Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
He’s a RFA

He is not, he is in fact a UFA.

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 6.07.46 PM.png

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I don't know why Staios being unwilling to pay the current asking price for Ullmark means Ullmark is willing to come here and sign long-term.

If anything we probably haven't even got approval to discuss an extension if the asking price has not been met. Usually that only comes after the return has been established.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Apologies my mistake

Which is why it's good that we're hearing reports that Staios is standing firm and not giving in on the price.

As much as we want the goalie, Boston needs clarity on the situation to know if they can keep Debrusk, and if not, to know if they can somehow replace him via trade or free-agency.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
So as someone else posted above it looks like the end result is something like this:

Our 7th OA & late 1st
for
Ullmark Laughton Geekie late 1st

Look. I like Ullmark so that’s good.
but Scott f***ing Laughton and Geekie?

Scott Laughton just posted a fall off the cliff year…
Morgan Geekie…Are you f***ing kidding me lol

He was left unqualified by Seattle before last season and signed with Boston. His offence hasn’t translated in the NHL and that’s his signature skill…

SCOUTING REPORT
The slick forward has good offensive instincts that led to excellent production numbers in both junior hockey and the AHL. He is good on face-offs, but his defensive play is a work in progress and he will have trouble earning top-six ice time unless it improves. He is best when used in sheltered minutes, starting the majority of his shifts in the attacking zone. Can play either center or wing.

Long Range Potential: Versatile offensive forward with limitations.

I don’t mind Geekie and Laughton if we got them for very little…this is our 7th for a good goalie and transient garbage. Of course if we make the trade I’ll get with it and cheer them on but f*** me.
I just don’t think this can be what we are going to do.
To be fair, Geekie is good on the forecheck and strong on pucks, and he goes to the net, which we could sorely use.

I think he’d be a good acquisition (unlike Laughton), but not for the price outlined.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
I don't know why Staios being unwilling to pay the current asking price for Ullmark means Ullmark is willing to come here and sign long-term.

If anything we probably haven't even got approval to discuss an extension if the asking price has not been met. Usually that only comes after the return has been established.

I think those discussions would be happening in parallel.

In order for Ottawa to meet the asking price, they would need assurances that they could sign Ullmark. They wouldn't meet the price and only then feel out whether he's willing to sign. I mean, Dorion would have. But it doesn't seem like Staios would do that.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
So as someone else posted above it looks like the end result is something like this:

Our 7th OA & late 1st
for
Ullmark Laughton Geekie late 1st

Look. I like Ullmark so that’s good.
but Scott f***ing Laughton and Geekie?

Scott Laughton just posted a fall off the cliff year…
Morgan Geekie…Are you f***ing kidding me lol

He was left unqualified by Seattle before last season and signed with Boston. His offence hasn’t translated in the NHL and that’s his signature skill…

SCOUTING REPORT
The slick forward has good offensive instincts that led to excellent production numbers in both junior hockey and the AHL. He is good on face-offs, but his defensive play is a work in progress and he will have trouble earning top-six ice time unless it improves. He is best when used in sheltered minutes, starting the majority of his shifts in the attacking zone. Can play either center or wing.

Long Range Potential: Versatile offensive forward with limitations.

I don’t mind Geekie and Laughton if we got them for very little…this is our 7th for a good goalie and transient garbage. Of course if we make the trade I’ll get with it and cheer them on but f*** me.
I just don’t think this can be what we are going to do.
Get out of my head, WC! Great post, replying because I can only like once.

• Haha
Reactions: Wondercarrot

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This is one of the few times, if not the first time, that the Sens are on the positive end in a trade where it seems there is only one team.

We’re usually the team getting duped by others because we are backed into a corner.

For once, it seems that the Sens are the only team that Ullmark will go and is actually wanting him.

Im very, very hopeful Staios takes advantage of that. Be the team giving up the shit package that Ottawa usually receives in these situations.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Dorion is actually brilliant.

There is no way for Staios to fix the team without looking worse than Dorion because Dorion spent all the assets building the team, and he signed all his players to unmoveable contracts, or in Chychrun's case acquired a player who could not be extended at the peak of his value.

On top of that, Dorion failed to build a playoff team and hyped playoff expectation since 2021. So now Staios has to try and win to placate Brady because the NMC is coming and be may not want to stay if we fail again, but the team he inherited was not a playoff team.

It's wild stuff. If he manages to salvage this without setting the team back a decade, he is a legend.

Reactions: LiseL and bicboi64

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
If Boston wants 7 or 12, tell them to kick rocks.

Offer the Boston pick, or do the same that Jersey did and offer a protected 1st in 2025

In thinking of that, Sens aren’t even able to offer a protected 2025 are they, because of Dorion.. Jesus man did he ever leave a trail of destruction in his wake.
Nope, it would have to be unprotected. And we'd have to commit to the forfeiture of '26.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I really don't want to give up more assets for a goalie when we're already deprived of futures. If there's a better fit in UFA, for a 1B, fine. Try again with Korpi and dump the resources into the defense.

There's likely never going to be a hot hand to run, so whoever isn't ice cold can play

Reactions: DrEasy

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
This is one of the few times, if not the first time, that the Sens are on the positive end in a trade where it seems there is only one team.

We’re usually the team getting duped by others because we are backed into a corner.

For once, it seems that the Sens are the only team that Ullmark will go and is actually wanting him.

Im very, very hopeful Staios takes advantage of that. Be the team giving up the shit package that Ottawa usually receives in these situations.
The last time we duped someone, the NHL penalized us lol.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

Bruins have other teams interested in Linus, If they don't get the ask from Ottawa he will be shipped out of the division if at all. Plain and simple.

This Simpson guy is out to lunch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad