Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
no its some people coming in here and acting like punks because i'm making a prediction while they just sit in their corner and mock me for it.

I dont need to impress no one, however i do like to hear some other posters who watch him play and give their 2 cents. I dislike people whinning about the pick for the sake of whinning.

The truth is always in the middle, its just unfortunate Mesar's efforts are not valued, he generates so much offense .
Are you related to him ? I mean it's pretty clear why everybody "attacks u". We can't comment on his season without you saying "Have you seen him play all season?". . I mean it's really annoying and that's why you get all the heat.

Ok maybe Landeskog was not the best example.
"Maybe"

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
So you can’t name a single player who had the trajectory that you insist Mesar will have? Do I have I have that right?

Well MSL was undrafted, never played in the OHL, i would say he had a worst trajectory than Mesar "on paper" therefore Mesar's path to ascension should be easier with your logic.

Define how many examples you need, will 5 be enough and we call it a day?

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Well MSL was undrafted, never played in the OHL, i would say he had a worst trajectory than Mesar "on paper" therefore Mesar's path to ascension should be easier with your logic.

If you can name five players who played in the CHL and had a PPG of 1.00 or lower in their D+1 season and in the NHL ended up as PPG or near-PPG I will concede to you and defend you as an honourable gentleman.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

So by your logic, everybody that was drafted or played in the OHL had a better trajectory than MSL?

Reactions: DAChampion

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
If you can name five players who played in the CHL and had a PPG of 1.00 or lower in their D+1 season and in the NHL ended up as PPG or near-PPG I will concede to you and defend you as an honourable gentleman.

Martin Erat, (In todays era he would of been closer to PPG)
1999. WHL: 66 GP , 53 PTS 0.8 PPG
2006. NHL: 68 GP , 57 PTS 0.83 PPG (top 93 in scoring)

David Krejci, (Assistant Captain)
2004. QHL: 62 GP , 63 PTS
2008, NHL: 82 GP , 73 PTS

Radulov, 1.15 PPG in the Q, PPG+ with Dallas 2018

Tyler Bertuzzi, D+1, OHL 29 GP and 35 Pts, 2021 Detroit, 68 GP, 62 PTS. 35 pts in 29 games, he was below PPG before that season, this would qualify in my opinion as a disappointing D+1 season. Even if its due to injury.

Bonus: Joe Pavelski

There is an issue when it comes to the Canadian players, they play 1-2 CHL seasons before they're eligible for the draft, the GMs the guys with the highest PPGs. If you've been in the CHL for 1-2 years and your PPG is not amongs the best..you're not getting drafted, simple.

So the next thing to do is look at the undrafted 18 year olds who had weak PPGs and see how many of them made it to the NHL afterwards and had succesful careers

Also alot of the europeans who play in the NHL today din't go through the CHL...

and then there's the players who play NCAA... there's a list of NCAA players who are below PPG during their college years but then develop into PPG+ in the NHL.

So by your logic, everybody that was drafted or played in the OHL had a better trajectory than MSL?

c'est pas sa que j'ais dit pas du tout lgros....

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

WG

Sep 9, 2008
hey, i hope youre right since it is in all of our best interest, but I don;t have much hope. I'm thinking his ceiling will be a Lekonnen type player, or maybe a Tatar.
While decent if reached, as a 1st rounder you obviously hope for more.
Can you really ask for a whole lot more at the back of the 1st round? Getting a useful middle 6 or 2nd pair D is a reasonable ask but anything much better is a stretch.

Picks 20+ from recent drafts:

2013, best players picked at 20 or later: Mantha, Burakovsky, S. Theodore
2014: Pastrnak, McCann, Schmaltz
2015: Boeser, Konecny, Beauvillier
2016: T. Thompson (noone else over 100 career points)
2017: R. Thomas, Oettinger
2018: K. Miller, Sandin
2019: Tomasino, McMichael, Heinola
2020: Mukhamudullin, Zary, M. Bourque

Your mileage may vary and of course there is still lots of time for some of those later draft years to settle out but I see maybe four guys out of 80+ picks who would qualify as home run picks. Maybe add Thomas to the list, but that's still less than one guy per draft year who ends up as noticeably better than Lek or TT.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
The comp I like for Mesar is Radulov. People need to remember how hard it is to fit in to a team culture in someone's first year in a foreign country (Especially for Slovaks, Russians and Czechs who come in with little english skills). And this factor impacts production tremendously. Radu had 1.15 PPG in his first year with Quebec (D+1). The real test will be next yr (hopefully with Kitchener again) which will show to us whether his work to adjust to NA culture and NA play in year one was good enough or not. Comparing Mesar to NA kids or Swedish kids is incredibly disingenuous and shows a deep lack of understanding of what is currently happening with him.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006

Tyler Bertuzzi, D+1, OHL 29 GP and 35 Pts, 2021 Detroit, 68 GP, 62 PTS. 35 pts in 29 games, he was below PPG before that season, this would qualify in my opinion as a disappointing D+1 season. Even if its due to injury.

The issue is that for the Canadian players, they play 1-2 seasons before getting drafted and the most often than not they only draft players with PPG+, almost every time.

The ones who dont get drafted are the ones with the weaker PPGs usually. So the next thing to do is look at the undrafted 18 years olds who had a weak PPG and see how many made it in the NHL and had succesful careers

Also alot of the europeans who become good don't play in the CHL ever or dont even get drafted by a CHL team... there's also the players who play NCAA... there's a huge list of NCAA players who do below PPG and have succesful careers with around PPG

Still waiting for an answer to my wager offer.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008

The issue is that for the Canadian players, they play 1-2 seasons before getting drafted and the most often than not they only draft players with PPG+, almost every time.

The ones who dont get drafted are the ones with the weaker PPGs usually. So the next thing to do is look at the undrafted 18 years olds who had a weak PPG and see how many made it in the NHL and had succesful careers

Also alot of the europeans who become good don't play in the CHL ever or dont even get drafted by a CHL team... there's also the players who play NCAA... there's a huge list of NCAA players who do below PPG and have succesful careers with around PPG

I honestly thought you were a troll. Now I'm not sure about it. This is either a full commitment to the troll life, or you're just a great poster with a different opinion. keep dropping the bombshells!

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Something tells me a part of it is the team he plays on. Even Pinelli, as a second rounder with OHL experience in his D+1, barely got over ppg.
Of course! He plays on a bad team with bad coaching...

Not many people are saying Mesar is bad. Myself I think he could somewhat easily end up being Koivu-like, a 60-65 pts player on the small side that plays wtith intensity.

We're just saying he's not gonna get 130 points in the NHL lol.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Of course! He plays on a bad team with bad coaching...

Not many people are saying Mesar is bad. Myself I think he could somewhat easily end up being Koivu-like, a 60-65 pts player on the small side that plays wtith intensity.

We're just saying he's not gonna get 130 points in the NHL lol.

Do you realize Koivu was 1.12 PPG in his second year before he got injured? Thats 92 Pts over a period of 82 games and in 1996-1997 he would of finished 8th in points if that happend. Last year's 8th place was Tkachuk with 104 pts. See how every road leads to Rome?

I honestly thought you were a troll. Now I'm not sure about it. This is either a full commitment to the troll life, or you're just a great poster with a different opinion. keep dropping the bombshells!

I appreciate the encouragement !

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Do you realize Koivu was 1.12 PPG in his second year before he got injured? Thats 92 Pts over a period of 82 games and in 1996-1997 he would of finished 8th in points if that happend. Last year's 8th place was Tkachuk with 104 pts. See how every road leads to Rome?
That's a hypothetical situation that, unfortunatley, didn't materialize. I'm saying I think Mesar can become the Koivu we got to see for his career.

And I'm a HUGE Koivu fan.

Reactions: DAChampion

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
That's a hypothetical situation that, unfortunatley, didn't materialize. I'm saying I think Mesar can become the Koivu we got to see for his career.

And I'm a HUGE Koivu fan.

me to,

im just saying Koivu was going to be that type of player for us if it wasn't for the injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad