Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
That would be great but I'd guess the value gap between #7 and #12 is probably two 2nds, or #31/32 and something else small, not Laughton who probably has the value of a couple 2nds himself.

I think it depends on how much the Flyers like the guy they want to select at #7.

From what I've seen, there is a lot of variance in how teams see the top 8-9 guys, so the Flyers could have someone like Dickinson or Demidov as the #2 or #3 prospect on their board.

So for them, it'd be like trading up for a top 3 talent, not a #7 pick, which would warrant being more aggressive.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Our PK was ranked 29th last season, we had to play Rourke Chartier as our #3C for significant portions of the year, and we got next to no offensive, or defensive, contribution from our bottom 6.

I'd say improving that is a pretty pressing need.
RD, goaltending and Pinto
Everything else comes after that.

Reactions: otown

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Scrap the cards entirely, just weatch him and we should come to the same conclusion

He's a 30 year old playing ~12 minutes ES a night, and he's not doing a great job of it.
I didn't watch much of him this year. Previous years he seemed to be a useful player. He's probably being used in situations that he doesn't belong in, because Tortorella has praised him multiple times to the media.

There's a lot of players in the league that are good players but being played in a bigger role than they should be, and look bad as a result.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Yost tweeted for the first time since his Sens/Flyers framework post yesterday to re-iterate the Flyers are looking to move up in the draft.

Putting the puzzle pieces together, I feel like we're going to move down from 7 to 12.

A few possibilities emerge. We know Sens have liked Laughton in the past, but is that enough to justify moving out of the top 10 on it's own?

They were reportedly interested in Joseph last pre-season, so maybe he plays into this as well.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I'm still not sure why they are hell bent in trading for both Tanev brothers considering they are 34 & 32 yrs old. I get they need some more experience in their lineup, but there must be some better options out there especially if Chris wants more than a couple of yrs term & both are somewhat expensive given their age. Clearly that kind of player is valuable & sought after & shows how rare they are in the NHL these days.

I agree. To me the guy they should go after hard is Matt Roy. RD who plays a smart defensive game, physical when needed, provides some 5-on-5 offense (similar to Zub) and although he's 29 he has only 369 games of NHL experience. I think his game could still be improving. I'd give him 6years at $5M.

Reactions: aragorn and BigRig4

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Joseph+ out for Tanev
Sign other Tanev,~4.5-5.5M
Sign C.Brown ~1-2 Mil
Chychrun+ and dump Korpisalo or Forsberg out for Ulmark (may need another team involved)
Bridge Pinto at 3.5

FORWARDS: ~48.5-49.5 mil
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Tanev-Pinto-Batherson
Greig-Norris-Brown?
Kelly-Kastelic-Ostapchuk
MacEwen

DEFENSE: ~28-29 mil
Sanderson-Tanev
Chabot-Zub
Kleven-JBD
Hamonic

GOALIES: ~7.750-9M
Ulmark
Forsberg/Korpisalo

Buyouts and overages: ~225k

CAPHIT: 86.5-88M

Trade chips: Chychrun, 25 OA, moving back from 7 to 12th at the furthest, 39 OA,

Reactions: Wondercarrot

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Yost tweeted for the first time since his Sens/Flyers framework post yesterday to re-iterate the Flyers are looking to move up in the draft.

Putting the puzzle pieces together, I feel like we're going to move down from 7 to 12.

A few possibilities emerge. We know Sens have liked Laughton in the past, but is that enough to justify moving out of the top 10 on it's own?

They were reportedly interested in Joseph last pre-season, so maybe he plays into this as well.
If Laughton is part of the deal, I’d imagine he’s a throw in to make salary work, not the reason the Sens are trading down.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I agree. To me the guy they should go after hard is Matt Roy. RD who plays a smart defensive game, physical when needed, provides some 5-on-5 offense (similar to Zub) and although he's 29 he has only 369 games of NHL experience. I think his game could still be improving. I'd give him 6years at $5M.
This guy is exactly what Chabot needs

7th for 12th and Laughton? no thanks

Keep the pick get the guy you want without risking losing out
I hope not either - I'm purely speculating

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't know if we can attract Roy, Tanev seems like he might be more inclined to sign here, but Roy at 5mx6 would be a great signing too.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If Philly wants to give us Laughton as the 'sweetener' for moving up from 12 to 7, they better be giving us another first rounder (Florida's this year doesn't count).

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
If we trade down with Iginla still on the board, and pick Yakemchuk and #12, I'll probably be seething about it all summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad