Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
A rental agreement should be the least of their problems. Shame on the Habs for their shambolic drafting and player development priorities but the onus is on Mešar to come out on top of whatever circumstance it is he finds himself.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So, it is forbidden to give my outlook about a prospect ? That's what every posters on this board are doing on a daily basis towards any of our prospects or players.

Not forbidden but there is also no value to jump on a prospect when they are down either. He's clearly needs more development time against pro's

Reactions: Miller Time

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Not forbidden but there is also no value to jump on a prospect when they are down either. He's clearly needs more development time against pro's
... He didn't even completely pass the junior stage ffs.

I wouldn't have any problems with Mesar playing against pros in Slovakia. That's where Tourigny went last season. Or maybe the Allsvenskan.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't put any stock into what Houle has to say. He's a f***ing moron and I can't stand him.
He may be but he is a significant improvement over Sylvain Lefebvre and Joel Bouchard. I think he has done some good work developing young players. Just my opinion.

As far as Mesar goes though, he didn't seem to have gotten bigger, faster, more assertive whatsoever. He resembles the same player drafted 20 months ago.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He may be but he is a significant improvement over Sylvain Lefebvre and Joel Bouchard. I think he has done some good work developing young players. Just my opinion.

As far as Mesar goes though, he didn't seem to have gotten bigger, faster, more assertive whatsoever. He resembles the same player drafted 20 months ago.

It's a very low bar.. and I just really don't like him. He has his favorites and anyone who isn't his favorite can do no right.

He made a decision on Mysak from when he was a teenager in the league and despite a fantastic camp at all levels, Houle is still undercutting him, publicly doubting his ability, and scratching him in game 1 of the year.

He's still old-school and when you're talking about Marty who won't look at tape of a guy and lets the guy make his mark, you've got Houle who won't change his mind no matter what.

It's a clear break in the culture and philosophy of the team to keep Houle around spewing Lefebvre-esque nonsense.

He may be right about Mesar; but he's also not shown himself to be an unbiased narrator.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
It's a very low bar.. and I just really don't like him. He has his favorites and anyone who isn't his favorite can do no right.

He made a decision on Mysak from when he was a teenager in the league and despite a fantastic camp at all levels, Houle is still undercutting him, publicly doubting his ability, and scratching him in game 1 of the year.

He's still old-school and when you're talking about Marty who won't look at tape of a guy and lets the guy make his mark, you've got Houle who won't change his mind no matter what.

It's a clear break in the culture and philosophy of the team to keep Houle around spewing Lefebvre-esque nonsense.

He may be right about Mesar; but he's also not shown himself to be an unbiased narrator.
Spoken like a true prodigy!

He wants everyone to be in the same mold, and any player who doesn't fit that mole is in the doghouse. It's as old school as it gets.

I truly hope they don't keep him after this year, but what Gorton said earlier in TC has me worried that they might extend him.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Spoken like a true prodigy!

He wants everyone to be in the same mold, and any player who doesn't fit that mole is in the doghouse. It's as old school as it gets.

I truly hope they don't keep him after this year, but what Gorton said earlier in TC has me worried that they might extend him.
Gorton also wanted to keep Ducharme until the end of the season, not how things turned out...

What Gorton said pre-season just reflected that they considered Houle did a good job because the calls-up were ready to play and some of the prospects did improve last year. Trudeau, Norlinder, Mysak being notable at least at the Habs camp, no idea what happened between that and the Rocket season start thought...

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
I think he's regressed.
Is the Slovak league that bad? He had decent production for a 16/18 years old in a pro league and now at 19 almost 20 he can't even make an ahl squad. Either he has regressed/plataued or that league is one of the weakest in Europe

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Is the Slovak league that bad? He had decent production for a 16/18 years old in a pro league and now at 19 almost 20 he can't even make an ahl squad. Either he has regressed/plataued or that league is one of the weakest in Europe
Well, Habs legend Alexander Avstin is a goal per game so far in that league this season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

weak league for sure but I would need to see him play before I say anything about regressing or peaking.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

It's a weak league, but at age 16-17 it makes a good impression regardless.

The problem seems to be within the ears. I think he's more concerned with his current abilities than doing what it takes to progress.

Reactions: Gondrex and 1909

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Yeah I pointed out some examples a few pages back. It's typically lower tier than the ECHL.

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Well, Habs legend Alexander Avstin is a goal per game so far in that league this season.
I actually still have an unused, pro stock Avtsin stick! Maybe it will be worth something some day! 🤭

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
What is Mesars rights get traded to London and he plays one year under the hunters. They run a damn good development program. Figure this is better than sitting in the press box

Reactions: Garnet76 and Tyson

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
What is Mesars rights get traded to London and he plays one year under the hunters. They run a damn good development program. Figure this is better than sitting in the press box
London already has solid imports, and in Kitchener’s division.He won’t be traded there

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Why is the echl not being discussed? Isn't this why they got the Lions in the first place? Mesar could get top minutes there and if he can't cut it, then he's probably not going to succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad