Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Ullmark would clearly be the best goalie in Ottawa, which pretty much works out in his favour if he's angling for a big pay day and might be why he'd accept a trade here. He could see competition in nets if he goes to Toronto or something.

From what I've read he hates the media and team in Toronto because of the rivalry they've had with Boston and has no interest in playing there because of that.

• Love
Reactions: senswon and DrEasy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Bruins fan here, our most plugged in poster who has legit reliable connections said this yesterday:
View attachment 884902
I'm not sure how plugged in a person can be with all those vague pluses in there.

I dont see sens offering #12 for a goalie on an expiring contract. That would be among the most ever paid for a goaltender in a trade.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
So where does Chychrun fit into this? If we lose Chychrun and our top pick and all we get is Ullmark that would be atrocious. We'd need like Carlo (who has an NTC) or Konecny (unlikely) coming back. Staios can't be this dumb.

Reactions: Alex1234

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Yeah I doubt Ullmark is going to return our first 1st. Unless that + on the Boston side is Carlo.

I also don't think either Boston or Ottawa would be comfortable making a trade like this contingent on the prospect Philadelphia likes being available at #7.

Thanks for sharing!

Sens are actually crazy if they make that Ullmark deal. I don’t see how he’s worth more than Chychrun and a mid pick if that.
Fans are speculating that the plus from Boston will be Morgan Geekie. Who has greatly surpassed expectations and had a great playoffs. #12 and mid round pick for Ullmark then a roster player from Philly going to the Bruins for Morgan Geekie would be interesting. Chychrun isn’t a great fit for Boston because they have Lindholm and Lohrei on the left side already.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
I'm not sure how plugged in a person can be with all those vague pluses in there.

I dont see sens offering #12 for a goalie on an expiring contract. That would be among the most ever paid for a goaltender in a trade.
He has called a ton of bruins moves over the years. Had Lindholm to the Bruins before anybody else.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Fans are speculating that the plus from Boston will be Morgan Geekie. Who has greatly surpassed expectations and had a great playoffs. #12 and mid round pick for Ullmark then a roster player from Philly going to the Bruins for Morgan Geekie would be interesting. Chychrun isn’t a great fit for Boston because they have Lindholm and Lohrei on the left side already.
Friedman said it was Boston who asked for Chychrun + DET pick at the deadline.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024

Maybe, but I really doubt that the Sens move that first pick. I could see them trading #7 for #12 and #31, and then trading #25 or #31 in an Ullmark deal.

But from everything we've heard from Staios– about taking a long-term view, not being rash, and building a "sustainable" program,– I can't see him trading that pick when Ottawa is also losing their 1st either next year or in '26 due to the Dorion fiasco.

Especially considering what Markstrom went for yesterday.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
So where does Chychrun fit into this? If we lose Chychrun and our top pick and all we get is Ullmark that would be atrocious. We'd need like Carlo (who has an NTC) or Konecny (unlikely) coming back. Staios can't be this dumb.
Maybe he's not involved at all.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Maybe, but I really doubt that the Sens move that first pick. I could see them trading #7 for #12 and #31, and then trading #25 or #31 in an Ullmark deal.

But from everything we've heard from Staios– about taking a long-term view, not being rash, and building a "sustainable" program,– I can't see him trading that pick when Ottawa is also losing their 1st either next year or in '26 due to the Dorion fiasco.

Especially considering what Markstrom went for yesterday.
It would cost more than 31 to move from 12 to 7.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I liked Geekie’s game a lot in the playoffs and I’d happily take him (and Ullmark!), but turning 7th overall into Ullmark and Geekie is underwhelming. We don’t particularly need centers either so kind of a weird one.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It's actually pretty close in value, not far off. Maybe they throw in a 3rd or something.
I dont think its that close. 12 is substantially less likely to become a superstar and 31 is often going to bust entirely.

I know top 10s rarely get traded but are there any comparable deals you're thinking about?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I liked Geekie’s game a lot in the playoffs and I’d happily take him (and Ullmark!), but turning 7th overall into Ullmark and Geekie is underwhelming. We don’t particularly need centers either so kind of a weird one.
Obviously this is all just speculation/rumours, but who could Philly realistically add in the trade to make this worthwhile? I don't think Konecny is realistic if it's just to move up 5 spots.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

Maybe if we cannot dump Korpisalo, Chabot will go to Philadelphia as the cap clearing move to make room for Ullmark. Then we move 12th+Forsberg to Boston for Ullmark.

Then we keep Chychrun and his affordable cap hit as an own-rental, or make some sort of lateral hockey trade where we trade Chychrun for a different top 4 defenseman who has been tied to him.

I don't like the idea of giving up the 7th overall pick for a roster player. It's the same mistake we have been making the last few years. With that said, I understand why they would do it. This year is do or die time, so unless they are just going to say f*** it and trade Tkachuk now, they need to try and fix this mess that Dorion created with the roster. There aren't many avenues to do it because so many guys are locked up with term, and we have so few assets.

Realistically, 12th overall for a Vezina tier goalie in his prime is not an overpayment. Especially when you consider the current market for goalies. It's just a tough pill to swallow.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If Boston wants the 7th overall for Ullmark (Assuming an extension is in place that's not ridiculous), they have to take on some bad contracts from us.

They gotta take Korpisalo.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Linus will get you into the playoff mix, isn't that the idea? Linus is a great goalie that will win you games that you otherwise lost last season.

Bruins D is a little overrated in thinking that's the reason for his good numbers and success. The Sens will be fools not to get this done he's that good. I hope it works out for both teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad