Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
And if he doesn't, what do I get in return for this guarantee?

A full refund of what ever you've invested to acquire this guarantee. Nothing.

I understood your scepticism against Slaf, he was visibly trash in the camps. But if you remember correctly this was not the case of Mesar and Beck.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
A full refund of what ever you've invested to acquire this guarantee. Nothing.

I understood your scepticism against Slaf, he was visibly trash in the camps. But if you remember correctly this was not the case of Mesar and Beck.
I’m not skeptical of Mesar in as much as I know he’s in the development process and don’t really care about the day to day process. I wanted Slaf to be in the development process as well.

Mesar will have ups and downs but if you or others refuse to acknowledge the downs and also then insist and guarantee that he will have non-stop ups— it makes me wonder: what are we accomplishing here?

Why do you even use the word guarantee…?

Reactions: Hins77 and Zilo44

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I’m not skeptical of Mesar in as much as I know he’s in the development process and don’t really care about the day to day process. I wanted Slaf to be in the development process as well.

Mesar will have ups and downs but if you or others refuse to acknowledge the downs and also then insist and guarantee that he will have non-stop ups— it makes me wonder: what are we accomplishing here?

Why do you even use the word guarantee…?

Okay i feel like many who trashed him in the past, you probably have watched none of his games, this is why you're asking these questions.

Don't argue with me, watch him play. I did my due diligence back in july. I wasn't specially crazy about this pick when i first saw his him... i was like who's this introvert shy guy Louis Leblanc 2.0

Then i saw the videos, the skills and i understood. He's got a chip on his shoulders and will become the next Captain.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Okay i feel like many who trashed him in the past, you probably have watched none of his games, this is why you're asking these questions.

Don't argue with me, watch him play. I did my due diligence back in july. I wasn't specially crazy about this pick when i first saw his him... i was like who's this introvert shy guy Louis Leblanc 2.0

Then i saw the videos, the skills and i understood. He's got a chip on his shoulders and will become the next Captain.
I am not and have not trashed Mesar but your inflammatory approach to this topic is not productive.

Is a sub-1.0ppg in the OHL in the D+1 year positively correlated with future 1.0ppg performance in the NHL for a forward? Yes or no

Cite your sources

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I am not and have not trashed Mesar but your inflammatory approach to this topic is not productive.

Is a sub-1.0ppg in the OHL in the D+1 year positively correlated with future 1.0ppg performance in the NHL for a forward? Yes or no

Cite your sources

Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 9.50.07 AM.png

#1 You proved to me that not only you dont watch him play but also don't bother looking at his stats. There's no sub PPG, he is a PPG player.

#2 Gabriel Landeskog, D1 = 0.83 PPG

Case Closed

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
View attachment 667701

#1 You proved to me that not only you dont watch him play but also don't bother looking at his stats. There's no sub PPG, he is a PPG player.

Case Closed
I asked for a correlation. You keep using terms like guarantee but refuse to engage with the conversation. Landeskog has a single PPG season in his career and is not a PPG player (good player, don’t get me wrong).

Fine, Mesar has 1.00ppg right now.

Is a 1.00ppg in the OHL in the D+1 season positively correlated with future 1.00+ppg in the NHL?

Cite your sources

Reactions: Sagikev

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I asked for a correlation. You keep using terms like guarantee but refuse to engage with the conversation. Landeskog has a single PPG season in his career and is not a PPG player (good player, don’t get me wrong).

Fine, Mesar has 1.00ppg right now.

Is a 1.00ppg in the OHL in the D+1 season positively correlated with future 1.00+ppg in the NHL?

Cite your sources

Bro, why do you engage in life with your eyes folded haha

You're dangerous to your own self dude...

2018-2019: 73 GP, 75 PTS
2020-2021: 54 GP, 52 PTS
2021-2022: 51 GP, 59 PTS

Lets not forget he faced many injuries.

Also for Mesar, i'm taking into account that the league's production has been increasing in the last years. PPG today are far more populous

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Bro, why do you engage in life with your eyes folded haha

You're dangerous to your own self dude...

2018-2019: 73 GP, 75 PTS
2020-2021: 54 GP, 52 PTS
2021-2022: 51 GP, 59 PTS

Lets not forget he faced many injuries.

Also for Mesar, i'm taking into account that the league's production has been increasing in the last years. PPG today are far more populous
Cmon, half seasons barely count. Landeskog is nowhere close to PPG over his career.

You guaranteed Mesar’s success. You said he’s a future 90pt player.

Is there a strong correlation between PPG D+1 production and PPG NHL production? You keep citing Landeskog who isn’t a PPG player. Is Landeskog the only name you could find?

Doesn’t seem like you’re in any position to guarantee anything if you can’t find at least one working example of your criteria working out, much less an actually reliable trend.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Cmon, half seasons barely count. Landeskog is nowhere close to PPG over his career.

You guaranteed Mesar’s success. You said he’s a future 90pt player.

Is there a strong correlation between PPG D+1 production and PPG NHL production? You keep citing Landeskog who isn’t a PPG player. Is Landeskog the only name you could find?

Doesn’t seem like you’re in any position to guarantee anything if you can’t find at least one working example of your criteria working out, much less an actually reliable trend.

It seems you like to have the others do all the work for you while you sitting comfortably on your chair arguing with no facts.

At this point you need to start lifting your own fingers and do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

Reactions: RandomTask26

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Let's face it, Bombshell has completely ruined this thread and any constructive talk about Mesar that could possibly take place. We have a fanboy in here making wild proclamations about an intriguing prospect who's having a disappointing season. Future captain, figure PPG+ player, it's absolutely ridiculous and sewers any respectable discussion.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Let's face it, Bombshell has completely ruined this thread and any constructive talk about Mesar that could possibly take place. We have a fanboy in here making wild proclamations about an intriguing prospect who's having a disappointing season. Future captain, figure PPG+ player, it's absolutely ridiculous and sewers any respectable discussion.
I couldn’t have said it better

Reactions: ReHabs

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

His comment about Mesar going to be the real 2 OA in 2022 draft... thats looks a guy who just have really good weed to smoke.

I really like the skillset of Filip Mesar... but all we can expect from him at NHL level, that would be a Tomas Tatar like career, not a 2 OA like career. Tatar is a great top 6 player, Mesar have potential to be a great top 6 player, 50-60 pts per season... not 90 pts per season like Bombshell suggest.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
View attachment 667701

Case Closed
What are you talking about? Landeskog was a 50 points NHL player in his D1 year. On the other hand Mesar is struggling in the OHl. Yes being only a ppg player in the ohl is struggling for a "future nhl player"

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
1.00 aav point per game isnt that impressive in D1 OHL. Especially for a tiny guy. You can say, this is because he isnt use too play hockey in north america. But I expect at least 1,40 aav point per game to have a hope for a top 6 in the NHL…
He is small and also tiny.Even in the OHL he is undersized .Waste of a 1 st rnd pick.

Reactions: Habs

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Actuaally insane, complete joker arc. I've never seen someone dick ride a 26th overall like this before lmfao

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
His comment about Mesar going to be the real 2 OA in 2022 draft... thats looks a guy who just have really good weed to smoke.

I really like the skillset of Filip Mesar... but all we can expect from him at NHL level, that would be a Tomas Tatar like career, not a 2 OA like career. Tatar is a great top 6 player, Mesar have potential to be a great top 6 player, 50-60 pts per season... not 90 pts per season like Bombshell suggest.

Neither you or Bombshell are correct here,

There never was evidence to support the lunacy of him being a 2 OA talent and this season playing in a new country in a toxic environment with horrendous coaching the information is too tainted to definitively cap his ceiling at 50-60 points.

This thread has been a shart from the beginning with the competing hyperbolic takes.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

There never was evidence to support the lunacy of him being a 2 OA talent and this season playing in a new country in a toxic environment with horrendous coaching the information is too tainted to definitively cap his ceiling at 50-60 points.

This thread has been a shart from the beginning with the competing hyperbolic takes.

Seeing a Tomas Tatar career for Filip Mesar are more realistic than see Mesar a true 2 OA in 2022 draft.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
What are you talking about? Landeskog was a 50 points NHL player in his D1 year. On the other hand Mesar is struggling in the OHl. Yes being only a ppg player in the ohl is struggling for a "future nhl player"

What are you talking about?

The conversation was around OHL D+1 players being under PPG and becoming PPG in the NHL.

Landeskog was a 0.83 PPG in his D+1 OHL year and is a PPG in the NHL now.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I don’t like these proclamations because a bunch of bozos made the same smears against me when I was arguing that Slaf was rushed/should’ve been sent down.

But I’ve offered that user several opportunities to engage in an actual hockey analysis discussion and they’ve refused (which is their right) but it does derail the conversation when everybody is interacting with over the top statements that are inscrutable and impossible to process.

The object of conversation is to convey ideas in the most easy to comprehend manner…

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Give this man a cookie!

What are you talking about?

The conversation was around OHL D+1 players being under PPG and becoming PPG in the NHL.

Landeskog was a 0.83 PPG in his D+1 OHL year and is a PPG in the NHL now.
Same type of players too

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I don’t like these proclamations because a bunch of bozos made the same smears against me when I was arguing that Slaf was rushed/should’ve been sent down.

But I’ve offered that user several opportunities to engage in an actual hockey analysis discussion and they’ve refused (which is their right) but it does derail the conversation when everybody is interacting with over the top statements that are inscrutable and impossible to process.

The object of conversation is to convey ideas in the most easy to comprehend manner…

I don't mind unbridled enthusiasm, but in the case of Bombshell he's been aggressive with people at times, without backing up his optimism with detailed analysis.

I miss S Bah. He would probably proclaim Mesar a future all star and do so with a lot of emojis without insulting people.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

Nop, if you actually watch Mesar play, specially on the PP you'll understand. He's going to be an excellent PP producer. He reminds me of Martin St-Louis.

Assuming he'll be a top PP producer playing on the 1st PP lines he'll easely become a 90 pts player.

I think his ceiling if he fully develops well is 128 pts with today's NHL production rate. So like a top 5-10 league scorer in the NHL.

Thats assuming he develops his strengh and shot like MSL. He might also end up like a DD... that will be disappointing for sure.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I don't mind unbridled enthusiasm, but in the case of Bombshell he's been aggressive with people at times, without backing up his optimism with detailed analysis.

I miss S Bah. He would probably proclaim Mesar a future all star and do so with a lot of emojis without insulting people.

Agreed although I blocked SBah because his posts were so utterly mindless........I felt like a bad person for doing so lol

• Haha
Reactions: DAChampion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad