Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
This is one of the few times, if not the first time, that the Sens are on the positive end in a trade where it seems there is only one team.

We’re usually the team getting duped by others because we are backed into a corner.

For once, it seems that the Sens are the only team that Ullmark will go and is actually wanting him.

Im very, very hopeful Staios takes advantage of that. Be the team giving up the shit package that Ottawa usually receives in these situations.

Patience rather than jumping the gun. A welcome change.

Will be interesting to see how the offseason plays out. Lots of work to be done.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I think they will settle for less from other teams, Bruins are not going to help the Sens make the playoffs without paying dearly.
Don't overestimate the Sens
Will take more than Linus to make the PO lol

Also the difference between Stolarz and Linus is not a 7th
Ottawa is not going to help Boston get rid of Ullmark while paying dearly

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Don't overestimate the Sens
Will take more than Linus to make the PO lol

Also the difference between Stolarz and Linus is not a 7th
Ottawa is not going to help Boston get rid of Ullmark while paying dearly
Bruins don't need Ottawa's help, Ottawa desperately needs a goaltender Bruins have a great one to sell to the highest bidder.

If they don't get what they want worse case the Bruins again will have the best goaltending in the league, not a bad position to be in.

Now if they want to use Linus 5M to bring in a roster player in a trade from another team then maybe they settle for less.

Who really knows other than the two GM's getting paid to do this job, lol

They have 25ish million in cap space with 7 forwards and 3 D needing to be signed, , including Middlestadt who will be 6ish himself. They aren’t able to afford a 6 million dollar goalie
Still need a goalie, they are not going to allow poor goaltending to waste more years with that talent.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I think people need to resign themselves to the possibility that asset wise, they aren't going to be happy with what we do this summer.

Staios needs to fill 3-4 different roles and he has very little to work with in trades. In addition, he has to find a way to dump Korpisalo.

Retooling or taking a more conservative approach probably isn't an option if Brady is tired of losing. We don't know who feels what on the team, but Friedman has cryptically reported about how losing again stretched some relationships, or however he put it.

Just give them the benefit of the doubt with their moves this off-season even if they look bad on paper and try to enjoy this season because at this point there probably isn't a perfect way to fix this mess.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'll gladly eat crow on Ullmark waiving to come to Ottawa. Didn't think it would happen.

It'll probably mean a big long-term extension (I'd guess 7-8M × 7-8YRs) was needed to convince him, but that's a risk worth taking, provided the price Boston is asking for isn't insane.

Reactions: bicboi64

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I think people need to resign themselves to the possibility that asset wise, they aren't going to be happy with what we do this summer.

Staios needs to fill 3-4 different roles and he has very little to work with in trades. In addition, he has to find a way to dump Korpisalo.

Retooling or taking a more conservative approach probably isn't an option if Brady is tired of losing. We don't know who feels what on the team, but Friedman has cryptically reported about how losing again stretched some relationships, or however he put it.

Just give them the benefit of the doubt with their moves this off-season even if they look bad on paper and try to enjoy this season because at this point there probably isn't a perfect way to fix this mess.
They can always just pay for Korpisalo’s glasses instead.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Look, if we're not gonna pay the price to get Ullmark, we're certainly *never* gonna pay the price to get someone like Saros. So what then? Run it back with Korpisalo and Forsberg?

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Look, if we're not gonna pay the price to get Ullmark, we're certainly *never* gonna pay the price to get someone like Saros. So what then? Run it back with Korpisalo and Forsberg?
If we walk out of this with Korpisalo still here AND no pick, I can’t justify that, no matter how badly we need Ullmark.

If they dump Korpisalo and save themselves from that contract, I will be a little more okay with it. I still think it’s an overpayment, time will tell if it’s worth it.

Staios is in a bit of a no-win situation here but it’s hard to imagine this team becoming more than average the way we continue to burn our assets.

Oct 10, 2010
Trade for Ullmark and buyout Korpisalo if he can’t be traded easy peasy.

Build from the net out would be nice to have a Vezina winner controlling our crease!

Reactions: gab6511

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Trade for Ullmark and buyout Korpisalo if he can’t be traded easy peasy.

Build from the net out would be nice to have a Vezina winner controlling our crease!

We have to give ourselves more options than Ullmark. Boston may want an overpay to trade him. Is he that sure a thing?

I think we should dig a big hole and throw Korpi in it... Zero faith we get any consistency out of him.

We should look at the options. LA has 4 goalies now.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
We have to give ourselves more options than Ullmark. Boston may want an overpay to trade him. Is he that sure a thing?

I think we should dig a big hole and throw Korpi in it... Zero faith we get any consistency out of him.

We should look at the options. LA has 4 goalies now.

People are sleeping on this UFA class too I think.

Samsonov, Stolarz, and Broissoit could all be great options that would be cheaper and offer us a different look in net.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I think most people were not expecting an elite level goalie like Ullmark to be a possibility.

Trading for him is the equivalent of adding a 2nd pairing RD and signing a lesser goalie like Stolarz/Brossoit, which was about as good an outcome as could have been expected in free agency.

Don't have to dump Korpisalo, can just buy him out at that point. It hurts long-term but opens up some space to make a few extra additions.

No one should be in favour of going all-in this offseason by trading the 7th OVR pick. If they move down to 12th and pick up an extra 1st and then trade it for current help, that's fine, but we still need to add a high-end prospect to our system after years of neglecting the prospect pool.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I think most people were not expecting an elite level goalie like Ullmark to be a possibility.

Trading for him is the equivalent of adding a 2nd pairing RD and signing a lesser goalie like Stolarz/Brossoit, which was about as good an outcome as could have been expected in free agency.

Don't have to dump Korpisalo, can just buy him out at that point. It hurts long-term but opens up some space to make a few extra additions.

No one should be in favour of going all-in this offseason by trading the 7th OVR pick. If they move down to 12th and pick up an extra 1st and then trade it for current help, that's fine, but we still need to add a high-end prospect to our system after years of neglecting the prospect pool.

Does Ullmark getting outplayed by Swayman not scare anyone else?

This potential deal terrifies me.. His age, his contract status, his play in the playoffs. These are all massive flags that make me hesitant he's the guy. Coming from a great defensive team to a team where he is gonna face a vastly greater amount of shots.. Committing major assets and money to this guy is terrifying.

I'd walk myself, especially at the reported price. But this is why I am not the GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad