Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, the extension part is what worries me the most. That Vezina trophy is going to do 90% of the heavy lifting for his agent.
You can probably argue that he's in front of a goalie friendly system and that his numbers in this playoff were sub par though. But yes, that's gonna cost 45+ mil

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Hell no to Ullmark for near 8 mill. He really is not even that proven, good numbers on Buffalo but Forsberg did that too on Ottawa, great numbers on Boston but Boston is a stand out defensive team.

Guy has never played more than 50 games in a season, and 7 to 8.5 mill? for near 8 mill you get a guy that you know FOR SURE that he can play 65+ games.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

7a8217a230735ca98905f9b7486ae15b.jpg

We need two good RDs. If we had Roy and Zub and move out Chychrun for futures we've got a really nice top 4. Get a good D prospect at 7 or 25 and then we have options in 2-3 years.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Friedman says that the trade package that was in Bruce’s article for Ullmark was the ask from Boston, not Ottawas offer. Also that Boston is gonna “make it hard” to obtain him.

Mentions that the Flyers trade is contingent on a prospect being available with the 7th spot.

Mentions Gibson as another goalie trade option but doesn’t know if Ottawa is a good fit there.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Friedman says that the trade package that was in Bruce’s article for Ullmark was the ask from Boston, not Ottawas offer. Also that Boston is gonna “make it hard” to obtain him.

Mentions that the Flyers trade is contingent on a prospect being available with the 7th spot.

Mentions Gibson as another goalie trade option but doesn’t know if Ottawa is a good fit there.
I'd rather roll with Forsberg than Gibson at this point. Guy is absolutely washed.

Reactions: Micklebot

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I mean Boston can do whatever they want but he's gone in a year. A year that's he's probably going to be sitting on the bench more often than not.

So I don't know why they think they can play hardball here.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024

If the rumors are true and the Flyers are eyeing Dickinson... I have my doubts that he'll be there at 7 so I bet that trade falls through.

And Boston may want to make it hard, but the goalie musical chairs are quickly being filled. Two destinations off the board yesterday.

They'll have to decide whether they're willing to keep him and spend ~12-13M on their goaltending tandem next year, or lower their price and allocate that money somewhere else.

Because really, who would be in the mix for Ullmark at this point? Ottawa and Toronto? I don't see Toronto giving up very much value either.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Ullmark is not going to get 8 million. Outside of very special cases, the ceiling for a goalie is about 6 million. 5.5 to 6.5 is the ballpark. There aren't many teams who can pay him that and also give up major assets to the Bruins.

Saros will get that because he is one of the few starters who has proven he can consistently handle a traditional starters workload (close to 70 games) and deliver elite numbers. This is in an era where true starters are becoming rarer and rarer, with most teams having tandems that more closely split games.

6M with term, signing bonuses, front loaded money, and a full NTC for at least part of the contract would already be legitimate top goalie money.

If there is a trade on the table and the Senators offer him something around 6M, 5 years, enough signing bonuses and front loaded money to make a buyout pointless, and a NMC for the first half of the contract - he has to strongly consider signing that because staying with the Bruins or getting traded somewhere to play out the year on a new system are both situations where he might see his market value lower after the season.

The odds of him getting much more than 6.5M next year aren't high, but the risk of injury or a drop in play will always be there. Especially after Swayman secured the net in the playoffs, or if he goes to a new system with worse defense.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I mean Boston can do whatever they want but he's gone in a year. A year that's he's probably going to be sitting on the bench more often than not.

So I don't know why they think they can play hardball here.

Exactly. They can play ball or get nothing for a dude riding the bench. It's not a hard bluff to call.

Plus we're due to finally bend a team over in a trade instead of being the ones getting bent over.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Ullmark is not going to get 8 million. Outside of very special cases, the ceiling for a goalie is about 6 million. 5.5 to 6.5 is the ballpark. There aren't many teams who can pay him that and also give up major assets to the Bruins.

Saros will get that because he is one of the few starters who has proven he can consistently handle a traditional starters workload (close to 70 games) and deliver elite numbers. This is in an era where true starters are becoming rarer and rarer, with most teams having tandems that more closely split games.

6M with term, signing bonuses, front loaded money, and a full NTC for at least part of the contract would already be legitimate top goalie money.

If there is a trade on the table and the Senators offer him something around 6M, 5 years, enough signing bonuses and front loaded money to make a buyout pointless, and a NMC for the first half of the contract - he has to strongly consider signing that because staying with the Bruins or getting traded somewhere to play out the year on a new system are both situations where he might see his market value lower after the season.

The odds of him getting much more than 6.5M next year aren't high, but the risk of injury or a drop in play will always be there. Especially after Swayman secured the net in the playoffs, or if he goes to a new system with worse defense.

Honestly the closest comparable I can find is Grubauer. Hopefully it works out better than that one has, but Grubauer was 28 when he signed with Seattle, had handled a 1B workload for several years, put up really good numbers (never had an NHL SV% below .915), and even won a cup.

He got 6x5.9M.

With cap inflation and being slightly older, I'd say 5x6-6.25M would be fair to Ullmark. It's still a lot, but you would just pray that he doesn't crumble.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

Pagnotta says two separate sources told him Ullmark would accept a trade to Ottawa.
With Pagnotta you never know, but it’s likely true because I doubt this would have gotten this far if he wasn’t willing. If he hasn’t fully agreed he has to be at least open to it.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Ullmark would clearly be the best goalie in Ottawa, which pretty much works out in his favour if he's angling for a big pay day and might be why he'd accept a trade here. He could see competition in nets if he goes to Toronto or something.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Bruins fan here, our most plugged in poster who has legit reliable connections said this yesterday:
View attachment 884902

Yeah I doubt Ullmark is going to return our first 1st. Unless that + on the Boston side is Carlo.

I also don't think either Boston or Ottawa would be comfortable making a trade like this contingent on the prospect Philadelphia likes being available at #7.

Ad

Ad

Ad