GAME 7 - This is why we are fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Game 7 winning team

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ponder this with your morning brew

Henrik Lundqvist said on TNT the Bruins should go with Swayman
I stopped posting last night because I was disappointed.

No matter what, I cannot say that this season wasn't a blast (regular season) .

I wasn't sure their chance at the cup, but I certainly don't expect them to be one and done.

I think (after watching him move last night) that Linus is playing hurt, and Sway needs to go in.

The D isn't as good as I had hoped it would be. Lindy and Orlov should be better (after watching them in the regular season).. I like Cliffy but he did not look good. Grizz should be in.

I believe Pasta has been playing hurt (who wouldn't be after being hit hard as often as he has) but I loved his effort last night. I wish the Bs would hit their star player as hard as they are hitting Pasta.

So. I will support this team to whatever end and hope you will too.

Me and @GahdenRinkRat will be there tomorrow cheering on our boys.

Do I think they will win??? I say MAYBE

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Let's go B's, some of us still have faith in you.

I believe they can win, and will.

At this time of year the question is beside the point, but do they deserve to win?

No. They don't.

Fan is short for fanatic.

That's why we're all fans, and why we belong to this board.

As noted elsewhere, playoff hockey is many things. "Fun" is not one of them.

Also, as noted elsewhere, Bad Fan has tuned out these games when it is intuitively clear to him that "They don't have it tonight" and he does not seek to witness a slow motion train wreck.

Even so, I will be in attendance Sunday, 30 April @ 6:30 pm.

Sharp.

Be there or be square,

:bruins

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
Thing is, they have right now zero confidence for Ullmark. We see time after time bad defensive plays because defence tries to go too close for shooter and that means extra space in slots. How many goals have they scored from there in these last game? 4 goals last game. Way they play on defensive zone has changed from regular season.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
37 and 46 cannot end there careers being booed off the ice with the Panthers celebrating in our barn

The bruins simply must win
IMO #37 still looks great and if he wants to would be welcome back next season.

How he even dare. He is personally responsible for two last losses. Flashback for tuukka. Hopefully Bruins sell him this summer regardless whatever happens with playoffs.
:thumbd:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I stopped posting last night because I was disappointed.

No matter what, I cannot say that this season wasn't a blast (regular season) .

I wasn't sure their chance at the cup, but I certainly don't expect them to be one and done.

I think (after watching him move last night) that Linus is playing hurt, and Sway needs to go in.

The D isn't as good as I had hoped it would be. Lindy and Orlov should be better (after watching them in the regular season).. I like Cliffy but he did not look good. Grizz should be in.

I believe Pasta has been playing hurt (who wouldn't be after being hit hard as often as he has) but I loved his effort last night. I wish the Bs would hit their star player as hard as they are hitting Pasta.

So. I will support this team to whatever end and hope you will too.

Me and @GahdenRinkRat will be there tomorrow cheering on our boys.

Do I think they will win??? I say MAYBE
Agree with all but a loss tomorrow would totally wipe out the regular season for me ,next season I could care less what they do during the regular season,just make the playoffs if they’re the 8 seed and only clinch the last game of the season,I would be fine with it.But let’s hope they pull it out,they have to start Swayman no choice really.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I don't really like the narrative that they've quit and don't care and are mentally weak.

They've fought back from 6 (!) deficits in the last 2 games.

That's not a weak team. Certainly they have issues, and I'm extremely concerned. Weak players? Yes, seems obvious. But not the team as a whole.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Coming home up 3-1 nobody would have questioned him starting.

Ullmark's comments after Game 5 bothered me

I have learned over the years that athletes speaking in a second language never show emotion.

On top of that goalies are weirdos anyway, most don’t see the world the way normies see it

I remember ppl accusing Tuukka of not caring because of some of the things he’d say and it’s like- the guy that threw arguably the biggest tantrum in goalie history after losing an AHL SHOOTOUT? He doesn’t care???

With all that said I do sit Ullmark for game 7 but it’s not because of his mindset- he is clearly not 100%. I don’t know how we can justify tossing him out there when the backup is also an elite netminder who is fresh and healthy

They win tonight despite everything if Gryz played for Clifton. That was one of the bigger meltdown games I’ve seen a Bruin have. IIRC @Hookslide was saying we’d regret him come playoff time months back and time certainly hasn’t proven him wrong. He’s too reckless. Just don’t make that mistake again Monty!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Of course they play smack dab in the middle of my men’s league playoff game tomorrow night.

Whatever.

I’ll stream/listen to what I can.

I remember TiVoing Game 7 in 2008 against the Canadiens and some shithead classmate of mine spoiled the game for me as we were leaving school.

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The faith has been shaken but not broken. I am shocked at how badly the Bruins' D has buckled. I knew the Panthers' offense had the potential to cause us trouble - teams that play with genuine speed and are able to get lots of rubber and bodies to the net had been one of the few things that really troubled us during the regular season, and Florida can do that in spades. So the challenge was there. But to get caved in this badly, in the playoffs when things should tighten up and you're supposed to be bringing your best defensive effort? That's really surprising. I don't want to get drawn into comparisons between coaches but I will simply say that whatever else you think of them Cassidy and Julien were/are masters of the art of defensive tactics. Monty still has some ways to go to prove he can marshal the back end similarly when it matters most.

I'm disappointed to at how the goaltender situation has been handled. It's been discussed enough so suffice to say it's been poor and it's become an Achilles heel that should never have been allowed to get this bad and into this awkward a situation. I think at this point just throw the keys to Swayman and hope for the best. There can be absolutely no judgment on him if it doesn't work out.

Do that, get the D pairs right, Clifton or Forbort out, Gryz back in, and get the whole team playing desperate, physical but smart/sensible hockey. They showed in games 3 and 4 that they know how to take care of business against this opponent, even in G5 they were for the most part comfortably the better team but the final execution was lacking. Get back to what they were doing well, trust in your processes and plays, trust and support each other, and get the job done.

Even if Boston gets through, they're going to need to play a hell of a lot better to have a hope in the 2nd round. But that's a problem only worth worrying about if they actually get there. For now, all that matters is Sunday evening at the Garden.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
hope they win but i wont be watching.
ruined my weekend already.
while the guy who is mainly to blame is probably talking about goldfish and prob doesnt care one bit.
they lose tomorrow it just shows how these guys just fold with any type of pressure. getting that record and presidents trophy was the worst thing for this fragile group.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If you listened to Morning Bru this morning you heard Razor say it:

Would be unprecedented to sit your Vezina goalie here. They say it's gotta be Linus game 7 :help:
Not when he is hurt and he is can literally tell looking at him,this is the Rask thing all over again,and Swayman isn’t your typical back up goalie he played close to 40 games 36,37 wasn’t it.

How do we feel about Krejci’s game last night? Is Montgomery better off going back to Zacha & bringing Frederic back in with Hall & Coyle? I thought Krejci looked rusty & slow, total non factor
Only time I noticed him was when he crashed into the net.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
How do we feel about Krejci’s game last night? Is Montgomery better off going back to Zacha & bringing Frederic back in with Hall & Coyle? I thought Krejci looked rusty & slow, total non factor
It wasn’t good. No speed, no shots on goal…not sure how Monty plays him tomorrow but my guess is he will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad