GAME 7 - This is why we are fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Game 7 winning team

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Bruins will win game 7. They are a far better team than Florida by miles. Goal tending has let them down. Got skinned on the hand pass call. They proved the can beat Bobrovsky. Just need to someone to knock diver Tkachuk on his ass a couple of times and ring his bell. Monty and the powers that be have some decisions to make. It's all on them going into game 7. Go Bruins!
Goaltending and total lack of any kind of defensive play and not just on the Defenceman.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Teams that get upset in the first round are usually pulling up and not playing 100% against their opponents because:
1. they don't want to risk injury
B. they don't want to tire themselves out in the first round

then they get behind the 8-ball and panic
upset

time to reset the teams thinking and become the team they need to be to win the cup this year. We have yet to see that team.

If the B's can do it to the Canadians in game 7 in the 2011 first round than so can we.

Reactions: BMC and 13Hockey

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Lindholm’s play has caught me off guard. He was a stud all season long. So far in playoffs he’s looked no better than Mike Reilly would. Complete disappointment
Something is wrong physically I think. I think some are hurt. That’s what happens when you take hits instead of dishing. Where’s all the aggressive stuff from the guys you excpected it from. Only one hitting was Mac.

Reactions: Spjutmuren

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Some huge decisions coming up……
Ullmark
Krejci
Forbort
TFred

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I have trust that Neely and Sweeney aren't going to let Monty make the personnel decisions for game 7. They have far too much invested in this to let the ship go down with a coach who has got just about everything wrong in this series when it comes to deployment of personnel. No guarantees with any moves but it's clearly evident that Ullmark is broke and absolutely can't start game 7.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I have trust that Neely and Sweeney aren't going to let Monty make the personnel decisions for game 7. They have far too much invested in this to let the ship go down with a coach who has got just about everything wrong in this series when it comes to deployment of personnel. No guarantees with any moves but it's clearly evident that Ullmark is broke and absolutely can't start game 7.
I doubt that. I’m sure they’ll be around. That decision is on the coach.

Bs1011

May 27, 2019
I think the decisions have been by committee all year. Some of the comments Monty has made throughout the year leads me to believe this

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think the decisions have been by committee all year. Some of the comments Monty has made throughout the year leads me to believe this
It’ll be his because he will be the one thrown to the wolves.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If this was a senior coach who was highly respected around the league, I would agree with you. In Monty's case he had to be thrilled that someone gave him a 2nd chance as a HC in the NHL, he will be deferring to his bosses. Sweeney built this team and has sacrificed a lot of the Bruins future for it, no way he lets it go up in smoke without getting his guys in for game 7.

Bs1011

May 27, 2019
Road Teams this postseason our now

27-17

Unbelievable
The regular season is a joke in this league. You just need to get it to the playoffs it’s always been the case. I think it’s the core of this team the leaders can’t will this team to victory. They’ve tried but the rest can’t follow.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
IMG_0844.jpeg

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I won’t make any more predictions. I’m often wrong and can’t risk going the “jinx” route.

Few thoughts:
1) Last nights game was a debacle, but to be honest at least it was an exciting debacle.
2) Have to go with Sway in Game 7.
3) Forbert/Cliffey (who I both like) cannot be on ice together. Gotta be Gryz playing.

Here’s two questions I have to ponder. A great deal of our success this season has been due to Montgomery’s use of D in the Ozone. We’ve had stellar tending in RS. So my question:

1) Was our defense this unorganized and error prone in our Dzone much of the season, but just covered up by our outstanding goaltending?

2) Is this an anomaly or a system problem covered up, again, by stellar RS tending?

Regardless. Go B’s.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Play Swayman and ffs stop playing scared.

Play in the moment and think about how you pulled together this season when we were down 3 guys. You played as a f***ing team.

I don’t know why they reverted to last year’s team but it is infuriating.

I have homework to do so I’ll probably just follow along here. It worked in 2013.

Sorry but their piss poor play has soured me on the team and I don’t think I will ever look at them the same.

If these guys are reading this stop playing scared. Simplify your game. Play as a team. Don’t think about the future. Stay in the present. You can beat these guys. You need to believe in yourselves like your fans have since October. Play a full 60 minute game. Start on time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad