OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Here are some Thursday questions - I got the day right! (I hope!)

1) Give me your favourite pizza order - type of crust, name toppings, where you want it from, or do you make it yourself?

2) If you could witness one historic event, with no danger to yourself, just as an observer, what would it be?

3) How many siblings do you have? Do you get along or wish you could trade them in? Maybe you are an only child, do you wish you had siblings?

4) Describe the best trip you ever took - what was the favourite memory from that trip? It could just be day trips too, whatever was the best.

5) What is your favourite current TV show - could be an old show but the first time you are watching or something brand new? Tell us how to watch along!

A day late. But I haven't done one in awhile.

1. Regina's Pizza. Cheese pizza or pepperoni just hits the spot for me. Or Brown Jug. Iykyk

2. End of WII. My late grandmother was a war bride from Belgium. She saw a lot of loss. And had lots of losses. I would go back to that moment when WWII was over and to see her reaction. Second place would be the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

3. 3 siblings. 2 sisters, and 1 brother. Older sister, older brother, and 1 younger. I'm the middle child. I get along with my baby sister (she just turned 29 but will always be my baby sister). My older sister, we are two totally different people. We've had many fights. There's been hurt on both sides. I used to say, if she never had any kids (aka my niece's and nephews) I wouldn't speak to her. Since then, I've let go of everything. The anger. The resentment. It doesn't serve me. We've come to an understanding. We've apologized and moved on. I'm too damn old to have a grudge, even though it still hurts. And while I'll never be extremely close with her, maybe one day we will. But we are in a good place now and I'm happy with that. My brother and I get along fine. We are only 3 years apart so we were very close as kids. We look alike. He kind of does his own thing now, but we're cool. As much as we all annoy eachother, we still love eachother at the end of the day. And that's what matters.

4. Best trip? That's hard. I'll go with when we took my niece to see Beetlejuice the musical in New York in 2019. It had been years since I saw my best friends who live there. They got to meet my niece who had only seen pictures and heard of her. Seeing them interact and include her in this magical world of musical theater was beautiful to see. She got to personally meet the actor playing Beetlejuice at the time thanks to one of my friends. It was just...a dream come true. She flew down with my sister, and I took the train. She was 11 then and now she's a feisty 16 year old. Time really Flys. Edited for her privacy.

Screenshot_20240920_154135_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240920_154105_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240920_154052_Gallery.jpg

5. Favorite current tv show is hard. Right now I'll say, My Lady Jane on Amazon Prime.

But I've been re-watching Veep again and it's still hilarious. You can find it on HBO

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Great questions

1) Bar pizza, buffalo chicken. But I also love Leones in Winter Hill, which has thick crust Sicillian pizza.

2) The start of the American Revolution

3) Two living siblings, an older brother and an older sister. We all get along quite well. My sister and I have very similar personalities.

4) We have a top 5 vacation list in the LFD family, but find it impossible to pick just one. In the top 5 are: first family trip to Disney; all-inclusive trip to Jamaica; 25th anniversary trip to Portugal; family trip to Ireland in 2022 for my mom's 80th. I'd say top memory was Portugal, our anniversary is New Year's Eve and we were in Albufuera where about 200,000 people gather at the harbor to ring in the new year.

5) I don't have one. I have people recommend shows to me all the time, but I feel like I can't commit to watching a show. I'd rather watch hockey or read a book.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
1) Give me your favourite pizza order - type of crust, name toppings, where you want it from, or do you make it yourself?

A Slice, preferably a corner, of Sicilian pepperoni from Pinocchio's (Nocch's) in Harvard Square in Cambridge.

2) If you could witness one historic event, with no danger to yourself, just as an observer, what would it be?'

Trying to avoid anything tragic or violent, I think I would probably go with the first flight of the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk. (Special B's edition, Game 7 of the 1970 Stanley Cup finals...)

3) How many siblings do you have? Do you get along or wish you could trade them in? Maybe you are an only child, do you wish you had siblings?

One brother, we are super close and definitely bond over all the Boston sports teams, but the funny part is we are so different that we probably never would have hung out together at all if we were not siblings.

4) Describe the best trip you ever took - what was the favourite memory from that trip? It could just be day trips too, whatever was the best.

Wow, so many good memories of traveling, but in terms of recent travel, our daughter had just graduated from college two years ago, and out son was in college and we were lucky enough to go back to Prince Edward Island, all four of us together, as we had done a number of times when the kids were little. It definitely gets harder to schedule full family travel, but it was so nice to have the opportunity to all be together with the kids as adults.

5) What is your favourite current TV show - could be an old show but the first time you are watching or something brand new? Tell us how to watch along!

Mrs. HHHH and I have been watching seasons of "Alone" for a while now...some episodes are on Netflix and Amazon Prime, but all the seasons are on the Roku Channel

Reactions: Gee Wally and caz16

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

They're not in business anymore, but Leo's Pizzeria in Walpole had an amazing large, New York style pizza they made with chicken, mozzarella, pesto, and tomatoes. One time during midterms in high school, I bought one for myself and ate the entire thing.

2) If you could witness one historic event, with no danger to yourself, just as an observer, what would it be?
For a sports event, probably seeing Super Bowl 36 again but in person. I was only six at the time and remember vaguely seeing it live. I remember the Snow Bowl game against the Raiders more as I was able to stay up for that one. As for non sporting, I would probably say I would want to see the Gettysburg Address. Kinda cliche but eh.

I am an only child with no first cousin and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't wonder about what it would be like to have a brother or sister. There were many times where it would have helped to have had one. Not much that can be done about it now.

The best trip I ever took was when my parents took me to the city of Montreal when I was a kid. It was pre 9/11 too, back when you didn't need a passport to go to Canada from the States. That trip made me love Montreal as a city.

Smiling Friends. An adult animated show that's on adult swim and is done by two guys who got big from their work making animated shorts online. It's probably the funniest show out there right now.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Streaming questions....I know literally extremely little how they work....

What services do you use...
Why those in particular
Cost
Do you get network TV with them
Compare to DTV or Spectrum

For those who live Mass/NH/Maine - if you have Spectrum and get NESN included, can you watch Bruins games or are you blacked out? Need Center Ice?

Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad