Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If Boston wants the 7th overall for Ullmark (Assuming an extension is in place that's not ridiculous), they have to take on some bad contracts from us.

They gotta take Korpisalo.

It doesn't sound like 7th OA to Boston.

What it sounds like based on the Boston guys screenshot is 7th to Philadelphia for 12th and other things (a roster player)?

Then we move 12th and a roster player to Boston for Ullmark and a roster player.

If Korpisalo isn't moveable, I suspect another big contract has to be moving. Chabot? Norris?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Not ideal at all, but if this all happens without Chychrun we still may have 25th, 31/32d, and whatever Chychrun nets us in the 1st round.

I think the d-man that Flyers insider was talking about yesterday could be Brannstrom.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It doesn't sound like 7th OA to Boston.

What it sounds like based on the Boston guys screenshot is 7th to Philadelphia for 12th and other things (a roster player)?

Then we move 12th and a roster player to Boston for Ullmark and a roster player.

If Korpisalo isn't moveable, I suspect another big contract has to be moving. Chabot? Norris?
Norris is interesting. Bruins have a need at C and there just aren't many options out there. Apparently they were willing to take Pierre-Luc Dubois for Ullmark at the deadline, so maybe they'd be open to this.

7 to Philly for 12, 31/32 and Laughton
12 + Norris to Boston for Ullmark and Geekie

Still have picks 25 and 31/32 and whatever we get for Chychrun.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Not ideal at all, but if this all happens without Chychrun we still may have 25th, 31/32d, and whatever Chychrun nets us in the 1st round.

I think the d-man that Flyers insider was talking about yesterday could be Brannstrom.

I don't think it is Brannstrom because he has next to no value. He also has a high QO relative to his role, and has arbitration rights if qualified.

In terms of defensemen, the only thing that makes sense to me in terms of someone unexpected would be Chabot. That is because of his cap hit. If they can't move Korpisalo, they need to find another way to clear cap room.

They could pivot to keeping Chychrun as an own rental. Chabot out and Chychrun in his spot, along with burying Korpisalo frees up roughly enough cap space to cover Ullmark.

There are also a lot of teams apparently tied to Chychrun who also have D available. So there could be a possibility to move Chabot to PHI or BOS, and then move Chychrun to a team like St.Louis or Calgary for one of their defenseman in more of a hockey trade.

Norris is interesting. Bruins have a need at C and there just aren't many options out there. Apparently they were willing to take Pierre-Luc Dubois for Ullmark at the deadline, so maybe they'd be open to this.

7 to Philly for 12, 31/32 and Laughton
12 + Norris to Boston for Ullmark and Geekie

Still have picks 25 and 31/32 and whatever we get for Chychrun.

Maybe that is what makes sense. Throw Joseph into the PHI trade (since he is available and they liked him before).

I would be shocked if a team would take Norris, but I'm just thinking from a standpoint of who is someone the team would actually move who clears up enough cap to negate Korpisalo being unmovable. It has to be Norris or Chabot because we obviously aren't moving Stutzle or Tkachuk for Ullmark.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don't think it is Brannstrom because he has next to no value. He also has a high QO relative to his role, and has arbitration rights if qualified.

In terms of defensemen, the only thing that makes sense to me in terms of someone unexpected would be Chabot. That is because of his cap hit. If they can't move Korpisalo, they need to find another way to clear cap room.

They could pivot to keeping Chychrun as an own rental. Chabot out and Chychrun in his spot, along with burying Korpisalo frees up roughly enough cap space to cover Ullmark.

There are also a lot of teams apparently tied to Chychrun who also have D available. So there could be a possibility to move Chabot to PHI or BOS, and then move Chychrun to a team like St.Louis or Calgary for one of their defenseman in more of a hockey trade.
It was never reported that the rumoured trade is centred around a d-man, a Philly insider just mentioned that a de-man is involved and it's not the one everyone thinks. If it's Philly trading up from 12 to 7, Brannstrom could be a throw in from us to get a players from them or an extra pick.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Man it'd be awesome if the Bruins were good with a deal around Norris going there and Ullmark coming back.

Even if Pastrnak or whomever helps Norris score goals down the road, their roster is aging and will have to be carried by Pasta and McAvoy. Norris makes to much to be our 3C and isn't good enough to just be a scoring winger. Let another team take a gamble on him, cuz we can't afford to, not if we want to compete with Stu, Brady and Sandy as the core.

Send us Ullmark and Geekie/Peeke for Norris, Branny and a draft pick or two.

• Haha
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Linus will get you into the playoff mix, isn't that the idea? Linus is a great goalie that will win you games that you otherwise lost last season.

Bruins D is a little overrated in thinking that's the reason for his good numbers and success. The Sens will be fools not to get this done he's that good. I hope it works out for both teams.
I like Ullmark, but the Sens have been bleeding picks for too long, and it’s not stopping considering we’re losing another 1st from our Dadonov punishment and we don’t have a 2nd in 2026.

Id give up a later 1st for him, but 7th is a tough one to swallow given our situation.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I dont think its that close. 12 is substantially less likely to become a superstar and 31 is often going to bust entirely.

I know top 10s rarely get traded but are there any comparable deals you're thinking about?
I'm going to answer my own question here rather than be lazy. I dont trust the pick value calculator for top 10 picks, so here are some previous deals.

11 for 27 + 34 + 45
27 for 40 + 51
15 for 23 + 48 + 138
22 for 26 + 48
18 + 79 for 22 + 36
29 for 34 + 68
28 for 33 + 72
24 for 29 + 61

And I got bored. Regardless, i wouldn't trade 12 for 7 and 31. That definitely feels on the extreme low end of value relative to these deals.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Maybe that is what makes sense. Throw Joseph into the PHI trade (since he is available and they liked him before).

I would be shocked if a team would take Norris, but I'm just thinking from a standpoint of who is someone the team would actually move who clears up enough cap to negate Korpisalo being unmovable. It has to be Norris or Chabot because we obviously aren't moving Stutzle or Tkachuk for Ullmark.
I was pretty surprised a team was willing to take Dubois. I think centers are just much more valuable than we initially think; they're hard to acquire.

I posted my league executive approved hot-three way between Ottawa/Boston/Philly on the main board. I'll report back.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
I was pretty surprised a team was willing to take Dubois. I think centers are just much more valuable than we initially think; they're hard to acquire.

I posted my league executive approved hot-three way between Ottawa/Boston/Philly on the main board. I'll report back.

Norris has an unfortunate contract, but I don't think it'd be all that wise for Ottawa to trade him. Especially not alongside the 7th OA pick.

This team doesn't have a lot of goal scoring talent on the roster and there's no one coming in the pipeline. Plus Giroux is 36 and won't be around much longer.

I don't think you can trade one of the only natural goal scorers you have and the pick that could get you elite talent to replace him, especially since we're also going to lose our 1st rounder in '25 or '26.

Yes you need goaltending to win. But you also need talent.

And it's not like we can go out and get a Guentzel through free agency. Goal scorers aren't signing here.

We basically need to hope he can get back to being 30G-35G and 55-65PTS guy. He'll still be overpaid, but not by that much.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Maybe it’s

12th + 31st + Laughton for 7th + Joseph.

12th + 31st for Ullmark + Carlo.

Out: 7th and Joseph
In: Ullmark, Carlo, Laughton

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
For anybody who doubts there would be a market for Forsberg on an expiring contract, look at what Nedeljkovic just signed for, 2.5M x 2Y.

His numbers over the last few years are similar to Forsberg's, except Forsberg has the advantage of not having term.

Someone will take Forsberg simply to get a goalie to bridge them through this season without having to commit 2-3 years to a marginal NHL veteran like Pittsburgh had to do to keep Nedeljkovic.

Reactions: Neil Patrick Harris

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Linus will get you into the playoff mix, isn't that the idea? Linus is a great goalie that will win you games that you otherwise lost last season.

Bruins D is a little overrated in thinking that's the reason for his good numbers and success. The Sens will be fools not to get this done he's that good. I hope it works out for both teams.

Ullmark was 7th in goals saved above expected, so yeah this is true.

Bruins team defense helps a lot but he's still a very good goalie.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I could probably stomach moving down from 7 to 12 for additional picks/prospects, but as someone else mentioned earlier, we need to keep our high first given the season we just had. To have another potential impact prospect on a 3 year ELC will be key, especially since we are ridden of quality prospects.

I hate the idea of the rumoured deals with the Flyers/Bruins. If we’re pursuing Ullmark, offer the 25th OA + other assets. If we’re outbid, so be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad