Proposal: EDM - Trade the big 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
So you actually think that teams like Canes or Florida would be crippled with thoose trades?

Huberdeau - Draisaitl - Duclair
Verhaeghe - Barkov - Mamin
Vatrano - Reinhart - Tippett
Marchment - Luostarinen - Lomberg

Weegar - Ekblad
Forsling - Gudas
Kierstad - Carlsson

or

Svechnikov - McDavid - Jarvis
Teräväinen - Trocheck - Niederreiter
Lorentz - Staal - Fast
Necas - Kotkaniemi - Stepan

Slavin - DeAngelo
Skjei - Bear
Smith - Cole

I said winning is the best marketing and will increase revenue significantly more than simply having McDavid on the roster, so I'm not sure how pointing out that Florida and Carolina would still be very competitive is even remotely relevant. These two teams also wouldn't be relying on McDrai's star power to sell merchandise or trying to use them to market the team, they'd be using them to try to win more games and go deep in the playoffs.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Since everyone is talking crazy

TORONTO: McDavid

ARIZONA: Matthews

EDMONTON: Chychrun + Keller + 2022 1st ARZ (1-3 protected becomes 2023 1st no protection) + 2022 1st TOR + Josh Doan

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm new to this scenario but shouldn't everyone be offering their best winger, best goalie and more to get one of these two? For me, it would likely cost Pastrnak, DeBrusk, Swayman and more and that's a lot to give up to get one of the two best in the world. If you're trade offer doesn't have a guy like Pastrnak, it's not enough.

Reactions: bucks_oil

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
If it comes down to it and McDavid says he wants out.... If I'm Edmonton I'm trying to trade him to Ottawa.

Stutzle + Sanderson + 2022 1st round pick.

Edmonton cant lose both guys, they have to get one to stay. Best way to convince Leon to stay is by getting him a high end winger to play with him, the fact Stutzle is a fellow German and likely they are good friends helps as well.

Sanderson gives them a top tier D prospect and a guy that can actually turn that Defense around very quickly. And then they also get a Top 5 pick in the draft this year, along with a Top 15 pick from there own picks.

Although tbh it might be worthwhile for the Oilers to use that 1st rounder they own at that point to unload some of the awful cap dumps they have right now.

Between the 12.5M going out from McDavid in such a trade, and freeing up ~6M by being able to dump Ceci and Kassian lets say.... Oilers could be looking at almost 20M in cap space then as well to bring in a Top 6 forward or two.

Edmonton drafts Nemec with the Sens pick and can build around:

Stutzle/Draisaitl/Puljujarvi
RNH/Holloway/Hyman

Sanderson/Nemec
Broberg/Bouchard

Still no idea what they do about the Goaltending though. To this day I have no clue why Edmonton passed on drafting Wallstedt in last years draft. He would literally solve the goaltending position for 15 years for that team.

On the flip side of this, Sens get the best player in the league and get to play him with an absolute menace on the wing in Brady Tkachuk. Honestly they probably still have to add another piece, maybe even two to get the deal done considering its McDavid. But they have so many good young players they could afford to lose another forward like Grieg or Sokolov.

It's a good start, but nowhere near enough.

Edmonton got burned on Pronger, but still managed objectively more than that.
Pronger<<McDavidSo Ottawa should offer more than....
Lupul=StutzleAt the time, Lupul was a higher scoring sophomore and recent top ten pick. He didn't work out the way I expect Stutzle to, but it couldn't have been known at the time...
Smid<=SandersonSanderson is probably be a better prospect, but again... at the time, Smid was a recent top 10 pick, just like Sanderson and was playing very well in his first AHL season
1st=1st
1st>>>>nothing
2nd>>nothing
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So... this deal doesn't close to cut it for McDavid. You'd be adding a lot (think Chabot, Batherson or Norris and likely keep adding)

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
in all honesty I just can't see a McDavid trade. These guys all remember the Lindross trade.

I agree, but we were bound to see these kinds of threads after the loss last night. In most cases fans are just clueless about actual value of players or what a real trade looks like. So at best we're just seeing ignorance and at worst we'll see trolling. It is what it is.

Incidentally I'd make that Ducks trade.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I agree, but we were bound to see these kinds of threads after the loss last night. In most cases fans are just clueless about actual value of players or what a real trade looks like. So at best we're just seeing ignorance and at worst we'll see trolling. It is what it is.

Incidentally I'd make that Ducks trade.
Its actually McDavid's super high value that makes trades sooo unlikely.
messed up that the best player in the game is basically untradable cuz their value is too high lol
Unless the Oilers find the perfect situation of a team with space and elite futures.
IMO the Oilers are better to wait till he has 1 yr left and trade him for the typical superstar rental return.
If they trade him sooner the fanbase will be disgusted at the return.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Time to maximize value on the big 2 before they’re demanding a trade in the off-season

Trade 1

To NYR: Mcdavid

To EDM: Zibby, Lafrenniere, Kakko

Trade 2

To MIN: Draisaitl

To EDM: Ek, Dumba, Wallstedt
Wild don’t need Drai to win, and I wouldn’t give up JEE or Wallstedt. That would gut the future.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I think the oilers can make a Drai trade work but not a Mcdavid trade.
They would have to sell McDavid @80% value to make it make sense for the acquiring team.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The best player in the world and Fox nor Igor are involved, yeah that makes a lot of sense from the oilers POV.

That wild offer is even worse.

The oilers aren't trading these guys but if they did, a team would need to start with their best or second best player.

Whats the point of including Fox ? He would not sign with Calgary . He forced his way off of the Cane's . He would want out of Edmonton before the fax received all of the paper work .

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I'd definitely not go with the nuclear option before making a few less severe moves.
Go the Vancouver route. If that's not plausible, at least see if a goalie, any goalie, can reignite the team.
Oilers fans have been saying this forever. Fire the coach and get another goalie. Holland sucks, but maybe a goalie trade is something he wouldn't wiff on?
Would a coaching/system change make enough of a difference to put Kos in a better position to not get the team into a hole each game? Sounds like it wouldn't, but there has to be other options tried 1st.
Give Edmonton a spark and go from there. But do it and do it now.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Its actually McDavid's super high value that makes trades sooo unlikely.
messed up that the best player in the game is basically untradable cuz their value is too high lol
Unless the Oilers find the perfect situation of a team with space and elite futures.
IMO the Oilers are better to wait till he has 1 yr left and trade him for the typical superstar rental return.
If they trade him sooner the fanbase will be disgusted at the return.

Super high value with super high cap hit to boot. Eichel took forever to get traded. Based on that, how long would a McDavid or Draisaitl trade take to get worked out?

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Super high value with super high cap hit to boot. Eichel took forever to get traded. Based on that, how long would a McDavid or Draisaitl trade take to get worked out?
I can see a surprise blockbuster trade at the 2025 nhl entry draft. With 1 yr left and if the team that holds 1st OA is a destination he wants to go to.

Reactions: Ciao

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
So you actually think that teams like Canes or Florida would be crippled with thoose trades?

Huberdeau - Draisaitl - Duclair
Verhaeghe - Barkov - Mamin
Vatrano - Reinhart - Tippett
Marchment - Luostarinen - Lomberg

Weegar - Ekblad
Forsling - Gudas
Kierstad - Carlsson

or

Svechnikov - McDavid - Jarvis
Teräväinen - Trocheck - Niederreiter
Lorentz - Staal - Fast
Necas - Kotkaniemi - Stepan

Slavin - DeAngelo
Skjei - Bear
Smith - Cole
how does florida get draisaitl without giving up barkov or huberdeau? I see Bennett is missing, please dont say hes the main piece lol .

Reactions: CameHameHa

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Time to maximize value on the big 2 before they’re demanding a trade in the off-season

Trade 1

To NYR: Mcdavid

To EDM: Zibby, Lafrenniere, Kakko

Trade 2

To MIN: Draisaitl

To EDM: Ek, Dumba, Wallstedt
Keep your day job.

Even Peter Chiarelli wouldn't do this to the Oilers.

Whatever happens to the Oilers, things look a whole lot better with McDrai than without them.

Reactions: Seachd

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
how does florida get draisaitl without giving up barkov or huberdeau? I see Bennett is missing, please dont say hes the main piece lol .

Main piece would be Lundell. Montour is a stay-at-home D and Bennett 2C. Ooh, and a late 1st.

Montour 4g 15a 19p +8 3,5M
Bennett 17g 8a 25p +19 4,425M
Lundell 9g 15a 24p +15 .925M

Lundell is a 1A/1B 200ft center. Thoose points have come playing 3rd line minutes and PK.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
wow I was joking but leaf fans are seriously thinking they'll get mcdavid for marner +.

wow now the mods are joining he party too! To wonder the leafs fanbase is so delusional.

marner + 1st + tons of cap dumps.

I'm sure Edm is dying to add a soft overpaid winger to their team :sarcasm:
You're barking up the wrong tree.

How about Stutzle, Sanderson, and a first? Should we paint you and other Sens' fans with that brush too?

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
I dont see it. Not enough for EDM. Look up Draisatls stats and contract and tell me if you make that deal if you're Edmonton, and why.

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad