Post-Game Talk: GAME #3 - BRUINS heading home with 4 out of 6 points with 4-1 win in Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Marchy-bergy-pasta
Beleksky-Dk-Backes
Nash-Spooner-heinen
Schaller-moore-acciari

Hayes sits. Heinen and cznarik take turns at rw on third line till vatrano comes back, which I hope to see on Dk's left when healthy.

Rask has 2 assists and you havn't got him on one of the top 2 lines?? Geez, come on man, get your lines right, lol..

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I don't look at the RHD-LHD setup as a total necessary. And I know that CJ is not the only coach who does.

Regardless, glad to see what should have happened before is happening now.

They didn't have a RHD either, unless you wanted Kevan or McQuaid out there. :laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Very Good:
Moore, Rask, C Miller, Carlo, Pasta

Good:
Backes, Marchand

Very Not Good:
Krej, 3rd Line

Invisible:
Heinen - I didn't hear his name mentioned once in that game

You mean Kemp-heinen? :sarcasm:

I like him, but didn't see much out of him tonight.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Thought I just had on Chara - It's amazing how much better he looks when he's not constantly relied on to cover for a weak partner's mistakes like he was doing for the best part of the last two years. When he can just play his game and do his own job, he's still a pretty damned good D-man.

100% truth. It drove me nuts watching Z trying to cover two positions too much of the time due to his partners' egregious mistakes. Seems so far that Carlo is a pretty smart player and doesn't try to do too much. Hope that continues because Z still has something left in the tank provided he's not overused and isn't relied on to be superman.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
This was my wish list in the pregame thread:

...my top request for tonight is for scoring from any of the non-Marchand lines. Maybe a tally or two from the defense as well? Pretty please?
PASS - Goals from Moore, Chara, and Carlo.

The Bruins also need better offensive zone entries and a better forecheck. I'd like a return of the cycling buzzsaw we saw during the latter half of the Columbus game.
FAIL - They spent too much time scrambling in their defensive zone.

I don't like Claude's second line, it has zero grit. It's not a line that's going to win many board battles.
FAIL - Nothing happened tonight to change my opinion on the Krejci line.

I hope we get more from the surgery boys. Krejci and Krug's on-the-job rehabbing has not been encouraging so far. They look a step behind, both physically and mentally.
FAIL - They both looked marginally better tonight, but still aren't where they need to be.

The PK has been looking pretty good, but the PP needs to step it up.
PUSH - PK still performing, PP not doing much

Finally, I'm hoping for a solid goaltending effort tonight. No softies, please.
PASS - Tuukka was excellent. Thank god.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Thought I just had on Chara - It's amazing how much better he looks when he's not constantly relied on to cover for a weak partner's mistakes like he was doing for the best part of the last two years. When he can just play his game and do his own job, he's still a pretty damned good D-man.

That and not being counted on for PP minutes every night.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Looks like Heinen is getting the Loui treatment. Maybe if he went out and plastered someone into the board. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad