Post-Game Talk: GAME #3 - BRUINS heading home with 4 out of 6 points with 4-1 win in Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Very Good:
Moore, Rask, C Miller, Carlo, Pasta

Good:
Backes, Marchand

Very Not Good:
Krej, 3rd Line

Invisible:
Heinen - I didn't hear his name mentioned once in that game

Agreed, except for C Miller. Still not seeing what others are seeing. Not close to very good tonight.

Heinen's had 3 invisible games. Perhaps RW is not his spot at this level.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I hope McQuaide. returns soon. But an overall key to Chara's success thus far is no power play time

I don't know why in the **** it took CJ so long to finally come to grips with something the majority of the board has been saying for two years but yes...it is predictably working and letting Chara play at a higher level during 5v5 play and shorthanded situations.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Good point! What happens when Kevan or McQuaid come back.. Who's going to sit? Chara.lol

I'd like to see them atleast try ROG with C. Miller. I've been very happy with ROG, and he's playing off side. Put ONLY ONE of McQ or K. Miller in the line-up with Krug(not a bad pairing) and put ROG and C. Miller together. Liles to the 9th floor with his buddy Morrow.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Krejci is playing horrible most likely due to surgery and not a full camp

But we really need to give him some line mates

Spooner and Heinen ain't cutting it

Hopefully Thursday we'll see

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Beleskey Krejci Backes

As our top 6 Beleskey and Krejci always play well together and Backes will be a big boost Krejci needs rugged wingers

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
Why?

Colin Miller had a very good game tonight.

If anything, shuffle the D-pairs around and balance them out with a smaller D (Krug-Colin-Liles) and a larger D (Chara-O'Gara-Carlo).

3 games in and I still see no place for Kevan or McQuaid in this line-up right now.

No need to break up the twin towers though

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
How many players can you protect from the expansion draft? Perhaps the Bruins want to keep guys like Hayes Mcquaid and Miller so they don't lose better players with more long term value

hollafamer

Jan 24, 2011
One thing that has really surprised me this season is Zdeno Chara. He still has a lot of trouble getting the puck out of zone but he seems to be moving around a lot better. He doesn't look like a lumbering tower with a long stick like he looked last year. I don't know it could be just me. Maybe no pp time and carlo's reliability has helped him significantly.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I don't know why in the **** it took CJ so long to finally come to grips with something the majority of the board has been saying for two years but yes...it is predictably working and letting Chara play at a higher level during 5v5 play and shorthanded situations.

They never had a second LHD to play the PP well. Liles fills that role.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Thought I just had on Chara - It's amazing how much better he looks when he's not constantly relied on to cover for a weak partner's mistakes like he was doing for the best part of the last two years. When he can just play his game and do his own job, he's still a pretty damned good D-man.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rask had a huge game, Carlo with a confidence booster.

Just sad that they will push McQuaid to that lineup for next game or game against Montreal.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
McQuaid needs to play 6 games total at some point.

For expansion?

If Colin progresses as anticipated (remains to be seen), you protect him, Chara, and Krug.

Kevan Miller covers off the expansion requirements. McQuaid is still exposed regardless of his games played.

That being said, I'm sure McQuaid will get his chance.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He did look alright on PP..still havent really seen his shot work out but did have good movement.

I just really don't like him in the D zone...bad net front presence, and just not a good fit with Liles

Again...we only let in 1 goal so this is very nit picky, the D played good...and I mean he didnt have a horrible game, I just notice that their pairing had a very difficult time matched up against some of Jets bigger players, especially around the boards and clearing the crease.

It's only 3 games but I have seen it every game now, that pairing is just physically weak and it can hurt.

With D healthy, I won't be missing the Liles-C.Miller pairing.
Thought Carlo, O'Gara, Chara all looked better in that regard.

I think he would be much better with a strong, stay at home guy like O'Gara. Not loving Liles so far this year.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

probably because he was one of the team's best PP producers while he was on it.

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
Good thing DS didn't extend kmiller for 4 more years at 4M/yr during the offseason (sarcasm)

Carlo is the real deal!

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
He did look alright on PP..still havent really seen his shot work out but did have good movement.

I just really don't like him in the D zone...bad net front presence, and just not a good fit with Liles

Again...we only let in 1 goal so this is very nit picky, the D played good...and I mean he didnt have a horrible game, I just notice that their pairing had a very difficult time matched up against some of Jets bigger players, especially around the boards and clearing the crease.

It's only 3 games but I have seen it every game now, that pairing is just physically weak and it can hurt.

With D healthy, I won't be missing the Liles-C.Miller pairing.
Thought Carlo, O'Gara, Chara all looked better in that regard.

These are fair points and pretty accurate. Colin definitely needs to get stronger. I think Liles is a bad fit and should not be a pair when everyone is ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad