Post-Game Talk: GAME #3 - BRUINS heading home with 4 out of 6 points with 4-1 win in Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
3 games into the season and you're hoping Krejci gets hurt and goes on IR..You do realize he just had surgery?? Never mind, not worth it..

Definitely don't think he was at all saying he "hopes" Krejci gets hurt.

More like he still looks injured.

The guy has had two hip surgeries. I'm very afraid the glory days with Krejci are behind us.

Do you all remember DK for the first ~20 games last year. The guy has so, so, so much talent when he is capable of playing the game at top speed. Maybe one of the most talented players in the game. But, injuries slow him down and he simply can't keep the pace up much of the time being a top line player. It's really too bad.

edit: also, making a post just to say "nevermind, not worth it" lolz

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He was not noticeable.

I don't hate the guy or anything, but I really don't think people are being unreasonable by pointing out that his contribution so far is underwhelming...
Underwhelming, yes, but the middle 6 continues to be so as well. He played well with Backes and Pastrnak in the preseason. It could be him and or his line mates. However, people can not expect every prospect that plays on the main roster to be just like Pastrnak. I find it equally disingenuous to compare him to Caron after 3 professional games. He could probably use some time in Providence, but people seem to forget there currently is an important player on the Bruins who had two professional seasons under his belt and only registered an assist in his first 20 NHL games. I'm not saying Heinen will become that player, all I'm saying is that each prospect develops differently and to conclude that Heinen is Caron, a bust, after 3 professional hockey games is laughable in my opinion.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I really prefer Backes as the center on the third line once PB37 is healthy. However, Krejci needs a boost right now until he gets his game going.

That's what I'd like to see in the playoffs if we make it have 3 elite centers down the middle but as you said Krejci needs Backes right now until he is 100% and on one of his hot streaks where he goes 10 games in a row with points

Like I said earlier I'd go

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Beleskey Krejci Backes

Play the top 6 heavy

Than 3rd be the kids line

Heinen Spooner Czarnik

4th line

Nash Moore Hayes/Accari

And role Moore as 3rd line center if winning in 3rd period

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
That's what I'd like to see in the playoffs if we make it have 3 elite centers down the middle but as you said Krejci needs Backes right now until he is 100% and on one of his hot streaks where he goes 10 games in a row with points

Beleskey Krejci Backes

Play the top 6 heavy

Heinen Spooner Czarnik

4th line

Nash Moore Hayes/Accari

And role Moore as 3rd line center of winning in 3rd period

I agree with this . Krejci needs some grit with him to be effective.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Absolutely.

And if for some insane reason Hayes continues to get a free ride on the 3rd line, Heinen plays the type of defensively and positionaly sound game that could function on the 4th line if need be.

I agree that Heinen has not been anything special, but he hasn't hurt the team either. IMO, his upside is so much higher than anything Hayes is going to give you.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada

Beleskey Krejci Backes

Play the top 6 heavy

Heinen Spooner Czarnik

4th line

Nash Moore Hayes/Accari

And role Moore as 3rd line center of winning in 3rd period

Agree with everything said here. To me Spooner is not playing at an NHL level on the wing. Have to move him back to C and let Bels go hammer some people and create room for Krejci/Backes. When Vatrano comes back he goes on Krejci's wing in what could be a decent 2nd line. Than Bels moves down to create space for Spoons and hopefully someone playing well.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Good night.

B's win, Blue Jays lose. Only thing that would have been better would have been holding onto my 10 point FF lead. My opponent had David Johnson going, so I wasn't hopeful. Last time I checked, he had put up 37 points :laugh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I agree that Heinen has not been anything special, but he hasn't hurt the team either. IMO, his upside is so much higher than anything Hayes is going to give you.

Without question.

Not to beat a dead horse, Jimmy Hayes now scoreless in 19 consecutive games dating back to last season. His last point, Feb. 24.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I don't understand the dislike for Liles...

After 3 games, no other defenseman has helped to generate more shots than Liles 5on5. (Colin Miller is second, while Chara and Carlo have the best combination of shots for/against.)

Liles also leads the team in blocked shots and is the only defenseman without a giveaway (next lowest is 2).

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I can't stand Jack anymore. First couple of years it was OK, but as time has gone on, he just continues to wear on me to the point where I just can't listen to his nonsense anymore.

Brick must wear earplugs or something.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Four points out of six on the road to start the season, without Bergeron.

I agree with Kluzak's comments during the break about Chara's disallowed goal - technically it's the right call, but in a league in need of more offense, the rule needs to be changed. It had no bearing on the goal, and it is a major buzz kill.

Was very happy to see Chara get the empty netter at the end to notch his first of the year (again).

Carlo must be on Cloud Nine tonight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

After 3 games, no other defenseman has helped to generate more shots than Liles 5on5. (Colin Miller is second, while Chara and Carlo have the best combination of shots for/against.)

Liles also leads the team in blocked shots and is the only defenseman without a giveaway (next lowest is 2).

I don't get it either. It's as if some people made up their mind that he's garbage and won't acknowledge that he's actually fairly steady

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Just some observations from tonight and the first three games.

• Carlo has officially become interesting. His first game was solid. He was a bit shakier, though still solid against the Leafs. This game against Winni, though, he was very good. Aside from one terrible cross ice pass, he was moving the puck out of the zone very effectively. It is going to be very interesting watching him this season and see what he turns into.
  • O'Gara has had the same thing happen to him three games in a row, where he either doesn't make a decision fast enough or he gets his pocket picked. He needs to learn how fast players in the NHL are compared to what he's gone against previously. The good thing is these have all pretty much been very teachable incidents. Of course, he could continue to make a blatant screw up or two a game and still be better than McQuaid or Miller.
  • Hell of a road performance for Rask tonight. Hope to see more of that this season.
  • The team is starved for quality wingers with Backes playing center. From what I'm seeing, I think you have to play him with Krejci once Bergeron is back. This is where Chiarelli screwed us, as you'd expect to have someone in Providence you could call up to play some shifts. If any of the scoring wingers get injured, it is going to get ugly for a while.
  • I think I've got a bead on Colin Miller. Adequate on the PP. Good on transition defense. Adequate on the boards when he's got his guy in front of him. Pretty bad when he's on his man's back. If he can start getting his shot through while keeping it low on the PP, he might turn into a good PP blueliner.
  • Dominic Moore is an excellent Kelly replacement. Rangers fans said he was cooked last season, but he certainly appears to have a jump in his step. I think this is going to be a great pickup for this season.
  • Riley Nash appears to be good on the dot and Acciari should be commended for his relentlessness but these two brothers couldn't be less effective if they held their sticks with their feet. That's a real shame as these two give Clode exactly what he wants out of 4th liners.
  • Heinen's going to need some time. Whether it is in Boston or Providence, I'm not sure. Doesn't mean anything, as most rookie wingers are invisible.
  • Krejci and his line are suffering badly from lousy zone entries. They aren't doing much of anything on those rare occasions they get the puck over the line but the real problem is the entries - something Krejci is usually very good at. I'd be worried, but it's Krejci. He'll look like garbage for a week or two then go insane for 20 games. Sun rises, sun sets.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Come on clode stop with the spooner on a wing stuff already.

May 29, 2013
i was imprressed by Moore's play tonight. He definitely was above average on both teams.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I can't stand Jack anymore. First couple of years it was OK, but as time has gone on, he just continues to wear on me to the point where I just can't listen to his nonsense anymore.

Brick must wear earplugs or something.

Yes and then you have Andy (Ed McMahon) Brickley who laughs at most everything that Jack says because he has no follow up comment to the weird Jack statements.

I certainly appreciate his smooth and calm play. We could've definitely done worse.

Thought Miller and Liles worked really well together on the PP.

Yes there was a PP that was unproductive but it showed that given more time they can become a very good tandem on the points. They looked great together!
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
park towers:
Carlo leads the league in plus minus at 7, nearest rookie is plus 2. Tonight underweight Connor minus 2.

If there's a "rookie of the month for October he's a shoe-in!:yo::handclap:

I think we've got a "keeper" in him.

Bobbysands

Oct 14, 2016
Excuse my ignorance, new to the game.

How good was Dominic Moore at his peak?

I love the way he goes about it..

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Rask was very good last night as was the 4th line and at times our top line, lines 3 and 4 are struggling. The D all had their rough moments, Krug is really struggling, looks like he is still recovering from that surgery. It was great to pull that one out, it seemed in the 1st 2 periods that Boston was just hanging on.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad