Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Friedman said on Marek show we talked about Ullmark at the deadline and it was complicated, their most serious offer didn’t come until late at the deadline and they couldn’t make it work. He said he read Bruce’s article and wasn’t sure if Boston will get that return. Then he said he believes Philly deal is contingent on who is available at 7th overall.

Nothing new really but sharing anyway. He also spoke about Gibson separately but seemed to think we’re not really in the mix there. Anaheim doesn’t want to retain.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
"Ottawa may now be the last serious team in the mix" were the words Brucie used for Ullmark.

If he's serious about wanting to stay in the East that definitely helps things.

But I wonder about Detroit. They almost made the playoffs this year and after 8 years of no playoffs that's obviously the goal.

Only have Lyon and Husso signed. Lyon is better suited as a backup and Husso has been a massive flop. Cossa is the future but he's years away and not a sure thing.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

But I wonder about Detroit. They almost made the playoffs this year and after 8 years of no playoffs that's obviously the goal.

Only have Lyon and Husso signed. Lyon is better suited as a backup and Husso has been a massive flop. Cossa is the future but he's years away and not a sure thing.
What enticing assets does Detroit have that they're willing to part with? We already know Ottawa is shopping Chychrun and they have the 25th overall pick they probably wouldn't mind parting with. If they move down, there's a decent chance they get the 31st/32nd pick from Philly as well.

We're probably the last serious team because we're an Eastern team and have assets we're willing to move for Ullmark.

Reactions: Relapsing

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
What enticing assets does Detroit have that they're willing to part with? We already know Ottawa is shopping Chychrun and they have the 25th overall pick they probably wouldn't mind parting with. If they move down, there's a decent chance they get the 31st/32nd pick from Philly as well.

We're probably the last serious team because we have assets we're willing to move for Ullmark.

It's not really about whether they can beat our offer. If Ullmark won't waive to come here but will waive and extend with Detroit, the Bruins will be forced to accept a lesser offer from them or will have to keep Ullmark as the 1B for another year, which I don't think they want to do.

Sort of the same conundrum we found ourselves in when dealing DeBrincat a year from UFA.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

We're probably the last serious team because we're an Eastern team and have assets we're willing to move for Ullmark.
Detroit has a ton of cap space, a deep pool and 15 oa, I think they could make it happen if they want to, but it's about whether they are willing to make it happen I guess.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

Friedman did mention today he does think Detroit’s in the goalie market to some degree. Doesn’t know much more than that because Yzerman is tight-lipped.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It's not really about whether they can beat our offer. If Ullmark won't waive to come here but will waive and extend with Detroit, the Bruins will be forced to accept a lesser offer from them or will have to keep Ullmark as the 1B for another year, which I don't think they want to do.

Sort of the same conundrum we found ourselves in when dealing DeBrincat a year from UFA.
Bruins won't be forced to do anything. If the best they can do is Ullmark to Detroit for a 2nd round pick, they'll just hold onto him until the deadline.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Bruins won't be forced to do anything. If the best they can do is Ullmark to Detroit for a 2nd round pick, they'll just hold onto him until the deadline.

He'll get more than that if Detroit is interested.

Don't know if they'll put #15 on the table but I could see a protected 2025 1st + a couple depth pieces (basically same offer they made for DeBrincat).

Reactions: Loach

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He'll get more than that if Detroit is interested.

Don't know if they'll put #15 on the table but I could see a protected 2025 1st + a couple depth pieces (basically same offer they made for DeBrincat).
I just don't think they're the type of team to try to take that "shortcut", they're a bit more patient, but who knows? Whether we want to admit it or not, the Sens are in a time crunch. We might only have one year left to make the playoffs before shit hits the fan (Brady's NMC kicks in).

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I just don't think they're the type of team to try to take that "shortcut", they're a bit more patient, but who knows? Whether we want to admit it or not, the Sens are in a time crunch. We might only have one year left to make the playoffs before shit hits the fan (Brady's NMC kicks in).

It's been 8 years since they made the playoffs and they have added a lot of UFAs in recent years.

Rebuild is over for them, whether they are going to be a legit contender in the future or not.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It's been 8 years since they made the playoffs and they have added a lot of UFAs in recent years.

Rebuild is over for them, whether they are going to be a legit contender in the future or not.
Right, but they can still afford to be patient a lot more than we can. I'm not sure if they are in danger of their franchise player asking out within a year.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He's also got trade protection, the assumption is any deal will be to a team he is willing to extend with. Your probably looking at 7-8.5 mil for his next deal.
His numbers warrant that (for once]. I could get on board. Mind you, he's 30 as it is.

Ad

Ad

Ad