Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Michael Misa is way younger than him and has more than 1 ppg.

He's the only player above PPG playing his first OHL year, Mesar is the second one.

Michael Misa is OHL's 1st OA pick. and like the post above said, he's currently projected to be the 1st OA 2025 pick.

Now look at Beck, he's way below the PPG mark after the trade, yet people don't hold that againts him.

Why is that? it almost seems like to be a PPG in the OHL you either need to be a prodigy or been playing for a year or two with the same team.

Jul 6, 2016
He's the only player above PPG playing his first OHL year, Mesar is the second one.

Michael Misa is OHL's 1st OA pick.

Now look at Beck, he's way below the PPG mark after the trade, yet people don't hold that againts him.

Why is that?
Mesar has played against men last year in Slovakia. Maybe he has a hard time adapting to his new environment-teamates-etc... How come Kulich is having a very good season at the AHL level in Rochester against men ? As for Beck, we don't know the s=reasons why he dropped so much in his production. His use by his new coach ? A mental block after a trade he was not expecting ? A sweetheart left in his former town ???

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Mesar has played against men last year in Slovakia. Maybe he has a hard time adapting to his new environment-temates-etc... How come Kulich is having a very good season at the AHL level in Rochester ? As for Beck, we don't know the s=reasons why he dropped so much in his production. His use by his new coach ? A mental block after a trade he was not expecting ? A sweetheart left in his former town ???

Bro, did you misread what i said?

To be a PPG in your first year you need to be gifted, doesn't matter where you're coming from.

Mesar is currently doing GREAT. I'm sure he'll be a PPG in the AHL next year too.

• Haha
Reactions: GettingYourMoms

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Anybody bashing Mesar doing any more research than checking hockeyDB?

I've been to 6 games this year and I thought Mesar has looked good in all of them.

I know because "he's a 1st round pick" most think that that translates to being able to dominate the OHL, but it's a competitive league with loads of 1st rounders and solid overagers. Couple that with Kitchener being an absolute cluster-F this year and underwhelming at best, I don't think his PPG provides any insight to how good this kid is or will be.

Jul 6, 2016
Bro, did you misread what i said?

To be a PPG in your first year you need to be gifted, doesn't matter where you're coming from.

Mesar is currently doing GREAT. I'm sure he'll be a PPG in the AHL next year too.
It is his first year at Junuor level in Canada... But he was already a pro player in a better league against older players last season. So, his ststs are underwhelming because of that.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
It is his first year at Junuor level in Canada... But he was already a pro player in a better league against older players last season. So, his ststs are underwhelming because of that.

You don't know what you're talking about sir,
He went to the OHL because the Slovakian league was considered to be lower.

His stats are not underwhelming at all, Beck's stats are underwhelming, Slaf's are.

He's doing absolutely great, not above expectations but still great.

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Mesar has played against men last year in Slovakia. Maybe he has a hard time adapting to his new environment-teamates-etc... How come Kulich is having a very good season at the AHL level in Rochester against men ? As for Beck, we don't know the s=reasons why he dropped so much in his production. His use by his new coach ? A mental block after a trade he was not expecting ? A sweetheart left in his former town ???
Maybe because Czech extraliga is one of the best in europe, better than DEL and comparable to Liiga and Slovak league hardly on EBEL level? U can use my argument with Jiricek vs Nemec. Everybody was salivating over Nemec being point per game player in Slovakia and now it shows that Jiricek is not only better defensively but offensively too. And you will see same with Eduard Sale once he is in AHL.

Jul 6, 2016
Fun to see three Seattle prospects ahead of our four Habs prospects

Wright at 1.75
Goyette at 1.35
Ty Nelson at 1.13

Beck at 1.08 (1.37 before his trade)
Guindon at 1.07
Rohrer at 0.98
Mesar at 0.95

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
Besides all the new stuff he had to learn, lets not forget he's an 18 years old kid. Dont tell me you were all going all in at your job or wouldnt be a little inconsistent at the same age. At 18 years old I was an immature pothead. He is a first round pick for the Habs. They're not all Gallagher's in terms of playing like there's no tomorrow. All I want to see from him is progress from season to season. He's a few years away from the NHL.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Wright at 1.75
Goyette at 1.35
Ty Nelson at 1.13

Guindon at 1.07
Rohrer at 0.98
Mesar at 0.95
Where is Hutson? He's our 2nd round pick. What shitty comparison is that? That's just pure trolling. Sorry.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Wright at 1.75
Goyette at 1.35
Ty Nelson at 1.13

Guindon at 1.07
Rohrer at 0.98
Mesar at 0.95

I wanted us to take Goyette badly, think we will regret that one but Beck has impressed me so we'll see how it turns out.

I liked Nelson while watching Vrbetic but Hutson was the better gamble, I liked Kyrou more then Nelson, if only you could combine the two as Nelson has the skating/speed/mobility that Kyrou can only dream of but he can snipe it.

If the Habs f***ed up the '22 draft it's going to suck big time as it then puts in doubt if we have the right group making the picks. On the other hand Hughes/Gorton really sound like they are smart and know what they are doing so I'm willing to give them a lot of rope as the draft could still end up being very good.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
I wanted us to take Goyette badly, think we will regret that one but Beck has impressed me so we'll see how it turns out.

I liked Nelson while watching Vrbetic but Hutson was the better gamble, I liked Kyrou more then Nelson, if only you could combine the two as Nelson has the skating/speed/mobility that Kyrou can only dream of but he can snipe it.

If the Habs f***ed up the '22 draft it's going to suck big time as it then puts in doubt if we have the right group making the picks. On the other hand Hughes/Gorton really sound like they are smart and know what they are doing so I'm willing to give them a lot of rope as the draft could still end up being very good.

If we evaluate solely by the results so far, you could argue the surprising emergence of Hutson and Engstrom compensates for the underwhelming picks that preceded them.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Time will tell of course, but we all know the 22 draft was average at best, and the draft is always a crapshoot.

We'll start having a good idea about our draft team and management when we can evaluate their 3-4 first drafts, which is about 6-7 years. It's hard to accept, but it's reality. Takes time to where theses kids land.

Plus there's development...

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I never liked this player. He's always been incredibly inconsistent and enigmatic, ie: the Bobrov special.

I think, at the time of the draft, most here wanted Kulich. Why are we better at this than Bobrov and co?
Numerous players have been drafted by Montreal and succeeded outside of the organization.

Montreal just isn’t a destination most players want to play. High taxes, French media, high pressure. I’m sure a lot of the player the habs missed on would not be as good as they became if drafted by Montreal.

Reactions: calder candidate

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Whether it's something to worry about or not - it seems very similar to my prediction (which was backed by him not really wanting to go to the OHL). I've seen plenty of games and he just looks uninterested. It kind of sucks because during pre-season and his AHL appearance, he worked his ass off every shift. In the OHL, I really see someone who doesn't want to be there. But at the same time, I also see someone who thinks of the game in a professional aspect rather than the "all over the place" junior game.

I really think if he was in the AHL this year, he'd have 30-40 points without question and there would be a lot less people questioning him.

I'll throw out a ridiculous comparison. You're on a 1 month vacation with the extended family - 8 adults, 12 kids. One of the adults gets sick for 3-4 days. You're the oldest of the "kids" and you start playing cards with the adults at night because they're now short a player. The sick adult comes back on the 5th day and now you have go play at the kids table again. How much would that piss you off? I know it used to happen to me a little. If the adults were short, I'd play. If not, I was pushed back to the play with the other kids (who most were much younger than me at the time). It puts you in a terrible mindset and it sucks.

Add in learning a new culture, new country, probably living away from parents for the first time, and having a bunch of teammates who know the OHL is the end for them (aka PARTY TIME), and his initial refusal to go the OHL... and I think it's pretty clear that it's a hard season to judge him. But it's also a year of development that is getting pushed aside.
Was about to say something like this. Playing with either teammates that you don’t fit with or in a league of immature teenagers can be soul sucking. That being said.. attitude is everything. Some people are going to face the most uphill of battles in life even though they have skills that should separate them from the rest. Living as an example of this I have found out you will fail much quicker than most of you don’t dig dig dig !!!! Like HARD. You gotta dig. Also, hockey is very political. I gauruntee there are some players on that squad that don’t want to see Mesar succeed from jealousy or whatever. He’s got an uphill battle and he needs to understand that and DIG!

Now if the coaches are holding him back that’s even HARDER to deal with.

Good luck to this quick speedy medium IQ player. Hope to see him grow out of his shell.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

Like the way Gorton talks but let’s not forget we are in a Dog eat Dog world… still.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Dude you're spot on. Despite all the challenges he remains a PPG player who could have had easely more points if #1 was used more often, #2 most of the players could keep up with his speed.

I also believe he could have done great in the AHL this year. He looked ready in many aspects

He does seem disinterested at times but i think that has more to do with culture than him being interested or not. I was like that too in my first year of hockey, started late, i dint know the environment very well so i was more of an introvert even if i was killing it outside the rink, had nothing to do with my interest, just socially awkward with the team.

He's the first PPG player ever to not have atleast one point per game on average. I think that make him special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad