Post-Game Talk: GAME #3 - BRUINS heading home with 4 out of 6 points with 4-1 win in Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I hope McQuaid returns soon. But an overall key to Chara's success thus far is no power play time.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Tuukka lighting it up offensively!!

Seriously though, good to see the B's spreading the offense around...:handclap:

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Liles-C.Miller pairing is really turning out to be the weakest pair...they do a very poor job vs. big physical players, have trouble winning board battles, have trouble clearing the front of net. Not mention just poor decisions with the puck. I don't think they were awful this game but did continually get hemmed in their own zone just throwing the puck around.

Maybe you take those 2 out when healthy and add some combo of Mcquaid-K.Miller-Morrow?

Overall D has surprised.

I don't think it is Liles as much as C. Miller, Miller can do plenty of things well except play under pressure in his own zone. Liles isn't the D man to pair with a guy like that.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Liles-C.Miller pairing is really turning out to be the weakest pair...they do a very poor job vs. big physical players, have trouble winning board battles, have trouble clearing the front of net. Not mention just poor decisions with the puck. I don't think they were awful this game but did continually get hemmed in their own zone just throwing the puck around.

Maybe you take those 2 out when healthy and add some combo of Mcquaid-K.Miller-Morrow?

Overall D has surprised.

I thought Miller was pretty good tonight, and not seeing what you are. Miller was literally the only guy moving the puck on the PP tonight.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Carlo was a homerun

It was obvious he was a player just after being drafted, but I did not expect him to make the line up so soon. That said it doesn't shock me, he's had NHL positioning and thinking for awhile.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Rask with a steal.

Carlo impressive.

Chara not quite dead yet.

Spooner-Krejci-Heinen, terrible.

PP needs work, though I liked that 3 high so to feed the wide guy with some skating momentum instead of flat-footed on the half-wall.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Carlo: home-run pick?

I said back at the time I couldn't believe he dropped as far as he did. There were some pretty good d-men taken above him, but I agree he may very well end up being a home-run pick. No way he can be sent down if he keeps playing like he did the past two games. Cannot forget about O'Gara either. The Bs may well be in a position to move one or two vet d-men.

hollafamer

Jan 24, 2011
Marchy-bergy-pasta
Beleksky-Dk-Backes
Nash-Spooner-heinen
Schaller-moore-acciari

Hayes sits. Heinen and cznarik take turns at rw on third line till vatrano comes back, which I hope to see on Dk's left when healthy.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Very Good:
Moore, Rask, C Miller, Carlo, Pasta

Good:
Backes, Marchand

Very Not Good:
Krej, 3rd Line

Invisible:
Heinen - I didn't hear his name mentioned once in that game

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Positives

- Rask was amazing

- Carlo has such poise for a 19 year old

- O'Gara was solid and played a rugged game

- The 4th line looked good

- The 1st line with another goal produced

- The team didn't crumble after being outshot.

- Hayes was skating and made some decent plays on both ends of the ice

Negatives

- Quite possible the worst game I've seen Krug play

- The Krejci line was invisible again

- Too many stretch passes getting picked off

- I hate to see Pasta carelessly give the puck away with his affinity for drop passes

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

Overall D has surprised.

C. Miller definitely needs to get on the Pasta diet. I thought he played well tonight though.

I imagine that McQ pairs with Krug when he's healthy and O'Gara goes to Providence. Also possible that they take Liles out and move O'Gara back to his natural side with C. Miller. That wouldn't be a bad pairing to try out.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Overall D has surprised.

Why?

Colin Miller had a very good game tonight.

If anything, shuffle the D-pairs around and balance them out with a smaller D (Krug-Colin-Liles) and a larger D (Chara-O'Gara-Carlo).

3 games in and I still see no place for Kevan or McQuaid in this line-up right now.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Rask was solid. Only goal was a stone cold shoot-out style breakaway.

Love what we're seeing in Carlo.
CMiller had some nice skating, movement and passing on the PP.

Pasta gets better with seasoning. :)

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Why?

Colin Miller had a very good game tonight.

If anything, shuffle the D-pairs around and balance them out with a smaller D (Krug-Colin-Liles) and a larger D (Chara-O'Gara-Carlo).

3 games in and I still see no place for Kevan or McQuaid in this line-up right now.

McQuaid needs to play 6 games total at some point.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Bruins won the entire 2015 draft. Case closed

I'm surprised Bruins got Brandon Carlo at 37th overall in 2015..Defencemen usually take 3/4 years before they get a sniff of the NHL but Carlo took 1 year as he was drafted last summer. Really surpeised 36 players went before him. Darn good pick by the Bruins!!

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Good point! What happens when Kevan or McQuaid come back.. Who's going to sit? Chara.lol

Deal with it when it actually happens. If anyone is struggling, give them a night off, if they're all playing well, they get to keep sitting.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
I thought Miller was pretty good tonight, and not seeing what you are. Miller was literally the only guy moving the puck on the PP tonight.

He did look alright on PP..still havent really seen his shot work out but did have good movement.

I just really don't like him in the D zone...bad net front presence, and just not a good fit with Liles

Again...we only let in 1 goal so this is very nit picky, the D played good...and I mean he didnt have a horrible game, I just notice that their pairing had a very difficult time matched up against some of Jets bigger players, especially around the boards and clearing the crease.

It's only 3 games but I have seen it every game now, that pairing is just physically weak and it can hurt.

With D healthy, I won't be missing the Liles-C.Miller pairing.
Thought Carlo, O'Gara, Chara all looked better in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad