Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Brann move the puck well, and you can see he thinks the game well...but he still has a long way to go in his development.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The big question is can Brannstrom do enough of the things he does well to make up for the complete disaster he is in his own zone. I’d say today he does because we have a lack of puck movers. Sanderson, Thomson and JBD will be great to have once they are ready.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Branny is going to end up being a 3rd pairing on this team.He needs to play with a defensive stay at home responsible partner. Maybe even a player with some good size/physical to help out his short comings.

Reactions: NB613

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Love branny but unless he adds a nastiness to his game or insane composure and stick work in defensive zone a la turgeon, he is not gonna be on this team.

Turned over by Evans was yikes. Bullied a bit in his own zone. Those plays in the playoffs will be more frequent.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Led the team in ice tonight. Has done that a few times this month.

if he’s on a puck control team he’s way more deadly. With Batherson, Norris, Sanderson and Pinto he’ll look better because we’ll have the puck more and the opposition won’t be hitting us with as much speed

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Oh it’s interesting? Like from a psychological point of view? Sociological?

It’s interesting seeing people on a hockey forum react to hockey news.

i think some of you are in the wrong place lol

But there was no news was there? Someone tweeted out practice rush lines that showed Brannstrom on a 4th pair and there was all kinds of "DJ is an idiot, Dorion needs to move guys out so DJ can't be an idiot"

After everyone got that out of their system, the team sent out comms saying white in, kastelic out.

I generally try to understand something first before commenting. Now, if Smith came out and said "we think Brannstrom would benefit from a few games up top watching" then sure you can question wtf.

But when the go to is "DJ's an idiot" without context or understanding, well I read and think idiot. But that's just me, I like to understand things first.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That line is used 50 times a day around here (DJ/PD/EM) as a universally accepted troll.

It’s the safest line of thinking here.
Because you’ll usually be right?

anyway. Brannstrom was a horror show last night. For honestly the first time

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No… that’s a thing in your head - go back and check fan opinion vs reality. Things like EK trades, drafting Brady/Pinto types. The popular Fan negative opinion around is consistently wrong.
People have opinions. Some times they’re right. Some times they’re wrong. This is sports. Not medical sciences. Something happens. People lend their opinion to it. It gets discussed. We do t need to each present some sort of essay. If this entire board was always just “well. Let’s wait and see”. “Hmm yes I agree let us wait”. Then yeah what would be the point.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
People have opinions. Some times they’re right. Some times they’re wrong. This is sports. Not medical sciences. Something happens. People lend their opinion to it. It gets discussed. We do t need to each present some sort of essay. If this entire board was always just “well. Let’s wait and see”. “Hmm yes I agree let us wait”. Then yeah what would be the point.

Fair enough -

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Because you’ll usually be right?

anyway. Brannstrom was a horror show last night. For honestly the first time

Ya, he didn't look good. Too much ice time. 5D out of the gate is a tough go. I think all our D were gassed. Didn't help that Zub took 2 penalties.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If this entire board was always just “well. Let’s wait and see”. “Hmm yes I agree let us wait”. Then yeah what would be the point.

It's almost as if there aren't threads and subsections specifically for rumour.

Lol, some people acting high and mighty as if they're hired by the team to post most accurate information are just as intolerable as those on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Reactions: Burrowsaurus

R We A Team

Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ottawa
So because I like the "player" anything that doesn't fit my perception of him is not on him but someone else's fault?

Seems Brannstrom gets forgiven for a lot of the things this board dumps on for other, less favored, players. If Brown had made as many errors as Brannstrom did last night this board would be up in arms but because he is a favorite of a few people he gets the "well even his bad games" kinda excuse for his terrible execution.

I like the player, but really, he is not as good as some are trying portray him to be. Given the crop of defencemen that is on the way I don't think he will be here that much longer anyway. Just my 2 cents.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
he had a poor game defensively. Def growing pains last night. Should get back in and keep going

Reactions: NB613

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
he had a poor game defensively. Def growing pains last night. Should get back in and keep going
He led the team in minutes right? Had a bit of rough night. Fair to say that this is a game that he can learn a lot from because he got to play through it? Do you think it will benefit him in the long run?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He led the team in minutes right? Had a bit of rough night. Fair to say that this is a game that he can learn a lot from because he got to play through it? Do you think it will benefit him in the long run?
2 bad ones in a row. Keep throwing him out there, give him the minutes and see if he can bounce back. We currently don’t have a better option.

Reactions: Loach

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
So because I like the "player" anything that doesn't fit my perception of him is not on him but someone else's fault?

Seems Brannstrom gets forgiven for a lot of the things this board dumps on for other, less favored, players. If Brown had made as many errors as Brannstrom did last night this board would be up in arms but because he is a favorite of a few people he gets the "well even his bad games" kinda excuse for his terrible execution.

I like the player, but really, he is not as good as some are trying portray him to be. Given the crop of defencemen that is on the way I don't think he will be here that much longer anyway. Just my 2 cents.

One is a prospect with upside that some of us want to see given all the opportunity to grow and develop. The other has fully developed into a sub par defender.

R We A Team

Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ottawa
One is a prospect with upside that some of us want to see given all the opportunity to grow and develop. The other has fully developed into a sub par defender.
So in other words free to make all the mistakes you dump on the "sub par guy" for? If they are both making the same mistakes maybe I could agree, however Brannstrom, the past few games has been below sub par. But but he's learning... not like that slug Josh Brown right?

Face it, this board has their favorites that can do no wrong, even if it is the exact same mistakes or worse that their whipping boy makes. Happens all the time. Be nice if we could just get behind everyone on the team instead of looking to be pointing fingers just because he is not your current boy.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
So in other words free to make all the mistakes you dump on the "sub par guy" for? If they are both making the same mistakes maybe I could agree, however Brannstrom, the past few games has been below sub par. But but he's learning... not like that slug Josh Brown right?

Face it, this board has their favorites that can do no wrong, even if it is the exact same mistakes or worse that their whipping boy makes. Happens all the time. Be nice if we could just get behind everyone on the team instead of looking to be pointing fingers just because he is not your current boy.

Josh Brown has never carried the puck past his own blue line - Brannstrom is playing a way harder game he’s not the protected 6th Dman who is only expected to stand at his goalpost. Brannstrom is doing 1000x more things in a game then Brown so he deserves way more rope

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Josh Brown has never carried the puck past his own blue line - Brannstrom is playing a way harder game he’s not the protected 6th Dman who is only expected to stand at his goalpost. Brannstrom is doing 1000x more things in a game then Brown so he deserves way more rope
Brutal take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad