GAME 7 - This is why we are fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Game 7 winning team

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

May 29, 2013
How do we feel about Krejci’s game last night? Is Montgomery better off going back to Zacha & bringing Frederic back in with Hall & Coyle? I thought Krejci looked rusty & slow, total non factor
I thought the ref carried the puck longer than he did. Totally non-existent on the ice, should not have played.

Reactions: GordonHowe

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i only saw the 3rd period. but how does that hand pass review work?
was it a coaches challenge?
and how long can the play go on after the hand pass to call off a goal?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If you listened to Morning Bru this morning you heard Razor say it:

Would be unprecedented to sit your Vezina goalie here. They say it's gotta be Linus game 7 :help:
So, am I the only one who thinks Linus is moving like he is injured?

I honestly believe he is hurt and so IMO Sway must start game 7.

No matter which net minder is in the D HAS to be better. Cliffy has to sit, Grizz has to play and what the hell is up with Lindy and Orlov??

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
If they can clean up the unforced errors that have been killing them in this series i give them a very good chance at winning.

If they continue too make it harder on themselves i have no faith.

Put gryz and freddy back in. Sit clifton or forbort, i wish it could be both but one of them will be in.

Play Swayman. Ullmark has cost them two straight. He’s not right.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If they can clean up the unforced errors that have been killing them in this series i give them a very good chance at winning.

If they continue too make it harder on themselves i have no faith.

Put gryz and freddy back in. Sit clifton or forbort, i wish it could be both but one of them will be in.

Play Swayman. Ullmark has cost them two straight. He’s not right.
I would like to know what was Montgomery’s reason was for going back to Clifton in the first place,did he blame him for the OT goal

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Same feeling as 2019 game 7. Pure confidence. For what it is worth...

Legacies will be destroyed if the Bruins lose this one.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Game sevens are when you learn a lot about a team....and in this case it is also about the coach and his willingness to make tough and in some cases unpopular decisions

lots of decisions...some easy and some not..here are four

the easy
sit Cliffy....a minus 3 in just over 12 minutes and his play looked worse than that...he looked a bad combination of motionless and happy feet and a total lack of focus

the less easy
bring Freddy or Lauko back in and sit Uncle Nick - I kept waiting for him to throw a statement check but his lack of speed kept him a step behind

the not so easy
sit Krejci...one of my all time favorite players but he just don't look ready...hate to say this but sitting him out is a move I would make and reunite the Zacha- Pasta- Bertuzzi line

the ultimate not easy decision
changing goalies- Ullmark looks like a bad combination of not physically 100% and lacking in confidence. His D hasn't been much help to him but he has looked like a totally different goalie from the regular season. Sitting the up coming Vezina winner in a game seven sounds unthinkable and yet this team looks like it has lost confidence in him.

we shall see what the game seven line-up looks like .....my bet is the only change we see is Clifford out.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I would like to know what was Montgomery’s reason was for going back to Clifton in the first place,did he blame him for the OT goal

Probably figured Clifton could play goalie better if someone makes a horrific turnover and Ullmark is flailing around so he has to cover the net like Gryz had to do twice on Wednesday.

Unfortunately clifton ended up being the one who turned the puck over instead

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Don't win and it'll erase the greatest season ever and greatest collapse ever will be what were remembered for . Greatest points gap ever between teams in the first round 🤦

Just win

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
If Ullmark is hurt then shame on him for not voicing it ..it's a team game...you want your TEAM to win ... If Ullmark is hurt and told the coaches ..then shame on them for not making the logical choice and starting Sway ....If Ullmark isn't hurt then he's got serious issues with high pressure playoff jitters because he's played worse than a Zamboni driver ....all this points to one thing ....start Sway ...see what he has ..you already know what you have in Ullmark this series. If it works out then ride Sway into the next series.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Bruins will win game 7. They are a far better team than Florida by miles. Goal tending has let them down. Got skinned on the hand pass call. They proved the can beat Bobrovsky. Just need to someone to knock diver Tkachuk on his ass a couple of times and ring his bell. Monty and the powers that be have some decisions to make. It's all on them going into game 7. Go Bruins!

Jockularity

Jan 17, 2019
Game sevens are when you learn a lot about a team....and in this case it is also about the coach and his willingness to make tough and in some cases unpopular decisions

lots of decisions...some easy and some not..here are four

the easy
sit Cliffy....a minus 3 in just over 12 minutes and his play looked worse than that...he looked a bad combination of motionless and happy feet and a total lack of focus

the less easy
bring Freddy or Lauko back in and sit Uncle Nick - I kept waiting for him to throw a statement check but his lack of speed kept him a step behind

the not so easy
sit Krejci...one of my all time favorite players but he just don't look ready...hate to say this but sitting him out is a move I would make and reunite the Zacha- Pasta- Bertuzzi line

the ultimate not easy decision
changing goalies- Ullmark looks like a bad combination of not physically 100% and lacking in confidence. His D hasn't been much help to him but he has looked like a totally different goalie from the regular season. Sitting the up coming Vezina winner in a game seven sounds unthinkable and yet this team looks like it has lost confidence in him.

we shall see what the game seven line-up looks like .....my bet is the only change we see is Clifford out.
Yep, regardless of what we think, Monty has some crucial decisions to make in advance of Game 7. Let's see what he does to get the most out of this team, and of course to have us fans starting off our week on a high note!

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Poster blaming injury on Ullmark's garbage playoffs is gold. If he is then fire the coach

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
There's very little chance they sit Krejci, Foligno or Linus. You guys aren't paying attention imho if you think they will (unless someone is for real injured).

Cliffy is the one definite.

Reactions: 13Hockey

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Marchand - Bergeron - Debrusk

Bertuzzi - Zacha - Pastrnak

Hall - Krejci - Coyle

Frederic - Nosek - Hathaway

Grez- McAvoy
Lindholm- Carlo
Forbort- Orlov

Swayman

Foligno is out. Sorry but candy corn and hugs doesn't cut it.
Krejci not fast enough for the second line.
Ullmark is not in the right state of mind and likely fighting an injury. You go with Swayman.
Monty has been out coached this series.
I dont think Krejci could play wing right now. He, IMO, is a center or a scratch.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
So, am I the only one who thinks Linus is moving like he is injured?

I honestly believe he is hurt and so IMO Sway must start game 7.

No matter which net minder is in the D HAS to be better. Cliffy has to sit, Grizz has to play and what the hell is up with Lindy and Orlov??
You are not the only one. I think he's been injured the whole series.

I have no idea what the hell happened to Lindholm.

Orlov has played completely recklessly for the last two-plus games.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I’m just shell shocked.
Right, but we’ve felt this feeling before with this franchise.

Now the question is, do you roll “your guys” out there for Game 7 and stick with Krejci and Ullmark, or do you roll the dice and make some fundamental changes?

Either way, Montgomery opens himself up to some major second guesses if whatever plan he goes with doesn’t work.

I keep coming back to what feels like a sense of complacency.

Go down a goal early? No sweat.

We’ll come back and tie it.
We’re the greatest team ever.

They’re very very talented, but at some point you’ve got to respect the game and respect your opponent.

They have the horses to catch up if they fall behind, but the old saying rings true; catch up hockey is losing hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad