Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It was never reported that the rumoured trade is centred around a d-man, a Philly insider just mentioned that a de-man is involved and it's not the one everyone thinks. If it's Philly trading up from 12 to 7, Brannstrom could be a throw in from us to get a players from them or an extra pick.
Ya Branny was my guess as well.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Just because he's on a bad team it doesn't mean he'll be good again if he's on a good one. He just hasn't been good in a long time.
Every time a watch a Ducks game he’ll stand on his head for the first little bit then the team gives up on him so he loses it. He’s stolen some crazy games over the past couple seasons, just needs a chance. There’s no worse defensive team in hockey.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
If we are trading the 7th overall, or 12th by proxy or whatever it ends up being, for a goalie we are dummies

I’m refusing to believe we are going to be making a bad move like that until it inevitably happens and infinity repeats again in Sens land
So many losing season and we barely get to enjoy the fruits of our labour. Just high 1st round picks down the gutter.

Reactions: Alex1234

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Maybe Chychrun will simply be unrelated to the Philly/Boston trades and he gets dealt elsewhere.
Yeah, if the Bruins poster is correct, it doesn’t look like he’s involved.

Feels like we’re making the Philly deal so we recoup a first (31/32), then trading 12+ Forsberg + another mid pick for Ullmark + Geekie/someone else.

The multiple dmen reports came out at the same time though, so it does feel like we’re missing something somewhere.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
So many losing season and we barely get to enjoy the fruits of our labour. Just high 1st round picks down the gutter.
Well if one wants to be slightly optimistic, the 2022 and 2023 1st rounders weren't technically given up for nothing, it will be the 25th overall this year and whatever we get for Chychrun.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Yeah, if the Bruins poster is correct, it doesn’t look like he’s involved.

Feels like we’re making the Philly deal so we recoup a first (31/32), then trading 12+ Forsberg + another mid pick for Ullmark + Geekie/someone else.

The multiple dmen reports came out at the same time though, so it does feel like we’re missing something somewhere.
I don’t think the defenceman part specified it was on ottawa’s side

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
What gives you any indication that the Predators intend to rush Askarov into the starting role right this minute?

Saros spent the better part of five years slowly taking responsibility as Rinne's career wound down. And even Rinne got a good three seasons in the minors before he was eased into the starting role.

Saros isn't even thirty yet, the Predators are just off a season where they made a surprise playoff run, and Askarov has all of three games of NHL experience at this point. He is a *very* good prospect and all indications are that he will be a *very* good goalie in the NHL, but I don't see Nashville making him the starter just yet. The Preds can afford to wait on Saros for now - there will always be a team willing to pay a pretty penny for a proven starter. They're listening, I'm sure, but not actively shopping him.
Nashville might turn the reins over to Askarov next season as they are going through a transition phase on their roster. Next season they have almost $12 million in dead cap to deal with and they might decide to trade Saros and load up for 2025-26. As for "rushing" Askarov he was drafted 4 years ago and he was dominant in the AHL this year. He certainly could be ready to go.

Reactions: bicboi64

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
So as someone else posted above it looks like the end result is something like this:

Our 7th OA & late 1st
for
Ullmark Laughton Geekie late 1st

Look. I like Ullmark so that’s good.
but Scott f***ing Laughton and Geekie?

Scott Laughton just posted a fall off the cliff year…
Morgan Geekie…Are you f***ing kidding me lol

He was left unqualified by Seattle before last season and signed with Boston. His offence hasn’t translated in the NHL and that’s his signature skill…

SCOUTING REPORT
The slick forward has good offensive instincts that led to excellent production numbers in both junior hockey and the AHL. He is good on face-offs, but his defensive play is a work in progress and he will have trouble earning top-six ice time unless it improves. He is best when used in sheltered minutes, starting the majority of his shifts in the attacking zone. Can play either center or wing.

Long Range Potential: Versatile offensive forward with limitations.

I don’t mind Geekie and Laughton if we got them for very little…this is our 7th for a good goalie and transient garbage. Of course if we make the trade I’ll get with it and cheer them on but f*** me.
I just don’t think this can be what we are going to do.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If Boston wants 7 or 12, tell them to kick rocks.

Offer the Boston pick, or do the same that Jersey did and offer a protected 1st in 2025

In thinking of that, Sens aren’t even able to offer a protected 2025 are they, because of Dorion.. Jesus man did he ever leave a trail of destruction in his wake.

Last edited:

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
There’s been talk of Chicago wanting Chychrun.

If 25 is too low of a pick, and 7/12 is too high (at least imo), maybe they can flip Chychrun for #18 and send that to Boston.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024

I hope Staios has a backbone.

I'd like to get Ullmark here, but the price has to make sense. And it's not like he's the only one under the gun. Boston is too.

If Sweeney wants to be a player in free-agency, he needs to know how much cap he has to work with, and I don't know if they're eager to have ~12-13M tied up in goalies next season.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I hope Staios has a backbone.

I'd like to get Ullmark here, but the price has to make sense. And it's not like he's the only one under the gun. Boston is too.

If he wants to be a player in free-agency, he needs to know how much cap he has to work with, and I don't know if they're eager to have ~12-13M tied up in goalies next season.
Bite the bullet and buy out Korpi.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
They can have #7
Just send debrusk/Carlo over with Ullmark

I’m not even crazy about that

Last edited:
Reactions: Wondercarrot

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I will be so mad if it’s Ullmark + Geekie and we have no 1st rounder.

We don’t need another useless plug like Geekie and we need some young talent in the pipelines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad