Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
This kid clearly isn't ready for the AHL, what is the solution? ECHL? OHL?
Sadly there really is no good solution.

Hughes promised the kid he would be in the AHL this year regardless of performance, and Mesar and Slafkovsky already signed a lease together so they don't want to screw up this kids plans.

Hughes is too scared to demote Mesar because he doesn't want to upset Slaf. It is just another example of the organization wanting to do right by their players regardless of performance.

Reactions: themilosh and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Hughes promised the kid he would be in the AHL this year regardless of performance, and Mesar and Slafkovsky already signed a lease together so they don't want to screw up this kids plans.

Hughes is too scared to demote Mesar because he doesn't want to upset Slaf. It is just another example of the organization wanting to do right by their players regardless of performance.
There are a few scenarios that are difficult to navigate through. The one you mentioned and also the Gallagher situation. A player wearing an "A" is the least used forward. Ouch.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
The point is that the notion that Mesar is too smart to produce in the CHL seems very unlikely.
Here is that notion summed up in one picture:

copium_png.png

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Houle is a useless moron. Mesar should have played one of the first 2 games. If they aren't going to send him to TR Hughes should not allow Houle to bench him. And if the idiot had played hi in the 1st 2 games and it was obvious he wasn't ready Hughes should be able to convince him to go to TR.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Houle is a useless moron. Mesar should have played one of the first 2 games. If they aren't going to send him to TR Hughes should not allow Houle to bench him.
I mean who is he beating out? Prospect wise there isn't much dead weight in Laval and there's only four vet forwards. If anything the only dumb thing is the lack of vet goalie. Mann is more of an ECHL guy and Dobes is a rookie.

Reactions: themilosh

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I mean who is he beating out? Prospect wise there isn't much dead weight in Laval and there's only four vet forwards. If anything the only dumb thing is the lack of vet goalie. Mann is more of an ECHL guy and Dobes is a rookie.
If he was promised a spot in Laval better to give him some games to see if he is ready for the AHL. If he is not ready he may recognize that and accept moving to OHL on ECHL.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If he was promised a spot in Laval better to give him some games to see if he is ready for the AHL. If he is not ready he may recognize that and accept moving to OHL on ECHL.
To be honest it's on him, he isn't good enough for the AHL and still signed a lease on an apartment to share with Slaf. They're basically leveraging their friendship to prevent him from going to Kitchener and pretty much killing his career as a result.

EDIT: I'll add the word allegedly in here because I have heard the lease thing from others but obviously can't verify it since I don't know them IRL.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
To be honest it's on him, he isn't good enough for the AHL and still signed a lease on an apartment to share with Slaf. They're basically leveraging their friendship to prevent him from going to Kitchener and pretty much killing his career as a result.

EDIT: I'll add the word allegedly in here because I have heard the lease thing from others but obviously can't verify it since I don't know them IRL.

Are you afraid he producers in the AHL?

You know Laval is not winning right now, Houle better find a solution quickly. Mesar is a 1st round draft and you've excluded him last year after only 1 game? Now you're not even trying to see how he may look.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Are you afraid he producers in the AHL?

You know Laval is not winning right now, Houle better find a solution quickly. Mesar is a 1st round draft and you've excluded him last year after only 1 game? Now you're not even trying to see how he may look.
Laval is averaging 3.5 goals a game and are third in the division in goals for with only one goal less than the two tied for first. The issue is entirely in net and with defensive structure. They've let in the most goals in the league thus far. Mesar is the opposite of what would help there.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Laval is averaging 3.5 goals a game and are third in the division in goals for with only one goal less than the two tied for first. The issue is entirely in net and with defensive structure. They've let in the most goals in the league thus far. Mesar is the opposite of what would help there.

With Mesar the team would be spending most of its time in the O-Zone.

He's actually the opposite of the opposite of what you think he can provide

Reactions: HankyZetts

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

They have been spending most of the time in the offensive zone.. They've drawn the most penalties in the league, 15 in 2 games. They outshot the first game 33 to 22 and the second 44 to 29. It's literally entirely defensive zone coverage and the goalies sinking them...

Last edited:

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Habs have had very few successes with late first round picks. Maybe Mailloux changes that.
Mailloux needs a lot of time, ALOT. He needs the conditioning in the AHL. Even if he gets hot and starts getting points and dominating this year, he’s still only a call up option because hes missed ALOT of in game conditioning.

You could see it in the game we played the devils. He stuck with Hughes speed and such but when it came to turning and having the conditioning it was like he had drank the night before and got an hours sleep.

Reactions: Tyson

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Just send him to his junior team already, Habs should do the same with Barron and send him to Laval. They need to play if they're ever going to amount to something, launching paper planes from the press box à la Ryder won't help them improve.

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022

Love your enthusiasm for mesar and I hope your right but I have an honest question do you know him personally? I have never seen anyone so defensive and respond to every post about an prospect

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Love your enthusiasm for mesar and I hope your right but I have an honest question do you know him personally? I have never seen anyone so defensive and respond to every post about an prospect

Mesar has regressed this year from last year, for me personally he went from a A+ prospect to a B+, im not replying to every post but only to those who are being irrational. All this to say that no i dont know him and im not defending him. Im just being attacked constantly for expressing an opinion so im forced to defend my position.

Im alot less active than i was last year

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Mesar has regressed this year from last year, for me personally he went from a A+ prospect to a B+, im not replying to every post but only to those who are being irrational. All this to say that no i dont know him and im not defending him. Im just being attacked constantly for expressing an opinion so im forced to defend my position.

Im alot less active than i was last year
That sounds more like someone categorically refusing being wrong than like a rationnal poster.

Reactions: ReHabs

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018

Wonder if that’s true.

If it is, it will be interesting to see how they navigate the situation. Don’t know if any promises were made to him.

At this point, they need to play him and see how he performs. Laval has three games this week, including a two in two.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC

Where did you hear this from? There's no way they will keep Mesar up there if he isn't playing regularly, plans change all the time.
I also doubt that they're just trying to please Slaf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad