Post-Game Talk: GAME #3 - BRUINS heading home with 4 out of 6 points with 4-1 win in Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Krejci is playing horrible most likely due to surgery and not a full camp

But we really need to give him some line mates

Spooner and Heinen ain't cutting it

Hopefully Thursday we'll see

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Beleskey Krejci Backes

As our top 6 Beleskey and Krejci always play well together and Backes will be a big boost Krejci needs rugged wingers

100%! I approve of this message.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
People crapping on Heinen in his 3rd professional hockey game is ridiculous. But I guess we need to complain about something after a win.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
In regards to Heinen - I can see the skill and smarts but he's very weak on the puck and is physically overmatched along the boards. He looks smaller than his 6'1, 185 that he's listed at.

I don't doubt he'll get it eventually... it just hasn't happened yet and may need some time in Providence once the team is healthy to work on his game.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think the third game of the season is a bit early in the season for that to have any measurable effect. Over the course of the whole season, sure, but not likely this early.

Good point.

Also, its been 3 games against 3 bad teams. Not a real test of anything yet.

But 2-1 much better than 0-3 of last season.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Looks like Heinen is getting the Loui treatment. Maybe if he went out and plastered someone into the board. :naughty:

Pretty much.

The offense will come.

He's not hurting this team defensively. His positioning is solid.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
People crapping on Heinen in his 3rd professional hockey game is ridiculous. But I guess we need to complain about something after a win.

He was not noticeable.

I don't hate the guy or anything, but I really don't think people are being unreasonable by pointing out that his contribution so far is underwhelming...

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
In regards to Heinen - I can see the skill and smarts but he's very weak on the puck and is physically overmatched along the boards. He looks smaller than his 6'1, 185 that he's listed at.

I don't doubt he'll get it eventually... it just hasn't happened yet and may need some time in Providence once the team is healthy to work on his game.

He needs to go on the Pasta diet :nod:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He was not noticeable.

I don't hate the guy or anything, but I really don't think people are being unreasonable by pointing out that his contribution so far is underwhelming...

He's playing on the 2nd line, getting tougher match-ups, has played both wings, and the two veterans on his line aren't exactly carrying their weight offensively.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
As long as people are bringing up Loui Eriksson, I'll say that he was the most boring, under impacting 60 point forward I think I've ever seen on this team.

Extremely happy that we have a guy like Backes here over him, even if David won't touch those point totals.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He's playing on the 2nd line, getting tougher match-ups, has played both wings, and the two veterans on his line aren't exactly carrying their weight offensively.

True. But they're still more noticeable than Heinen.

I'm not saying trade him. I'm not saying send him down. I'm saying that I haven't seen much from the guy and I'm hoping to see more. I wouldn't call that "crapping" all over a guy. I'd call that having a measured opinion on what I see on the ice.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I don't know why in the **** it took CJ so long to finally come to grips with something the majority of the board has been saying for two years but yes...it is predictably working and letting Chara play at a higher level during 5v5 play and shorthanded situations.

I liked you better when you were Grumpy.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Exactly.

When Bergeron comes back, you try Backes on the 2nd line with Spooner and DK, and move Heinen down to the 3rd line, where Jimmy Hayes is currently doing nothing against weaker players.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Nice to see Carlo see big minutes and perform. Chara was exceptional as well. I'm sure that helped. That plus mobility and reach give him the ability to recover when he makes mistakes.

Rask was great.

Krejci is barely capable of playing at an NHL level right now. I honestly worry about his health playing a step behind both physically and mentally.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I think we might have something special with Carlo.

Reminds me of Dougie but so much more calm with the puck. Can't believe the kid is only 19.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Heinen was even, and is a rookie.

Hayes was -1, and is in his 6th year as a pro.

One has a lot more upside than the other.

Hard to blame anyone on that Wheeler goal though. Maybe the D for not being more aware of the clock. Did Rask slam the stick to let them know it was ending? Don't remember, but that -1 was certainly not on Hayes.

Also, I thought Acciari's mini battle with Chabot was great. Acciari had a bad giveaway on the PK but he did more good than bad.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Krejci is playing horrible most likely due to surgery and not a full camp

But we really need to give him some line mates

Spooner and Heinen ain't cutting it

Hopefully Thursday we'll see

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Beleskey Krejci Backes

As our top 6 Beleskey and Krejci always play well together and Backes will be a big boost Krejci needs rugged wingers

I really prefer Backes as the center on the third line once PB37 is healthy. However, Krejci needs a boost right now until he gets his game going.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Exactly.

When Bergeron comes back, you try Backes on the 2nd line with Spooner and DK, and move Heinen down to the 3rd line, where Jimmy Hayes is currently doing nothing against weaker players.

Absolutely.

And if for some insane reason Hayes continues to get a free ride on the 3rd line, Heinen plays the type of defensively and positionaly sound game that could function on the 4th line if need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad