Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I don’t like these proclamations because a bunch of bozos made the same smears against me when I was arguing that Slaf was rushed/should’ve been sent down.

But I’ve offered that user several opportunities to engage in an actual hockey analysis discussion and they’ve refused (which is their right) but it does derail the conversation when everybody is interacting with over the top statements that are inscrutable and impossible to process.

The object of conversation is to convey ideas in the most easy to comprehend manner…

You asked me to find you a hockey player who was a sub PPG in his D+1 OHL year and who then became a PPG in the NHL. I did, i found you Landeskog which you claimed only had 1 PPG season which was false and i proved you wrong.

We can't have an objective conversation when your intent is disingenuous.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Nop, if you actually watch Mesar play, specially on the PP you'll understand. He's going to be an excellent PP producer. He reminds me of Martin St-Louis.

Assuming he'll be a top PP producer playing on the 1st PP lines he'll easely become a 90 pts player.

I think his ceiling if he fully develops well is 128 pts with today's NHL production rate. So like a top 5-10 league scorer in the NHL.

Thats assuming he develops his strengh and shot like MSL. He might also end up like a DD... that will be disappointing for sure.

Either you are just trying to be provocative by spewing hyperbolic drivel such as this, or................there is no good way to say it so I won't.

If you had to put $1000 down on Mesar's highest career point total being closer to 128 than 60 there is no doubt in my mind that you would pick 60 because i don't believe for a second that you even believe what you are saying.

Reactions: MasterD

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
You asked me to find you a hockey player who was a sub PPG in his D+1 OHL year and who then became a PPG in the NHL. I did, i found you Landeskog which you claimed only had 1 PPG season which was false and i proved you wrong.

We can't have an objective conversation when your intent is disingenuous.

He was over a ppg in his draft year and played in the NHL and scored 52 points in his D+1 season.

You calling people disingenuous is disingenuous in and of itself.

Last edited:

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
What are you talking about?

The conversation was around OHL D+1 players being under PPG and becoming PPG in the NHL.

Landeskog was a 0.83 PPG in his D+1 OHL year and is a PPG in the NHL now.
How old was Landeskog during his 0.83 ppg year and how old is Mesar right now? What a ridiculous comparison. Mcdavid was 1.04 ppg in his d+1 ohl year, i guess Mesar is in the same tier?

Last edited:

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Either you are just trying to be provocative by spewing hyperbolic drivel such as this, or................there is no good way to say it so I won't.

If you had to put $1000 down on Mesar's highest career point total being closer to 128 than 60 there is no doubt in my mind that you would pick 60 because i don't believe for a second that you even believe what you are saying.

What happens if my predictions are right though?

60 with today's production is not a tremendous feat. Boston might have 6-8 players who will finish with 60 pts this year. 128 is a top 5-10 producer and MSL is the ceiling i see in Mesar, MSL was a top 5 producer in his prime, i think he even finished no1 in one year. I gotta stay consistant with my logic.

Reactions: themilosh

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

60 with today's production is not a tremendous feat. Boston might have 6-8 players who will finish with 60 pts this year. 128 is a top 5-10 producer and MSL is the ceiling i see in Mesar, MSL was a top 5 producer in his prime, i think he even finished no1 in one year. I gotta stay consistant with my logic.
"I'd rather drive full speed into a wall to be consistent than admit I might be wrong"

Never change

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

You might want to consider that your "logic" is entirely devoid of logic.

Even the Boston comment is bizarre as they only have 4 players with a reasonable chance of hitting 60 points but you just arbitrarily inflate it to 6-8 players. Sure injuries play a part based on ppg but they also play a part in allowing players to play higher in the lineup where they can pad their ppg.

At some point you need to realize that almost every proclamation that you make is egregiously disingenuous and easily debunked

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
You might want to consider that your "logic" is entirely devoid of logic.

Even the Boston comment is bizarre as they only have 4 players with a reasonable chance of hitting 60 points but you just arbitrarily inflate it to 6-8 players. Sure injuries play a part based on ppg but they also play a part in allowing players to play higher in the lineup where they can pad their ppg.

At some point you need to realize that almost every proclamation that you make is egregiously disingenuous and easily debunked

First, they're predictions.
How do you debunk predictions exactly?

Problem we're facing again is that most people here simply do not watch the games.

If Mesar develops his strengh and shot at an MSL level, how do you realistically not see him become a top 5 producer in the NHL. With all the PP time he'll get, with the speed, skills and what not.

I dont know man... chui tu fou moe

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
First, they're predictions.
How do you debunk predictions exactly?

Problem we're facing again is that most people here simply do not watch the games.

If Mesar develops his strengh and shot at an MSL level, how do you realistically not see him become a top 5 producer in the NHL. With all the PP time he'll get, with the speed, skills and what not.

I dont know man... chui tu fou moe
Fou je sais pas, entêté et irréaliste oui.

Mesar COULF be the next MSL, I'm seeing more the next Koivu, but he could also be the next Robbie Schremp. Time will tell.

Reactions: 1909

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Fou je sais pas, entêté et irréaliste oui.

Mesar COULF be the next MSL, I'm seeing more the next Koivu, but he could also be the next Robbie Schremp. Time will tell.

Ouais mais moe j'ais les balls de me mouiller avant le fait. Tu peux dire je suis fou des l'annee prochaine s'il fait pas au moins l'AHL.

And yes i always said he needs to develop his strengh and shot. If he doesn't develop his strengh, he'll probably never going to be an NHLer and if he doesn't develop his shot he will struggle producing since he'll probably not going to play top minutes. He's got the tools to become an MLS, he just needs to work really hard this summer, which im sure he will.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Ouais mais moe j'ais les balls de me mouiller avant le fait. Tu peux dire je suis fou des l'annee prochaine s'il fait pas au moins l'AHL.

And yes i always said he needs to develop his strengh and shot. If he doesn't develop his strengh, he'll probably never going to be an NHLer and if he doesn't develop his shot he will struggle producing since he'll probably not going to play top minutes. He's got the tools to become an MLS, he just needs to work really hard this summer, which im sure he will.
"Les balls de me mouiller"!? Lol

Sure bud. A real real man, making predictions on a hockey forum. You'll get tons of women with that much ballz.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
He's sus, he's small , reminds me of a Timmins pick and I'm not impressed. Another first rounder thrown into the wind, for the sake of making our #1 pick happy, nothing more.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal

C'est vraiment impressionnant avoir les couilles de faire des prédictions qui ne font pas de sens sur un forum de hockey.

• Haha

Jul 6, 2016
He's sus, he's small , reminds me of a Timmins pick and I'm not impressed. Another first rounder thrown into the wind, for the sake of making our #1 pick happy, nothing more.
It looks like it.... Kulich was ranked way ahead of Mesar by most scouts.

I like the Hutson's pick. Lucky to get him that low. But Habs could have had drafted Luneau instead of Beck with pick 33. A RHD, QB mobile d-man on top of that.

Wright is getting out of his shell now. He is averaging 2ppg. Seattle has handled him very well after all.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3 and Habs

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Te 'mouiller' pour quoi ? T'as tu sérieusement besoin d'essayer d'impressioner à ce point là ?

Come on man, drop it, you made your claims, live or die with 'em, you won't change the others cause you want to, I hope you realize that.

As of right now, he remains a skilled, undersized winger, who's wildly inconsistent and who doesn't like contacts.

That's it, he may get better next year, for our sake I hope he does, cause right now there are a couple drafted behind him that looks way better.

Reactions: themilosh and 1909

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON

hey, i hope youre right since it is in all of our best interest, but I don;t have much hope. I'm thinking his ceiling will be a Lekonnen type player, or maybe a Tatar.
While decent if reached, as a 1st rounder you obviously hope for more.

Jul 6, 2016
The only thing that looks positive in Mesar's stats is the fact that he is only one of the three players on his team to have 1 ppg average or more. n(with significant number of games played). Mesar is at 1 ppg exactly.

Reactions: Bombshell11

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
"Les balls de me mouiller"!? Lol

Sure bud. A real real man, making predictions on a hockey forum. You'll get tons of women with that much ballz.

You guys are derailing this thread.

Btw there's a shit load of people who made BOLD predictions about Price winning a SC in Mtl within 5 years of the Halak trade, or that he'll be the next Roy or Brodeur or Dryden... (Ron Fournier comes into mind)

Suzuki was signed to a 8 year contract long way before he proved anything on a regular season.. isn't that a prediction of it self?

You guys choose to bash on a player you don't watch, im just here to put the needle back to its place.

And if i get banned because i speak my mind and am following a player and happen to be a fan of him, so be it. The toxicity is only coming from the ones who are clueless btw. I dont have any arguments with the people who watch him like i do.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
You guys are derailing this thread.

Btw there's a shit load of people who made BOLD predictions about Price winning a SC in Mtl within 5 years of the Halak trade, or that he'll be the next Roy or Brodeur or Dryden... (Ron Fournier comes into mind)

Suzuki was signed to a 8 year contract long way before he proved anything on a regular season.. isn't that a prediction of it self?

You guys choose to bash on a player you don't watch, im just here to put the needle back to its place.

And if i get banned because i speak my mind and am following a player and happen to be a fan of him, so be it. The toxicity is only coming from the ones who are clueless btw. I dont have any arguments with the people who watch him like i do.

you don't get banned for speaking your mind, do you think you are Spartacus? lol. You do get banned by talking about why you were banned though. I could write an ebook on that

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Te 'mouiller' pour quoi ? T'as tu sérieusement besoin d'essayer d'impressioner à ce point là ?

Come on man, drop it, you made your claims, live or die with 'em, you won't change the others cause you want to, I hope you realize that.

As of right now, he remains a skilled, undersized winger, who's wildly inconsistent and who doesn't like contacts.

That's it, he may get better next year, for our sake I hope he does, cause right now there are a couple drafted behind him that looks way better.

no its some people coming in here and acting like punks because i'm making a prediction while they just sit in their corner and mock me for it.

I dont need to impress no one, however i do like to hear some other posters who watch him play and give their 2 cents. I dislike people whinning about the pick for the sake of whinning.

The truth is always in the middle, its just unfortunate Mesar's efforts are not valued, he generates so much offense .

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
What are you talking about?

The conversation was around OHL D+1 players being under PPG and becoming PPG in the NHL.

Landeskog was a 0.83 PPG in his D+1 OHL year and is a PPG in the NHL now.
In what alternate dimension was Landeskog 0.83 PPG in his D+1 OHL year?

In his D+1 season, he was playing in the NHL for the Avs lmao

Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 2.21.19 PM.png

Reactions: ReHabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad