24. If you told me before the series that Boston would average 4 goals per game, I would have thought they were going to sweep the Panthers. Instead they've allowed the 2nd most goals against and are heading to a game 7.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I agree with whoever said that this team’s modus operandi this season has been to run and gun and exchange change for chance, cashing in on theirs and counting on timely saves to bail them out when they inevitably turn the puck over.

Now the timely saves have dried up and they’re consistently playing from behind.

They have the firepower to play catch up, but eventually you get burned.

Not sure if you can suddenly be something you’re not and audible to a more conservative brand of hockey.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad