Post-Game Talk: GAME #3 - BRUINS heading home with 4 out of 6 points with 4-1 win in Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I can't stand Jack anymore. First couple of years it was OK, but as time has gone on, he just continues to wear on me to the point where I just can't listen to his nonsense anymore.

Brick must wear earplugs or something.

My disdain for Edwards is well documented.

I think Brickley has lost his fastball as well. Could be a product of working with Edwards, but I wouldn't be upset if they hit the reset button on the broadcast team.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I don't understand the dislike for Liles...

After 3 games, no other defenseman has helped to generate more shots than Liles 5on5. (Colin Miller is second, while Chara and Carlo have the best combination of shots for/against.)

Liles also leads the team in blocked shots and is the only defenseman without a giveaway (next lowest is 2).

He's been solid plus excellent speed.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I know it is early in the season , but so far biggest differences from last year, Rask much better, the 2 rookie D guys have made a difference in a good way and guys like Schaller, Nash. Moore, Acciari and Czarnik bringing a lot more to the 4th line with the way they battle on every shift so much better than what we had last year with Talbot, Ferraro and Kemppainen.

Once all the injured guys are back we would have 15 forwards and 9 Dmen, who gets sent down? I hope they find a trade to deal McQuaid for a 4th or 5th something like that, no room for him anymore, loved what he has done for the B's over the years, but time for him to go he is injured a lot and I think the young guys have all passed him.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
im gonna have to bite the bullet and get directv again.
i dont think i can watch a whole season streaming in sd.

looks so horrible on a 50" tv.

team looks alot faster.
tuukka looks solid
pasta is ready for a breakout. hes got opposing d on their heels out there. first guy ee hsve seen thst from since seguin

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I know it is early in the season , but so far biggest differences from last year, Rask much better, the 2 rookie D guys have made a difference in a good way and guys like Schaller, Nash. Moore, Acciari and Czarnik bringing a lot more to the 4th line with the way they battle on every shift so much better than what we had last year with Talbot, Ferraro and Kemppainen.

Once all the injured guys are back we would have 15 forwards and 9 Dmen, who gets sent down? I hope they find a trade to deal McQuaid for a 4th or 5th something like that, no room for him anymore, loved what he has done for the B's over the years, but time for him to go he is injured a lot and I think the young guys have all passed him.

I'd like to see Czarnik go down and center DeBrusk. I think that could benefit both players, Providence and Boston long term

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Nice big win Rask shut the door tonight. The Bruins players did the job especially the young defenders.

one stretch had the boys not allow the Jets a shot for over 10 mins in the 3rd...impressive

Krejci looks lost so far out there, hoping it`s all rust being shaken off but Rask now with more points on the year:amazed:

I may get in trouble for this but liked Hayes hustle last night and thought C Miller had a nice game too

Ultimately, this was Rask doing what he will most likely be called upon to do alot this year, make big saves when the team needs it most and he did just that in the first two periods, this could have gotten ugly

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Through 3 games, the Bruins have allowed six 1st period goals, one in the 2nd, and one in the 3rd.

In every game the D and overall team defense looked shaky in the early going, and once they settled in they weren't bad.

Not surprising the starts have been shaky in their own end given they have essentially two 1st year pros back there.

If the Bruins can get off to better starts (and they should as Carlo and O'Gara get more comfortable), they should be alright.

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
When Vatrano returns, I'd like to see:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Spooner - Krejci - Vatrano
Beleskey - Backes - Czarnik*
Heinen** - Moore - Hayes

Extra: Acciari

* Assuming he can play RW and bounces back from his injury.
** The Marchand route to start. He hasn't been bad, hasn't been great. Could learn playing with Moore.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
one stretch had the boys not allow the Jets a shot for over 10 mins in the 3rd...impressive

Krejci looks lost so far out there, hoping it`s all rust being shaken off but Rask now with more points on the year:amazed:

I may get in trouble for this but liked Hayes hustle last night and thought C Miller had a nice game too

Ultimately, this was Rask doing what he will most likely be called upon to do alot this year, make big saves when the team needs it most and he did just that in the first two periods, this could have gotten ugly

He did ok however that 3rd line is blahhhhh.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Even in preseason, Hayes hustle/effort level has been good. Nothing to complain about there so far.

But he's got to start producing at some point if he's going to be in the line-up. Doesn't even have to be a big producer, but right now it's a big run of zeroes for far to many games now. 19 game pointless streak going, that doesn't cut it for a 4th line enforcer, let alone Hayes. And this is with PP time.

How long will this pointless streak have to last before the Bruins pull the plug on Hayes and at least send him to the pressbox.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
When Vatrano returns, I'd like to see:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Spooner - Krejci - Vatrano
Beleskey - Backes - Czarnik*
Heinen** - Moore - Hayes

Extra: Acciari

* Assuming he can play RW and bounces back from his injury.
** The Marchand route to start. He hasn't been bad, hasn't been great. Could learn playing with Moore.

From initial reports I saw, Vatrano will be out until December, and then he's got to get back in game shape after not being able to skate for a few months. That's a long way off.

Nash has been solid and he signed a two year deal. He will be in the starting lineup this year at least.

Right now, I would like to see:

63-37-88
43-46-42
39-51-27/11
28-20-55

Heinen has not been spectacular, but he also has not been making a lot of mistakes. I don't think Spooner is a good fit with Krejci on the wing. I think the plan was to give Vatrano a shot on DK's LW before he was injured, but who knows what the situation will be by the time Vatrano gets back.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Even in preseason, Hayes hustle/effort level has been good. Nothing to complain about there so far.

But he's got to start producing at some point if he's going to be in the line-up. Doesn't even have to be a big producer, but right now it's a big run of zeroes for far to many games now. 19 game pointless streak going, that doesn't cut it for a 4th line enforcer, let alone Hayes. And this is with PP time.

How long will this pointless streak have to last before the Bruins pull the plug on Hayes and at least send him to the pressbox.

Yep, just saying, at least he`s moving his feet but 2+ million for donuts on the stat sheet isn`t good. Same to be said for Beleskey. Early I know.

First viewing of Schaller(sp?), liked what I saw, liked the energy of the 4th, not at the level of the Merlot line but first time in a few years where the B`s push a 4th line out there that can put pressure on opposing D`s, and as we saw last night, contribute now and then.

4 pts out of 6.....yes please every time

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I don't understand the dislike for Liles...

After 3 games, no other defenseman has helped to generate more shots than Liles 5on5. (Colin Miller is second, while Chara and Carlo have the best combination of shots for/against.)

Liles also leads the team in blocked shots and is the only defenseman without a giveaway (next lowest is 2).

I didn't like him in game 1, thought he was par in game two and excellent against the Jets.

Unfair?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yep, just saying, at least he`s moving his feet but 2+ million for donuts on the stat sheet isn`t good. Same to be said for Beleskey. Early I know.

First viewing of Schaller(sp?), liked what I saw, liked the energy of the 4th, not at the level of the Merlot line but first time in a few years where the B`s push a 4th line out there that can put pressure on opposing D`s, and as we saw last night, contribute now and then.

Belesky's numbers over that same stretch aren't much better.

I liked Hayes's hustle, and I thought Belesky had his strongest of the first 3 games.

I had a hunch when Schaller was a July 1st signing that the organization thought he had a legit chance to play in Boston this year. Solid 4th line guy, won't hurt you. Does the little things right. Not saying he'll be a line-up fixture but he can help. I'd toss him into the mix of about 15 forwards when everyone is healthy you can make an argument should be playing.

Mr. Make-Believe

A little early on the Heinen negativity.

I disagree with both of you.

Nothing is determined yet with Heinen. Far from being a finished product. Lots of potential.

But if it's too early for negativity on Heinen, then it's also too early for positivity on Carlo. Heinen has not looked as though he belongs in the NHL... yet. He was arguably the highest touted rookie on the roster in respect to the impact he could have this year. Thus far, I've seen little to nothing from him.

Mr. Make-Believe

Didn't like the Moore signing. It appears I may have been wrong.

Fourth line was excellent last night.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Heinen reminds me of Loui quite a bit, you can tell the skill is there, as is the IQ, but he plays very subtly this way and it's not going to show yet. He's not going to barrel around out there or wow you with his speed, he's going to make very smart plays and strip pucks from guys - give him a year between here and providence and he'll show you a lot more next fall

Bummer about Czarnik, I hope he can fully heal and find his game, he could have been very useful early on this year

I'm hoping vatrano can jump right back in but a broken foot is a broken foot. Without being able to skate he's going to look very rusty and a step behind when he comes back so I hope people are ready to cut him some slack

Hopefully Krejci finds his stride soon because he looks bad out there and this team will not survive without at least 60 point Krejci

When is Bergeron supposed to be back?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I'd like to see Czarnik go down and center DeBrusk. I think that could benefit both players, Providence and Boston long term

Yes that makes sense, especially after that dirty hit from Gudas I think time in the AHL would be good for Czarnik. Maybe Heinen as well once Vatrano is back.

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc
I disagree with both of you.

Nothing is determined yet with Heinen. Far from being a finished product. Lots of potential.

But if it's too early for negativity on Heinen, then it's also too early for positivity on Carlo. Heinen has not looked as though he belongs in the NHL... yet. He was arguably the highest touted rookie on the roster in respect to the impact he could have this year. Thus far, I've seen little to nothing from him.

I think he needs some P-bruins time to get more used to the game speed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad