Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
So, it is forbidden to give my outlook about a prospect ? That's what every posters on this board are doing on a daily basis towards any of our prospects or players.

How can you give an outlook about a player who has yet to play 1 AHL or NHL game?

Like come on man.... Xhekaj had 17 points in the OHL, he wasn't even drafted... he was able to translate that production to the NHL.

Some players don't shine vs weaker opposition... it is what it is.

Maybe Mesar is one of those guys, after all he played vs men for 2 years before the draft

You're overly negative and without cause.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
What makes you think he isn't good enough for the AHL, because he's not playing the first game? Davidson had a great camp and isn't playing either. Legaré and Beaudin are both AHL veterans and they ain't playing either. We might see some rotation and most of the guys sitting might play the second game because there's clearly too many bodies, doesn't mean they ain't good enough.

If he was he'd be in the lineup. The guy was barely a ppg player in juniors at 18. Talent is supposed to be his game.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Such a bad pick....

His teamates are bad dude, didn't you learn anything from Bombshell?!?!?
I hate the argument 'he's not producing because the teammates aren't talented enough'. If he was talented enough, he'd still produce with what he has like many before him. If not playing with talent affects that much, it's a sign the player isn't that good IMO.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I hate the argument 'he's not producing because the teammates aren't talented enough'. If he was talented enough, he'd still produce with what he has like many before him. If not playing with talent affects that much, it's a sign the player isn't that good IMO.

I never understood that, he's clearly a playmaker, you can make great passes but if you have ECHLers as linemates they can struggle to convert. So if he makes some nice passes but they don't get converted, it's still nice passes.

To me the concern is much more the attitude or at the very least inconsistent effort. That's a red flag but I saw similar things from Caufield in his Freshman year. He got the message, we'll see if Mesar does or not.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I never understood that, he's clearly a playmaker, you can make great passes but if you have ECHLers as linemates they can struggle to convert. So if he makes some nice passes but they don't get converted, it's still nice passes.

To me the concern is much more the attitude or at the very least inconsistent effort. That's a red flag but I saw similar things from Caufield in his Freshman year. He got the message, we'll see if Mesar does or not.

That's the thing for me - if they won't send him to the OHL because he doesn't want to be there? Then they need to have a conversation with him because he can't develop if he's not willing to develop and take the advice given to him for what is best for his progression.

If he doesn't see it that way, then you gotta maximize the asset before all value is lost.

That being said, the freaking out about a late first round pick and calling it a big blow to the Habs or even that he's alright a bust. That's just nonsensical stuff from an impatient fanbase with unrealistic expectations at what happens at each draft.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I never understood that, he's clearly a playmaker, you can make great passes but if you have ECHLers as linemates they can struggle to convert.
...That shouldn't be a problem in the OHL though.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

it was a huge problem last year for Mesar

We have said it many times, we will say it again, Mesar generated the most goal opportunitie/ per 60 mins of any OHL player last year

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

We have said it many times, we will say it again, Mesar generated the most goal opportunitie/ per 60 mins of any OHL player last year

How did Crosby and McDavid produce in the CHL?

I suspect that they had a higher hockey IQ than their teammates.

Last edited:

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
The point is that the notion that Mesar is too smart to produce in the CHL seems very unlikely.
And especially in last year's OHL, which was the weakest CHL league by quite a margin.

You sounding like Golum is amazingly appropriate.

• Haha
Reactions: kudla

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

of course it could easily be just replace ECHLers with less talented players.

He's shown he is skilled, to that there shouldn't be much question, the problem is he hasn't shown he wants to work hard every shift, and that's a concern. Now we have to see how this new development team can get the best out of him or not.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Another case of what it seems to be stupid development issues. If that's true that the Habs promised him something....it makes the kid entitled.

Reactions: Gustave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad