Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
After listening to Hamonic's interview at the charity golf game where he said he had 2 procedures done on his knees this off-season, he may be good to go on the 3rd pairing alternating with JBD. I think it would be good for Kleven to have Hamonic show him the ropes as he really helped Sanderson when he first started.
Two? ! ! !

Does not sound good for a 34 year old declining vet.

Reactions: Sensators

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Boone Jenner has been through so much as the CLB Captain, Gaudreau and Mirzlerkin death, 3 coaches in 1 year and he stuck his neck out for Babcock last year and got it chopped off but the franchise a few days later, Laine/Dubois and nobody wanting to be in CLB and the Torts meltdown and all the losing on top of that - CLB probably needs him more then ever but at the same time he’s been through so much he also deserves to just be a hockey player.

Would love for the Sens to trade for him and take him into the playoffs. Perfect t player to complete the LW side.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Boone Jenner has been through so much as the CLB Captain, Gaudreau and Mirzlerkin death, 3 coaches in 1 year and he stuck his neck out for Babcock last year and got it chopped off but the franchise a few days later, Laine/Dubois and nobody wanting to be in CLB and the Torts meltdown and all the losing on top of that - CLB probably needs him more then ever but at the same time he’s been through so much he also deserves to just be a hockey player.

Would love for the Sens to trade for him and take him into the playoffs. Perfect t player to complete the LW side.

He's a great player but he'd be kind of wasted on the Sens. He's a center and one of the better faceoff guys in the league.

Some team that is more in need of a quality 2nd/3rd line center will outbid us for him. We really don't have any prospects/picks left to trade at this point.

Reactions: Tuna99

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I can't see CBJ trading someone like Jenner right now with 2 years left on his contract. With everything the team has been through the last few years, I would bet that their core wants to rally together. It might be different for a pending UFA.

We also don't really have any assets. It's dire how little flexibility we have, both cap wise and asset wise. Jenner with 1.5 years left on his deal might get Columbus a 1st round pick at the deadline.

Even if we are safely in a playoff spot, we can't trade our 1st because we need to give a pick to the NHL this year or next year. If our pick is in the 17-32 range, we probably want to play it safe and give that one up. The fact that Andlauer said they would not take the Boston pick (which we already owned at the time of the punishment), probably says that we aren't going to get a NJD like softening of the punishment. Which is what most people hope for when they suggest we wait until the last possible moment to give up the pick.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Damn, Victor Soderstrom headed to Europe. Figured as a 23 year old RD, he'd garner some interest around the league. Even if he's not even 6ft, he skates really well.

Reactions: NB613

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Damn, Victor Soderstrom headed to Europe. Figured as a 23 year old RD, he'd garner some interest around the league. Even if he's not even 6ft, he skates really well.
has that been confirmed? I know there were talks since he doesnt have a new contract as of yet

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

I didn't realize the blue jackets had another player die?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I didn't realize the blue jackets had another player die?

One of their goalies passed away in a freak accident. They had a social event to celebrate the Fourth Of July. The fireworks malfunctioned, and according to Elvis Merzlinkins, Kivlenieks jumped in front of the pregnant wife of Merzlinkins to save her from being hit with one of the fireworks.

Kivlenieks was not a very big name player because he was only getting started in his career. So while it was a big story, outside of Columbus it mostly came and went out of the news cycle. It's just the reality that the more famous a celebrity or athlete is, the bigger the story their death will be. So I don't blame someone outside of Columbus if they missed the story, but it was obviously a really big deal to the players in their room who were close to the guy.

Their team has had a lot of tragedy over the last few years.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I cant say I have watched much or maybe even any of Soderstrom these last few yrs but, if our management sees him as a viable competitor for the 3RD spot, I wonder if theres a deal to be made around him and one of our many stalled prospects.

Reactions: gab6511

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I cant say I have watched much or maybe even any of Soderstrom these last few yrs but, if our management sees him as a viable competitor for the 3RD spot, I wonder if theres a deal to be made around him and one of our many stalled prospects.
would be a solid player to target, the only thing to note is that he is no longer waiver eligible

at the very least i think he is addison with better defence but would need the to see the chart

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
would be a solid player to target, the only thing to note is that he is no longer waiver eligible

at the very least i think he is addison with better defence but would need the to see the chart
I would hope they only make an asset available if they think he’s better than JBD/has genuine “middle of the lineup” upside

Reactions: TheNewEra

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I can't see CBJ trading someone like Jenner right now with 2 years left on his contract. With everything the team has been through the last few years, I would bet that their core wants to rally together. It might be different for a pending UFA.

We also don't really have any assets. It's dire how little flexibility we have, both cap wise and asset wise. Jenner with 1.5 years left on his deal might get Columbus a 1st round pick at the deadline.

Even if we are safely in a playoff spot, we can't trade our 1st because we need to give a pick to the NHL this year or next year. If our pick is in the 17-32 range, we probably want to play it safe and give that one up. The fact that Andlauer said they would not take the Boston pick (which we already owned at the time of the punishment), probably says that we aren't going to get a NJD like softening of the punishment. Which is what most people hope for when they suggest we wait until the last possible moment to give up the pick.
I disagree with your conclusion about the NHL not agreeing to accept the Boston #1 pick to fulfill the punishment. I suspect that the NHL would not want to set a precedent allowing any pick to fulfill punishment. I think there is a small probability that the league will reconsider the punishment after the passage of time and just before the penalty must be applied. It seems to be too harsh for the error made by Dorion. The league and its poor process for tracking such NTC lists is partly to blame for this problem occurring. I can see the penalty being reduced to a 2nd round pick.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I dont mind our team waiting and see if any players become available around training camp. Some guys who may be a viable option as a bottom pair might be available via waiver or trade.

I rmr Tor had to trade Lafferty last season to make room

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I dont mind our team waiting and see if any players become available around training camp. Some guys who may be a viable option as a bottom pair might be available via waiver or trade.

I rmr Tor had to trade Lafferty last season to make room
Ya waivers, is when teams are trying to pass guys through, hoping that everyone else needs to do the same.
It works alot
but there are players if you’re sure they can play, if doesn’t work out, back to waivers after 30 days. Kind of like Lassi

Reactions: NB613

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Whoever Staios might pick up off the waiver wire or via a trade before/after waivers would have to be better than our current set of defensemen and also fit within our budget and available cap dollars. I doubt we get a valuable gem without giving up something of value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad